GMHBA Health Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (69) · No (3)
Kerry King
Kerry King Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give a negative score I would

JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Always peace of mind with GMHBA

Once I found GMHBA (who?) some 25 or more years ago (it is probably longer), we have stayed with the same Cover (Hospital and Extras) with confidence and satisfaction. I have never looked at what the 'others' may be offering since joining GMHBA. It feels to me like I am part of a family.

Hasso
HassoSouthwest, VIC

Very good organisation

We are very happy with our policy as it covers us very well with the issues I have had over the past couple of years.
All claims have been dealt with very promptly and have not had any issues.
Have been a member for approx 20 years and happy with the professional manner of the staff.

David
DavidDarling Downs, QLD

We are very satisfied with GMHBA Health Insurance

The policies are good value and easy to set up and change as needed.
Telephone stall are always most helpful and knowledgeable.
We have been with GMHBA since 2005, when we changed from Medibank Private.
We have a Singles Policy each to suit are separate needs.

Brian C.
Brian C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Hospital Cover overall @ reasonable costs with good range of partnered Hospitals.

Good value Cover & inclusions, easy to communicate with actual staff/persons. Easy re Claims with good actions taken & resolved = satisfied customers over our years with GMHBA & would recommend for Overall Cover Hospital/Medical.

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Deb
DebIllawarra, NSW

Great value

A wide range of policies at very competitive prices. Excellent customer service and easy to set up a policy and claims. Any queries are answered promptly. We have been with GMHBA for about 3 years now.

Great organisation.

I have been with GMHBA for over 20 years. Easy claim submission and process. Website easy to use. Staff very easy to talk to and knowledgeable about claim details and policy content.

Darryl C.
Darryl C.South East Queensland, QLD

Happy with their medical cover

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Great Company. Happy with service, always friendly and helpful. I have recommended GMHBA to many of my friends.

The policy is good value. The staff in the office at Hoppers Crossing were wonderful. They explained everything and helped us with the best policy appropriate for us. Unfortunately the office is no longer here , that’s the only thing we are not happy with. We’ve been with them for 5 years.

Good to have affordable Health Cover Insurance

Good Value,
Yes lodged a claim, resolved within two weeks,
Been with GMHBA for about 15-20 years
We review each year or second year so to get the best deal
Happy this year to stay with GMHBA.

John

Membership has been a valuable asset over the years

30 years membership meant a lot of money laid out in the early years but several health issues in the past ten years means we have been adequately covered and peace of mind has been of enormous value.

Leigh M.
Leigh M.Southwest, VIC

Too many rebateables.

On line claims excellent. Range of services covered too many and some of very doubtful medical efficacy Naturopathy is an extension of primitive medicine and is almost entirely un- substantiated.

Anne42
Anne42Hunter Region, NSW

Good Policy

Extras good value but unable to claim exercise classes etc because I have had this policy for a long time, approx 22 yrs. very easy to set policy up. Staff helpful.

tasha0039
tasha0039South East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy

I think my policy is good value for money. I have been with GMHBA for around one year and have no complaints. The amount paid for my dental treatment is very good. Thank you.

bobfeatherston
bobfeatherstonPerth, WA

Insurance works but working with head office is problematic

I have been with GMHBA for more than thirty years and have found their insurance works well in claiming for all of my medical requirements but when I have tried to claim for the remainder of my Connect Rewards I have found problem after problem. I think the web sit could be made a bit easier to navigate.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions