GoDaddy

GoDaddy (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

KL1
KL1Sydney, NSW

DO NO USE THEM - complete rip off business

Cheap website fees that are set to autorenew at extortionate rates in the fine print. Even if you don’t select auto renew, they set it up so it auto renews any way and it’s in the fine print of the terms and conditions. If you don’t cancel within 24 hours, you have paid it and they won’t refund. DISGUSTING

Rates and Fees
Sand
SandSydney, NSW

Harassing calls to buy products

I received a sales call from Go Daddy to purchase a product I’d cancelled years ago. When I told the sales rep I wasn’t interested he became rude, critical and manipulative. There was also no way to lodge a complaint. One reason I changed web providers was the lack of customer service and long wait on the phone to get technical support

John S.
John S.Sydney, NSW

Shysters just want to fleece you

I tried to cance auto renewal a number of times and finally succeeded - only to find that minutes later they charged me for something that was not in our agreement. Now I will have to follow up with them to refund the money. Don't give them your credit card details!

Rates and Fees
Seanc
SeancSydney, NSW

poor service

I recommend them to my mate to arrange and build a website
He has had support issues since it's been up.
1/ They are not based in Australia, so good luck getting support
2/ When you try and get support, they don't fix what you have requested the issue was
3/ They try and blame everyone else, in consideration, They built the site.
I would be very careful in using or recommending them !!!!!!!!!!
The person i recommended is now dumping them and moving his site away from them

Find out how GoDaddy compares to other Digital Services

They will take double amount of your money on auto renew

They will take double amount of your money on auto renew and by the time you see the charge on your credit card its to late...NO REFUND policy.

Keep away.. they have taken double amount of my money 3 different packages and if you check current packages its half the price. I have called twice and they go through the process and then they hang up.
I have never come across this before its a joke

How are they allowed to operate ?

Basem A.
Basem A.Sydney, NSW

Unethical Service

Used godaddy to search for my domain's availability and it was available. Come back in a week's time to see the domain was taken and they're trying to charge me $3K+ for it. One of the most unethical services I have encountered.

Brad
BradRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Expensive and poor service

Do not get the brokerage service, you will incur further commision rates of 20 percent and unless your budget is massive you'll be ignored and the initial fee taken. There are far better options for negotiating a domain purchase

GregW
GregW South East Queensland, QLD

Stay far far far away from this Company

Kieran
KieranSydney, NSW

Domain Broker Service - .com.au Domain

Ozh
Ozh

no customer service

you cant contact them by email
you cant open a support ticket
their online chat is always offline
the only way to connect them is to call them by phone.
it is awful. zero customer service.

Stevel
StevelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Company to deal with

Great Service

I seriously have had nothing but good service from them, their support has always been prompt and knowledgable , I have many products with them and have had no issues, they have helped when others havent

Keith
KeithSouth West, WA

Appalling support

Tried to send them an email request to authenticate my domain but they don't do email.
You need to call and go through a myriad of menus - eventually when someone answers your call, they just hang up on you.
I still don't have my domain authenticated - stay away from these people.

Marie-Claire M.
Marie-Claire M.Sydney, NSW

Terrible! Must read before signing up with Go Daddy.

Aaron A.
Aaron A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is not an honest company, stay away

I am a senior developer.
Go daddy is as bad as crazy domain.

After you log in, they try their best to display ads and try to ask you to buy things. It is very difficult to find the things you need.

It is a waste of time to navigate through the pages and advertisement to find the things you need.

Stay away.

Rose M.
Rose M.Queensland

Don’t waste your time or money

Godaddy website builder is very limiting and for what you get the price is high. After I had completed my website, because of its limiting factors I had to then manually change over to Shopify, which was several days of work because your cannot export any of your data from godaddy. This is how they trap you. Their customer service seemed okay at first but then, this one guy was an absolute useless idiot (this is factual), and made me very frustrated and surprised that godaddy would hire someone like this. I have now changed to Shopify completely and they are soooooo much better. Seriously people, don’t waste your resources on this crap!

I am a web developer - GoDaddy Hopeless!!!

The server is incredibly slow and loses connection all the time. When I call customer service they try to sell upgrades to rectify the complaint. I have none of these issues with other hosting companies. I would no recommend Go Daddy to anyone. Very disappointed.

Do not use this company for anything at all

Everything they do is bad in every way shape and form. Email servers, web domains you name a service and they do it badly. Th email fault is the worst as it then locks you out for 4 or 5 business days, and you are stuck

anxious client
anxious clientPerth, Western Australia

Useless

Went to delete one of my wordpress sites that i would not be using and godaddy has deleted my main wordpress site i was actively working on without the box being checked for selection in the manage/options area.
Have contacted godaddy and they cannot restore unless i pay $149.99 fee when its a fault at their end for deleting without that wordpress box being checked. I have also got other plugins and themes i have recently purchased through that link that i now cannot access.
absolutely mad.

Dirty marketing tricks.

I bought a domain and I assumed the hosting fees were included since there was no option to include the services in the payment process. Customer service ignored my request to refund a even a portion of the money is lost for nothing. Watch yourself, research well.

As a developer, i'll honestly tell you this is the worst on the planet

I have used multiple hosting services over the past 15 years and GoDaddy has just been so irritating to the point I had to make an account and be honest. STAY THE HELL AWAY. They are awful. They will create problems for websites and tech are paid commission on selling tech services and upgrades. It's an awful scam.

Samuel D
Samuel DSydney, NSW

Was OK, until i needed to upgrade my website

worst!! Shopify is better

In the process of making my site with go daddy I kept losing access - I could not gain entry to my site numerous times, had to wait hours for the help desk, finally fixed it - lost access again. It said my site no longer existed after hours of work. DO NOT USE

Zena
ZenaSydney, NSW

Absolutely hopeless

Jude
JudeNew South Wales

Would give them minus 5 if I could.