GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance (page 4 of 10)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (14)
    • 2-4 weeks (2)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (1)

Been GMHBA members for years, have never had a problem with our claims, so we very happy with the service, direct debit, and recently used the optical service for my new glasses

Lilly Revels

Lilly RevelsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Private Health Insurance

I only started up in February 2019 so I will not be eligible to make a claim until February 2020. I live in Melbourne however I am moving interstate to Perth where I will be utilising my private health insurance.

Ronald Pentland

Ronald PentlandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Recent dealings with GMHBA have been excellent

I think this is my 4th or 5th year with GMHBA I was recommended to them by my relative
My claims have been settled with no hassles, but due to Government cuts Doctors extra charges are making it harder to find the finance

Graeme W

Graeme WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm Staying

My hospital insurance has been with GMHBA for several years now. I have always found the staff to be helpful. As they are one of the few mutual funds remaining in Australia, I will be staying.

brooklans

brooklansGrovedale

Outstanding service, great value

I should have moved to gmhba a long time ago. The staff are terrific sought to know my needs and packaged accordingly no problems with refunding processes ease of access to the office

Peter L

Peter LPerth, WA

No intention to switch funds.

Have been with GMHBA for many years. Don't know for how long. We are very happy with the benefits and service GMHBA provides. Have had many and varied claims including major hospital and there have never been any issues.

Right for me

My policy has suited my needs over the last decade,with minor changes along the way as per discussion and advice from very friendly/helpful staff at the Bendigo office.I anticipate staying with GMHBA in the foreseeable future

Terrence Gilbert

Terrence GilbertMurray Region, NSW

Simple to deal with

I have been a member for well over 10 years now ans suffered my fair share of illness requiring surgery and hospital stays, coverage has never been an issue with them and all bills paid without question

Jane Hattwell

Jane HattwellGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I like gmhba

Gmhba is valuable and they respond quickly on the phone when I have a question. We got a fair amount back for my daughters braces and I like being able to pay monthly

Donte

DonteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No surprises.

We have been with GMHBA for a long, long time. Always had top hospital and top extras. Recent years we have had a few health issues that go with age and they resulted in 4 major surgeries and many specialists visits. Everything was explained and made easy to understand by GMHBA. Very quick refunds.

Michael Fitz-Gerald

Michael Fitz-GeraldGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great service

It's great value for our family. so easy to use, fast process for claim. It is so easy to set up.
We lodged a claim via gmhab app, it only took 2 days to get our claim. most time is instant money back from the clinics.
We have been with GMHBA for almost 40 years. will not leave without this insurance.

excellent

been with GMHBA 15 years and others since 1965. Originally found to be cheaper than others. Have received excellent service particularly in the last 7 years with much illness and never a complaint from the fund and have had comment to the effect that it is at the top of the list for looking after the members.

Deb Fowkes

Deb FowkesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can't live without you

Whenever l call up a real people actually answer, they are extremely helpful and always make sure you are happy with their response. Claims are made really easy. Good value for money

Marilyn Corbett

Marilyn CorbettWestern Australia

Always Very Helpful

I Have been with GMHBA for many, many years and am and always have been very happy with the service. At the Optometrist and dentist the receptionists are often surprised at the amount of rebate I receive which is a good sign. When ever I have a query it is always answered most efficiently.

Kate P

Kate PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really good extras benefits.

Have been with GMHBA for many years and no complaints at all. Have always found them easy to deal with and whenever I make a claim anywhere, the payees always comment on how good my benefits are compared to their other clients.

Jennifer Singe

Jennifer SingeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

most helpful

No policy is good value anymore! there is always too much gap for the person who actually pays for health insurance
the claims are quick and painless
probably more than a decade, I am not specifically sure
how long I have been with GMHBA

So easy customer service

12 months but been in touch twice needing help, got nothing but great customer service and would recommend others to look at it

Insurance claim madeNo

Mike

MikeKadina SA

Matching experience between large multi nation and local members' companies to which we have been cl

I have not been able to detect the difference between a large Multi National company and GMHBA Health Insurance when making a claim. We are certainly better off, overall financially, since changing companies.

Insurance claim madeYes

Stuart

StuartLangwarrin

Excellent Customer Service

3 years, During my time with this company it has been a pleasure to talk with real people if I have any questions .

Insurance claim madeYes

Wonderful staff:

Have only been with GMHBA for one year, however was with BUPA over 30 years. Have been paying private cover for 55 years...….give me GMHBA any day. Your customer service is wonderful, We are very happy with your company.

Insurance claim madeNo

See all GMHBA Health Insurance reviews

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke

Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann
Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

See all GMHBA Health Insurance questions