2GoDaddy

1.1

2% · 12471 · 97%

Sarah Z.4 posts

Sarah Z.

I still heard nothing from Godaddy. no email no calls. So frustrated and anxious!

Dasher Dave
Dasher Dave5 posts

Rich R
Rich RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Poor service from one person ruins the company

Marvin is terrible. If you get him, hang up and call back and get someone else. He is pathetic and should be sacked.
Glen
GlenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overcharged

The support from this company is absolutely appalling. I have a simple problem they sent me a bill for the renewal of the website being @ $450 they then took @$600.00. They cant tell me why they wont refund or for that matter even reply. It is like some sort of scam I am amazed that a company like this is so hopeless in its service.
Alex Tran
Alex TranSydney, NSW

Worst platform and support system ever

caused me more troubles down the track once you set up the domain and emails on their reseller's platform. stay away
Derek
Derek Sydney, NSW5 posts

Impossible to cancel - the worst customer experience ever

After 2 months of trying to get the web design team to complete my website - I lost patience - requested to cancel - that's when they suddenly didn't have a phone number or any way to get through to a department to cancel - iv spent more time on hold with this 'business' then fat people have had hot dinners

Do not do business with this terrible terrible terrible company

Steve M.
Steve M.Sydney, NSW

serious problems with their service and security

my domain had the mail MX records removed. Godaddy can not confirm who made the change, it was not made by me. I lost 4 days of emails as Godaddy tech support were slow and not technical enough to understand what my problem was. I moved my domain since my mail MX records could be removed again without my knowledge.
Vincent G
Vincent GSydney, NSW

Very poor customer service from this particular person…

Did reach godaddy first a email issue,spoke with [Name Removed] ( [Name Removed]),the gentleman then told me that he will get back to me ASAP to assist me further( 2 weeks passed )no news….did send him three emails with no responses ….I do operate my own business and need assistance….this is very rude ,disrespectful and unprofessional behaviour…this person should not be on the call assisting people as his attitude tarnished godaddy.com….
My issue has not been fix yet….
Not impressed at all….
Vincent G Sydney
Mac
MacSydney, NSW

The Devil I know

GoDaddy is the absolute least user friendly platform I have ever experienced. I have two companies with two websites and emails with them, ( I know, burned once and went back for more). They are expensive and I end up having to call them every month to ask, "Why has my domain unconnected from my website?" or "What is this free trial that all the sudden ended, when I have paid a lot of money for sites that are supposed to run without my having to manage them day to day??" Unfortunately I don't have time to switch everything over to another platform, they are the devil I know and the devil I hate.
Melanie
MelanieCentral West, NSW

Guest83
Guest83Sydney5 posts

Very poor customer care

I have used GoDaddy for a couple of years... the first year was okay, but the second year there were some technical issues that they could not resolve, wasted so much of my time trying to get them to work on the issue to have it resolved but no luck which is not acceptable when you are running a business.
At renewal time I explained this and other offers online, and I was provided with a small discount then a week later they changed their mind and the discount was no longer valid.
So just a warning, their sale prices may attract you but be aware their customer service is very poor and they do not want to know you when it comes renewal time.
Dissppointed
Dissppointed

No Australia support

Godaddy do not provide email migration support during Australian business hours. You spend hours on hold with the wrong support teams. They off to call back but don't. My issue has been dragging on for months.
bevan s.
bevan s.2 posts

Worst customer service

You cant complain about the customer service, there is none, left without a website for weeks, due to thier incompetence
Vince G.
Vince G.Perth, WA

Alert do not use this company for Web Hosting

My website was extremely slow and my contact pages we taking 15 seconds to upload after being submitted ! My web developer has had this problem with Go Daddy servers CRASHING AND FREEZING issues with most of his customers ! And told me to go with Rocket.net now all of my problems are resolved. Best to find some other companies that look after their customers and do really care.
Blauw M.
Blauw M.

No Customer Support!

I have explained my issue a 100 times over a matter of 3 weeks, struggling daily with these people however, they keep on responding to something different and cannot answer my questions neither can the solve simple issues (email go to spam box). Then I ask for the supervisor but she decided to ignore me totally. Then I keep on calling their given phone number 020 7084 1810 but it seems like this number doesn't exist as it doesn't even ring but "call failed" straight away, over a period of 2 weeks, calling them 24/7. Seriously, GoDaddy should shut down because they know NOTHING about customer support.
Ken Cowden
Ken CowdenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lee4545
Lee4545Perth, WA17 posts

Used to be very good, now simply terrible

I was in the process of updating my WordPress site when my website had a fatal error and disappeared. The problem was a WordPress fault and not GoDaddy, however, after being on the phone to GoDaddy for over an hour I had to pay $100 and was told the problem should be fixed within 72 hours. I need my site online all the time so I Googled the problem and found I could reload my site very easily, I shouldn't have paid the $100 (which they scheduled to be paid monthly!). I asked for my $100 to be refunded, but have heard nothing. This is very disappointing as GoDaddy used to be an excellent provider, but it seems it has now fallen in to a scam operation with little respect for loyal clients. I have been with GoDaddy for over fifteen years.
Krishna A.
Krishna A.Sydney, NSW

Never get this godaddy services

scam, charges for that I never signed up. Also the support team keeps me on seen for half an hour, all from India and doesn't care about your enquiry,.
Dr John
Dr JohnSydney, NSW

Lily
LilySydney, NSW

If I could rate 0 I would

Ive been a customer with GoDaddy since 2017 and as an agency have purchased numerous services especially hosting all our domains and our clients domains,. However customer service or rather lack thereof has been an issue, I have reached out multiple times to GoDaddy for a resolution, via whatsapp and via call, and then given the details of a manager (Mark) but still I haven't heard back from anyone addressing anything just yet. My account has been incorrectly charged on 2 occasions and GoDaddy wont do anything about it. On top of that Tameem M and Harsh from their customer service team on Whatsapp Support have been unhelpful, Tameem has been condescending, rude and has toyed with our account.
Just avoid.
Verónica I.
Verónica I.3 posts

I had a problem and they promptly helped

I recently bought a domain name and ran into a problem. I thought I was getting some scam emails and thought it was go daddy's fault. It turns out it wasn't. They contacted me and showed me that the extra security I had paid for was working, they explained what the situation was and were very helpful. I had to come back and in good conscience leave a positive review. Thank you Joe for your help. When it comes to buying domain names go daddy has been very good. Show reply
Clare C.
Clare C.2 posts

Do not use this web builder

Godaddy used to be good but service and attitude has deteriorated in the last 12 months.
Paid for 5 years - supposedly a good deal, but is actually RIP OFF. Godaddy then tries to do add ons.
They couldn't find a page that I'd accidentally deleted.
Customer support person wasn't listening - had to repeat myself 3 times & then became very argumentative
Admin A.
Admin A.Sydney, NSW2 posts

honest
honestGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
It's a rip off
It's a rip offHobart, TAS

Worst business model I've ever found

I already operate two websites. One in Squarespace. One in Wordpress. I wanted a simple third website and thought I would use Go Daddy's supposedly "free" service. I didn't realise I was signing up to a criminal organisation. The only thing that works is their website builder. Nothing else. Their accounting system is diabolical, their chat support model is unbelievably bad and the one intent seems to be to rip you off. I'm thinking of going to the ACCC.
Helen
HelenSydney, NSW2 posts

Terrible customer service. Can't cancel

I tried this site back in 2018. I didn't use it much and decided to cancel my subscription - couldn't. It kept asking to change my subscription and wouldn't let me cancel. I dropped it to the least amount requesting a contact. Nothing. Once a year, they keep taking money from my account, and I can't stop it. They are thieves! I'm sick of it and have no way to stop it.

Phil F.
Phil F.4 posts

I wish there was ZERO stars

GoDaddy has the worst customer service I have ever experience for an online service provider. It is that bad that I am in the process of instructing my team to remove all hostings with this company.

Their customer service agents are inept. My latest bad experience was 55 min with two agents to get a basic refund.

Do yourself a favour and don't use this company.

Fa B.
Fa B.

Terrible pricing policy, uninformative and untrustworthy

After paying for a full year domain, my website was taken down without any notification. Now to recover it they are charging me a ridiculous Restoration fee, plus the subscription plan. Total scam!
GoDaddy   DM

Hello Fa, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the frustrations you have encountered and I would like to better understand your experience. I have sent an email to the address on file so that we may connect.

My thanks,
JM

Lehi
LehiDarling Downs, QLD5 posts

Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

We had been with these guys since they were Media temple who you couldnt get any help from. I thought when they switched to Go Daddy it might get better but that was not the case. I had a client that used a different service provider for half the cost, based in australia, that actually talk to you on the phone! I know right! Anyway made the move a few months back and thought Id wait to write a review incase they only helped during the honeymoon period but they are still helping me. I will never go back to Go daddy
Rash
RashMELBOURNE15 posts

Probably the worst customer service and sales

I have been a customer of godaddy for more than 10 years. It generally works, but when there is an issue you are all by yourself. No help. 0 customer service, you cannot reach their support even you wait on the call for more than 30 min. their chat will drive you nuts as the consultant on the other end have no knowledge of their product and services. So if you are not expecting any support or customer service then its company to goto.
Shah
Shah2 posts

Unfair Behavior

They removed my website without any intimation.
Tried to get it back now and they asking for restoration fee.
I would have paid had they intimated.
I have using their services for long for my clients and business.
But I will leave GoDaddy services now along with my clients and business.
That's critical for any business and client if the services are removed without any intimation.
Pete
PeteHobart, TAS

Deb
Deb2 posts

Migration Nightmare

Up until this evening have been happy with GoDaddy. NO MORE. For reasons that are "commercial in confidence" need to migrate a website to another provider. While transferring a Domain Name is relatively straightforward, GoDaddy has refused to migrate website content. The excuse that the "template" used cannot be migrated because the receiving provider will not be able to use it is absolute incorrect. The template is in WordPress, so there's no reason it cannot be migrated. In needing to change providers, GoDaddy has really laid out bare, how atrociously bad their customer service is.

ZERO stars would be too high a rating for this mob.

As others have stated, this will also result in a formal written complaint to the ACCC.

RangerHomer
RangerHomer14 posts

Heather
HeatherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

If I could give zero stars I would

This company tells you lies to get you to pay for products. We moved our email from Go Daddy to Microsoft. In the process Go Daady failed to mention that we hadn't actually purchased a Microsoft product but it was a Go Daddy provided product so they host our data. If we left we would lose all our email data. So we went back in order to give us time to arrange a proper migration. The advice we got on how easy it would be to go back was a total lie. My business emails have been offline for 24 hours and they are saying it could be 72 hours. The sales person told me when I resubscribed that my emails would be back on instantaneously. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY.
Jasmin
JasminSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Disgusting! They hold you hostage

This company is a scam. They remove your website without notification. Then hold you ransom for a back up fee And a renewal cost. I initially signed up for a free 1 page website and paid for the domain. Now they are scamming me $180 additional on top. Looking at other reviews they have done this to many people.

Hooman
Hooman

horrible

Their website is dodgy and misleading designed to only get your money! If you have any issue with them, there is no way to contact them except listening to a bunch of recorded voice messeges. Never fall in the trap of goDaddy.com.
Paul P.
Paul P.South East Queensland, QLD

Appalling service - run away!

Tried to set up new business domain name and had issues when it kept throwing an error. Rang tech support and simultaneously tried chat support. After waiting 15 min to get connected the phone support person took my number and asked my problem. I told them and they hung up and never called me back.
Same with chat support, as soon as I explained the issue they disappeared and stopped replying.
Went with Host Papa instead and had no issues.
Dane H.
Dane H.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Absolute rubbish

Probably the worst company you could ever deal with. Do not host anything with this company, unqualified support staff, unreliable products.
Chase Wicks
Chase WicksSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Website deleted after four years

So go daddy offered a free website with a purchase of their domain hosting... after having designed the website myself and had It live for years, a customer emailed today to tell me my website was down... after calling and being iver talked by some Indian I'm still no further ahead. Exposing the website had been live for years, and him telling me they offer a free trail website for short term... after asking for a manager I was hung up on.