GO MasterCard

GO MasterCard (page 2 of 29)

Pros

• 0% interest for a set period (min. $300 purchases)

• Three repayment options to choose from

Cons

• $5.95 Monthly Fee

• $25 Establishment Fee

• High rate once the interest-free period ends (22.74%)

The GO Mastercard is offered by Latitude Finance and is designed for you to join when purchasing from stores like Harvey Norman, Michael Hill, or Bob Jane. The idea is for large purchases over $300 you sign up for an interest-free plan carried out through this card. There are three repayment plans to choose from when you sign up, but all of them incur the same $25 establishment fee and ongoing $5.95 monthly account keeping fee. Any amount still outstanding at the end of your interest-free period will be charged interest at the normal purchase rate of 22.74% p.a.

Interest Free Plan

• You need to make a minimum monthly payment.
  • This minimum will not pay off the total amount by the end of the interest-free period.
  • You can make extra payments at any time.
  • Plans start from 6 months.

Buy Now Pay Later Plan

• You are not required to make any repayments until the end date (although you can if you wish).
  • Plans start from 3 months.

Instalment Interest Free Plan

• These plans are only available during promotional periods.
  • You pay the same amount every month until your debt is paid off.
CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 1300 462 273
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Maximum Credit Limit $25,000
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments3%
Rewards ProgramGO Rewards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 GO point per $1 spent on everyday purchases and long-term interest-free plans

This is capped at 100,000 points per year

Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate25.90% p.a.
Release dateJul 2008

Norm

NormGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simple and basic

good for online shopping and in store but the $5 monthly fee is disappointing. Application and approval was very quick and simple and all done online which I like but overall there are better cards

Card Start DateAugust 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

magi

magiMelbourne

I enjoy by having it

Easy and convince always feeling happy to use, the most advantage is can be used many places. For example when I am trying to purchase anything through online I feel the secureness

Amit W.

Amit W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked out great

I was pretty satisfied with as i could buy the furniture i needed for my new home quite conveniently for a lot more than i could actually purchase from my regular savings.

Card Start DateSeptember 2018

Navjot

NavjotGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use this card

I used this card online on Apple Store to purchase Macbook pro. This Card easy to use but they charge nearly 5 dollar every month (may be service fee or transaction handle fee). But overall its Interset free and good.

Card Start DateOctober 2017

This is great

This credit card does the job, it was convenient for me when I was able to give this to a family member to use while I was away. Overall would recommend.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Luke

LukeBrisbane

Ok Credit Card For Selected Purchases

This is a good Credit Card especially if you are using it for interest free purchases at selected retailers. I used the MasterCard at Harvey Norman and had a 24 month interest period. The month fee is around 5 to 7 dollars and only payable when there is an outstanding balance. 2ould not use the Credit Card for other purchases as the interest rate is worse compared to others.

Card Start DateOctober 2014
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Great interest free card when used correctly

Decent card to use at major retailers with many options for long term interest free purchases on large purchases. Monthly bill clearly lays out what payments are required to meet interest free terms.

Card Start DateMarch 2017

Darcro

DarcroPerth, WA

Serves the purpose

We got this CC when we purchased a TV from Harvey Norman and used it for monthly repayments. Card served its purpose but haven't used it since. Harvey Norman use these guys for their no repayments for xx months deals.

Card Start DateJuly 2018

Useful

Fees a little high ,admin and paper handling fees, but it's a service you don't have to use if you don't want to. Apart from that it is a very handy service

Gagan Masoun

Gagan MasounGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

GO MasterCard - Make Life So Easy

I love to use GO MasterCard. Because it made my life so easy. I can buy things easily on installments which I wish for. Thanks GO MasterCard. A+++ rating for this.

Card Start DateApril 2019

Masa

MasaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Card/Account for Interest Free Purchases

Excellent card/account to use for interest free purchases at participating stores. Allows for large purchases to be made across varied interest free periods which make financial planning much easier and less stressful.

Card Start DateSeptember 2017

Nima

NimaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

card itself is good, Better if merchants provide more flexibility

some merchants such as Harvey Norman force you to purchase certain product in 6months term which is inconvenient, they advertise 50months interest free but when you walk into the store, they mix and match items in a way that some important ones you are forced to get 6months or if you want a higher term you have to pay a penalty around 10-15% to them!

Card Start DateAugust 2019

took awhile

took a few goes to get it rihgt in store a lil frsutrating had to go back a few times. Computers nit uploading and losing infor and then having to redo it

Tasman2013

Tasman2013

Designed to rip you off

GO Mastercard is designed to make it hard to actually achieve an interest free arrangement. When you enter an "interest free" agreement they don't provide any information about what payment level is required to actually achieve an "interest free" arrangement. Their systems don't provide access to this info either, you have to work it out for yourself.

Card Start DateDecember 2014
kym

kymMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Buy time hmmm

Just could not do 12 months deferred on last perches. But all good. Need you to send email on the shops that use this card or a list. but part from that quite happy with everything

Best way to buy now

Been using it for 6 years and can not fault it in any way, simple and easy, no hidden surprises 10/10. Very convenient for any minor or major purchase, set monthly fees not over the top, no guess work as to how much is left to pay or how much I can spend

Marya

MaryaLake Macquarie

Good customer service

Recently I had unauthorised transactions made on my GO MasterCard. This is the first time this has happened to me since I began using credit cards. It was a distressing time for me but it was easy to cancel my card with one phone call. The call centre were friendly and helpful. A new card was issued and all the unauthorised transactions were charged back.
Have used the rewards program many times to receive some great products.
I love the interest free period and promotional purchases and recently used GO MasterCard for 12 months interest free at the Apple store. I would not be able to make purchases like this without interest free. It is a win win for me.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Bronwyn

Bronwyn

So handy to have

I don't know what i would do without my Go Master card, I would not have the money to go and get a new fridge outright. But with this card I can get my fridge and pay it off without interest.

Joy

JoyPerth

Good service

I like the fact that I don't have to pay interest while using my Go card, it really saves me lots of money and making a payment it so easy with the app.

Consumer89

Consumer89Darwin, NT

Misleading for consumers

Recently, it came to my attention that go MasterCard had been charging me a number of late fees. I’ve since understood that there are a number of different products with different requirements, which weren’t made clear to me upon purchase.

I did not realise that I had been charged late fees and as a consequence my monthly instalment amount increased, and thus when I paid what I thought was the minimum repayment, I was still charged late fees because it didn’t meet the revised amount. However, GO MasterCard did not contact me.

I have since paid out the card, cancelled it and will never use GO MasterCard again.

Card Start DateApril 2015