From January 2020, GO Homes is offering a $100 Westfield gift card to their customers in order to encourage them to write either a positive or negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward. Previous incentives: from March 2015 to December 2019 - $250 and $500 Westfield gift cards.
New home / slow build
The building journey for us started July 2020, from meeting up with [Name Removed] to actually picking a design we fell in love with, all through the process at the beginning to now, [Name Removed] & [Name Removed] could not have done enough for us, from changing the design to suit our needs, the interior design we changed, had quotes for this quotes for that, they were on hand whenever we wanted to discuss the plans further, and finally we signed up, the score I have given is not for them, they would get a 5 stars from me, but the 3 stars is f...or the time it has taken to get to the position we are at now, we are well over a year from when we started this dream home, to only having our slab recently put down, then to be told it will be a further 2-3 weeks before they put the soak wells in, and could be another 6 months before we even see a brick layer on site, it is very frustrating to see houses on your street virtually at lock up, and yours is a concrete pad, just looking forward to seeing our house progress further and being able to call it MY HOME.
Slab down for 9 weeks and still no bricks up
Signed my contracts in June and got My slab poured on the 7th of October and I’m still waiting for a brick layer to start. Also trying to get info and updates from my construction consultant is like pulling teeth! Not happy at this stage that’s for sure! Everything pre construction was great. I know things are crazy at the moment with the building industry, but some progress would be great!
Good for low cost seeker
- online portal makes thinks handy: your past, current (including photos) and future progress are tracked here, all documents are uploaded here and contact list, you can make selections here as well and visualize it using 3D model.
-project admin emails and contact you every time when new stage is completed.
-personally, I haven't really built with others but I am happy with the price.
-easy to access main office in Perth city with parking provided
-I enjoyed service form my sales manager [name removed]. Building manager is skilled and nice....BAD: - It is not really bad for those only after low price but don't mind the options provided. You really don't have much choices for hardwares, almost everything cost extra. - This is the most important part, you need to be really really patient and forgiving between the period after you signed the contract and commence of your home construction. Things can be quite annoying. I mean, to be realistic, low cost doesn't always come with the best service, as long as the house is good to live in at the end.
Not a good experience
Home Design Name is Fernleigh
Building Approval Permit Number is BP18/0915
- Helpful rep, listened to our needs and suggested perfect floorpan for us.
- Build completed within promised timeframe of 6 months.
- Site supervisor acts in time....CONS: - Terrible pre-start experience. Our consultant [name removed] was so impatient she sighed on us the whole time while we were trying to make decisions. She didn't have the patience to help us with making selections nor made suggestions on additions for our home. It felt like we were rushed to make decisions so that her job is over and done with. We just felt so pressured and uneasy the whole time! - GO homes didn't provide us any information about what to prepare and look for prior to prestart. So when we were there, the prestart lady didn't want to help us and acted like we should know everything. SO while we scramble through products trying to discuss between each other, going on google to search for product information, she sat there at her computer sighing the whole time and making us feel stupid. - Admin [name removed] is TERRIBLE. They got our name spelt wrong the whole time, which we didn't mind at first, but they asked us to check if our information on the contract was correct, which our names weren't so we informed them, and they ignored it, continue on making variations of names for us in all emails and all contracts!!!!! HORRIBLE! When we finally met at the prestart to sign the contract, [name removed] was horribly rude to us and acted like we owed her and that her job is forced upon her. - Site supervisor a. Aircon was not blowing air at all even though it was on the highest setting, but site supervisor insisted there is air! We argued about it, ended up holding up a tissue against the aircon just to prove our point. He said he'd try, but he insisted there's strong air flow, but ended up getting it fixed and the air flow now is much stronger. Overall, it was disappointing and the process was very tiring because the customer had to do their job. I honestly hope you take our feedback seriously as these takes time to typed out. I could just let it slide and let you make the same mistakes again and again. Look us up on your system, you'll know I am not even exaggerating for abit. They all happened! Building companies are so competitive nowadays, other companies have better customer support then go homes as I heard from my friends who are also building, I'll recommending everyone against going for go homes anymore.
Are you looking for a fight?
Hi! Are you planning on building a home? Well you must be looking for a fight! If our experience with GO Homes/BGC is anything to 'GO' by, building is difficult and stressful, but eventually it is OVER and you end up with a decent house.
There were many challenges and troubles along the way and this is our story of the journey. Building is tough as all builders are in it for themselves, not you. At the end of the day GO Homes, is an ok choice is a sea of bad choices. You will have to fight along the way to ensure everything is done corr...
We built with GoHomes this year. We had some good and bad both experiences. The company is good but our supervisor didn't care about the construction process therefore we had really bad experiences with him. After the third party report the company fixed most of the issues.
Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au
Overall good first time building
-It was built within 6 months time frame as promised
-The staffs are nice, professional manner and would love to solve the problems
-Love the online portal before pre-start meeting, could have idea what was going on.
-Can identified problems each stage of building from our building inspector and they did not show whether they solved the problems or not.
-Some of the problems have to address few times and only would fix it. Also, still found problem after handover which they did not fix properly.
Overall, it was still good experience building with GO homes.
It was just ok
- Helpful sales rep, who suggested the perfect floor plan that suits our needs.
- Build completed within promised timeframe of 6 months.
- Responsible construction manager who made sure everything is satisfactory before handover.
- Felt pressured by our pre-start consultant to quickly make decisions. She didn't have the patience to help us with making selections nor made suggestions on additions for our home. It felt like we were rushed to make decisions so that her job is over and done with.
- Disappointing site supervisor. Defec...
Don't Go Custom with Go Homes - Poor Customer Experience
We don't want to be that couple that detour people from building with GO Homes. There are many people with positive reviews and not many negative reviews. This is more constructive criticism and feedback for the company and the two of whom handled our account, the Construction Consultant and Building Supervisor. Results may vary of whom you have handling your build process.
How well managed was your build?
2 out of 5 - The pre start process was an exciting time for us as first home buyers/builders. We knew we weren't going with a premium ...
Not too bad, building process was good but contracting stage is quite disappointing
1. Good build timeframe (6 months from slab down)
2. Good building supervisor - [name removed] ([name removed]) is knowledgeable, true to his words and followed up on each issue,promise.
3. Good quality build and workmanship
4. Good customer support - timely communication with clients
1. Sales Representative over promised and under delivered (multiple issues with contracting)
2. Terrible Contracts Administrator - [name removed] wasn't very courteous while handling issues and very defensive when we raised up issues (blaming the sales rep & the customers for the issues)
3. Excessively long contracting stage - signed contract around July 2017 but slab down in March 2018 ...
Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au
Bad experience for first time builder and home owner
We had issues with the salesman who after taking our deposit did not want to speak to us to finish our design.
Our house had to be customised as our block is a unique shape. We were told “you can adjust things in pre start” we found out that was not the case.
We were given selections and then told no you can’t have that which we were extremely disappointed with.
Once the build started there were things contractors had “forgot” to build in so we compromised space for their mistakes. Wrong tiles were ordered - lucky I was able to confirm what ...
First home buyer
The workmanship and build quality of our property is great. They kept us updated with a progress report every step of the way. They were very accommodating with our working hours trying to fit us in wherever and whenever they could.
I felt that the prestart meeting was rushed. As a first time builder I was overwhelmed by the volume of information given in such a short period of time and after the build started I found there were things I would have changed had I known.
Overall I found that the service was good. My contract administrator was on the ball and very helpful.
Questions & Answers
Hi , what is the time frame for a building contract to be drawn up?
It was more than a year ago when I signed my contract. But based on my rough memory, it was about 2-3 weeks to get the building contract.
Thanks, the builder told us 6wks, now their saying another 4 was, it’s just doesn’t seem right.
Due to incredibly high demand, it is definitely taking us a little longer to process contracts than it did a year ago. Please be assured that our number 1 priority right now is ensuring all our current sales are processed through administration in time to meet stimulus eligibility requirements for our clients.
If you could provide your job number we'd be happy to take a look at your specific job and provide an update.
The GO Homes team
At what point does your ‘24 week construction timeline’ start? When the file moves to construction? When the slab is down?
And why won’t you provide the key miles stone dates from the build schedule to your clients to assist them in their planning?
Thank you for reaching out!
We pride ourselves on our build quality and commitment to deliver for our clients.
As your question appears to relate to a specific job file, are you able to please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your job number so we can look into this matter for you?
Thanks. However, there should be a definitive response to this regardless of the job file number and therefore shouldn't need looking into...
As every job is different, it is difficult to provide exact dates without knowing the exact project details. But we do strive to have clear and open communication with our clients to keep them in the loop with the many stages of their building process.
If you can provide us with your job number via email, we will be able to give you an answer specific to your build.
We look forward to hearing from you.
I would appreciate knowing if you would be able to organise a meeting with us on Monday even though your display homes do not open Mondays
Please respond to my question by email at4;
Hi Tom, we have sent an email to the address provided. Thank you!
Get an answer from our members and GO Homes representatives
Other Home Builders
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.