GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 4)

• Claim Resolution Time
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No
Phillip Swifte
Phillip SwifteThe Mallee, VIC

How I have experienced GMHBA

Seems to be as good or better than competitors
Claims are paid within 24 hours
Phone enquiries are answered promptly
If answers not avail. immediately-they always phone back
Been a member since 1983-maybe under an older name.

Sue D
Sue DSouthwest, VIC

Fantastic staff and great advice

We have been insured with GMHBA for over 25 years and hope to only ever claim dental check up and ambulance cover, but when ever we have needed a bit more the cover has been great and the follow up to make sure we are happy with the cover has been more than we expected. All health cover seems expensive but I have no complaints about value for money from GMHBA

Rod Shepherd
Rod ShepherdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service from GMHBA

GMHBA have by far the best call centre and provide accurate information regarding all aspects of their support and services covered by the policy. It would be very hard to move away from a team that provide this level of service.

Bill Soong
Bill SoongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and refund claim service actioned promptly

Yes the policy is of good value and was easy to set up,
Our claims have been processed immediately and payment made into our bank account the next business day.
We have had the policy for 12 months (changed from another provider that we were with for 30 years)

MAFSouthwest, VIC

Refund transaction

As usual, the staff member was friendly and prompt in servicing my refund claim transaction. All was promptly and efficiently handled in about 5 minutes. I did not have to wait as there was a vacant officer who greeted me as I entered.

Yes, I wrote this review, Peter Ferguson

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance

Pleasant surprise

This year for the first time I made a claim on my hospital insurance. I knew that there was money from the now discontinued rewards program to put towards the excess but was very pleasantly surprised to be sent a refund, also from the rewards program - without any paperwork or fuss - for the excess on the anaesthetist's bill and a pathology bill.

Ronald Pentland
Ronald PentlandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recent dealings with GMHBA have been excellent

I think this is my 4th or 5th year with GMHBA I was recommended to them by my relative
My claims have been settled with no hassles, but due to Government cuts Doctors extra charges are making it harder to find the finance

Graeme W
Graeme WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm Staying

My hospital insurance has been with GMHBA for several years now. I have always found the staff to be helpful. As they are one of the few mutual funds remaining in Australia, I will be staying.

brooklans
brooklansGrovedale

Outstanding service, great value

I should have moved to gmhba a long time ago. The staff are terrific sought to know my needs and packaged accordingly no problems with refunding processes ease of access to the office

Peter L
Peter LPerth, WA

No intention to switch funds.

Have been with GMHBA for many years. Don't know for how long. We are very happy with the benefits and service GMHBA provides. Have had many and varied claims including major hospital and there have never been any issues.

Terrence Gilbert
Terrence GilbertMurray Region, NSW

Simple to deal with

I have been a member for well over 10 years now ans suffered my fair share of illness requiring surgery and hospital stays, coverage has never been an issue with them and all bills paid without question

Jane Hattwell
Jane HattwellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I like gmhba

Gmhba is valuable and they respond quickly on the phone when I have a question. We got a fair amount back for my daughters braces and I like being able to pay monthly

Donte
DonteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No surprises.

We have been with GMHBA for a long, long time. Always had top hospital and top extras. Recent years we have had a few health issues that go with age and they resulted in 4 major surgeries and many specialists visits. Everything was explained and made easy to understand by GMHBA. Very quick refunds.

Michael Fitz-Gerald
Michael Fitz-GeraldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great service

It's great value for our family. so easy to use, fast process for claim. It is so easy to set up.
We lodged a claim via gmhab app, it only took 2 days to get our claim. most time is instant money back from the clinics.
We have been with GMHBA for almost 40 years. will not leave without this insurance.

excellent

been with GMHBA 15 years and others since 1965. Originally found to be cheaper than others. Have received excellent service particularly in the last 7 years with much illness and never a complaint from the fund and have had comment to the effect that it is at the top of the list for looking after the members.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions