GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 17)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (35)
    • 1-2 weeks (20)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (69) · No (1)
Denny
DennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great policy

Policy is good value for money
We have lodged claims and refund was speedy and easily lodged over the phone
Have been with this company for 2 years and have not had any worries

Shaw M
Shaw MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A very good and useful support.

# We have been with GMHBA for nearly 8 years !
# We were assisted in setting up our policy by a broker and it has been very good value.
# All claims have been met very promptly and all queries answered efficiently.

Margaret
MargaretSouth East Queensland, QLD

People need to have a good Health Fund

I have found over the years that GMHBA has given good value. However on the prognosis that you only get what you pay for I have always had top hospital cover that has worked fairly well for me. I am not sure how long I have been with GMHBA but is many years.

Patto
PattoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have always felt comfortable with it

Amember from the 1970's (IOOF-GMHBA) My family-Daughter's family loyal 50 yrs. Meant nothing.Daughter recently refused support-operation deemed not covered. Someone in ‘Authority’ could've shown compassion. It's about people Not money

Lynne
Lynne

Yes, GMHBA is very necessary.

Yes, I feel my policy is good value, it would surely have been easy to set up, I have been with GMHBA since I first started working, I have lodged claims over the years and they were resolved immediately,

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Jan
JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

We have no problems at all with GMHBA. Continue the great service.

We have been able to put in claims for Dental, Optical and pharmacy receipts. All claims have been received with GMHBA with immediate results. We have been with GMHBA for 2 years and very happy with continued service.

Happy

We have no problems with GMHBA
All claims have been processed at hospital level. Had some out of pocket expenses
I like our policy as it covered us for everything but pregnancy.

Penelope
PenelopePerth, WA

Perfect for me & family

This policy is what we were looking for and unfortunately our previous fund was not as good. Claiming is easy rebates are excellent highly recommend to our friends and family

Trevor
TrevorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

We all need Hospital Benefits

I am about to go and see a specialist about my knee that has become very painful / arthritis over a number of years and I have been waiting for the stem cell research to be completed as I do not want a full knee construction, so I am hoping it is covered by GMHBA, as I have been a member for over 40 years.

Keith
KeithSouthwest, VIC

Geelong’s own, who does it very well!

Very happy with value, service and culture of the organisation. Always recommend. Very much part of Geelong community and supports many worthwhile endeavours. That’s all we really need to say.

Ray Carroll
Ray Carroll

Life Saver

Very good value.
Excellent time frame for claims.
A long, long time!
Nothing else to say at this point in time. Ridiculous to have the rule of having at least thirty words when all is covered above.

jelborough
jelboroughSouthwest, VIC

very happy

My policy suits our needs and wants have been happy with enquires and excellent customer service regarding our claims I have a member of GMHBA my claims have had the same day turn around if not a phone call response has happened nearly all the time. I only have had an excellent experience with GMHBA

Not sure

Easy to use and good to use has been easy to make an offer have been with GMA for a few years with great results and for years to come

Bob
BobSouthwest, VIC

Great friendly detailed service provider

It is great value taking into account all the options & potential medical issues.
It only took days to resolve and payback the claim
I / my family have been members for 25 + Years

Meercat
Meercat

Expensive but okay

Good staff who are always helpful. Dental cover minimal.
Would like to see a comparison with other insurance companies comparing apples with apples.
Will review costs inApril 2020 to decide on future insurance

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions