GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 3 of 10)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (1)
caterina

caterinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and efficient

Calling GMHBA is easy. Once you get through the friendly staff help with any enquiry . They explain , advise and give you the answers to your questions. I have been with another health insurance for nearly 28 years. Since I have joined with GMHBA I actually get more rebate back and actually understand what I'm covered for. Claims are easy to process with no fuss. At the moment I am very happy with GMHBA.

Great for us so far!!!

GMHBA has been our health insurance for over 20 years and we have been looked after well by this company. Claims are quick, easy and with no fuss. Hospital stays and other medical issues are taken care of and the staff are very caring and helpful.

Hot and Bothered

Hot and BotheredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glad we switched

I am very impressed with the rebates we are receiving for extras compared to the ones we were getting from our old fund. I also love the system of sending a photo of receipts to claim- so quick and easy.

Always there for me

Had a few unexpected medical issues this year and GMHBA never faulted. Cant thank them enough. My bills were paid no questions asked. I have no regret for being part of a first class insurer.

Jacqui

JacquiPioneer Bay

Private healthh insurance is important to me.but it.is getting very expensive for people on the pension

Over a few years and I have never had a problem with claims l found gmhba very good when my husband was diagnosed with mind and I also found gmhba very caring

Stewart Liddell

Stewart LiddellGippsland, VIC

Have been behind us for many years.

We have been well served by our health fund over a period of approx 30 years. They have been there for us during some challenging times including current issues during the past few years.

GMHBA seems to be Made for Us

We are happy with our Health Fund because it meets our needs pretty well. We have kept ancilliaries cover particularly for Eye Health and Hearing issues and it has been excellent to date. We will not be changing Health Funds any time soon.
Ray and Jose Jones

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

Very good service so far

Have only been with you a short time but service at your Bendigo Office was very good. Have not lodged a claim to date as only recently joined in June this year.

Kenneth Pakes

Kenneth PakesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Have no complaints as service is 1st class

The policy is definitely good value, and did not take very long to arrangs.e
When I lodge a claim it is usually processed within a few days.
I have nbeen with GMHBa for many years

Stewart Rae

Stewart RaeSouthwest, VIC

A Pleasing Response.

Our claim was attended to immediately with a very nice cheerful lady.
We have been with GMHBA for approximately 47 years, so have been loyal customers! We feel our policy covers what we need, but would like more visits added to physio.

Good value yes
Did not take long at all was done through the private hospital and the attending medical surgeons.
Have been with the fund about 6 months now quiet happy with the change from H C F.

Liselotte Lindsay

Liselotte LindsayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Keep up the good work.

I believe that GMHBA provide good value for the premium you pay when compared to other health funds. I also believe in keeping locals in GEELONG in a job.

Keep up the good work.

Phillip Swifte

Phillip SwifteThe Mallee, VIC

How I have experienced GMHBA

Seems to be as good or better than competitors
Claims are paid within 24 hours
Phone enquiries are answered promptly
If answers not avail. immediately-they always phone back
Been a member since 1983-maybe under an older name.

Sue D

Sue DSouthwest, VIC

Fantastic staff and great advice

We have been insured with GMHBA for over 25 years and hope to only ever claim dental check up and ambulance cover, but when ever we have needed a bit more the cover has been great and the follow up to make sure we are happy with the cover has been more than we expected. All health cover seems expensive but I have no complaints about value for money from GMHBA

Rod Shepherd

Rod ShepherdGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great service from GMHBA

GMHBA have by far the best call centre and provide accurate information regarding all aspects of their support and services covered by the policy. It would be very hard to move away from a team that provide this level of service.

Bill Soong

Bill SoongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Friendly staff and refund claim service actioned promptly

Yes the policy is of good value and was easy to set up,
Our claims have been processed immediately and payment made into our bank account the next business day.
We have had the policy for 12 months (changed from another provider that we were with for 30 years)

Review collected in partnership with GMHBA Health Insurance

I am extremely pleased to be a long time member of GMHBA.

I have always been treated with the up most respect & thoughtfulness in all my dealings with GMHBA,
& due to my previous health issues I have found by being a member of GMHBA much less stress & anxiety in paying Specialists, & Hospital Stays.

John Maroniti

John MaronitiWestern District, VIC

Overall good cover

Policy is good value for us. It was easy to set up and we have received good support at our local branch, as well as over the phone to main office. Claims have been very quick also.
I'm not sure, but I think we have been with GMHBA for over ten years.

MAFSouthwest, VIC

Refund transaction

As usual, the staff member was friendly and prompt in servicing my refund claim transaction. All was promptly and efficiently handled in about 5 minutes. I did not have to wait as there was a vacant officer who greeted me as I entered.

Yes, I wrote this review, Peter Ferguson

Pleasant surprise

This year for the first time I made a claim on my hospital insurance. I knew that there was money from the now discontinued rewards program to put towards the excess but was very pleasantly surprised to be sent a refund, also from the rewards program - without any paperwork or fuss - for the excess on the anaesthetist's bill and a pathology bill.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

Joyce H.

Joyce H.asked

How do I claim on a podiatry paid account ,I am in gold class over the internet

Jann

Contact GMHBA and they can send you a direct link to send a photo image of the account. Very easy and payment is usually in your account within 1 - 2 days. Then each time you make a claim you use that same link.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions