GoDaddy

GoDaddy (page 4 of 7)

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

Just Shocking

Outdated, unprofessional, hard to use, and just all-round embarrassing.
It is 2020. Products and companies like this should not exist.
I would be ashamed if this was my company or if I worked here.

Kris
KrisSydney

This company is a joke.

My site goes offline daily - they cant explain it. Recently my whole site went down and I couldnt connect - DNS error. Upon checking the DNS tool it says no changes had been made for over 6months, which is correct, yet tech support said a DNS change was made which caused the site to go offline. They couldnt explain why this was or who did it as they dont have logs.

Not good enough. This business is amateur at best and I would highly recommend you steer clear.

BASHAR
BASHAR

Websites killers, do not recommend their services.

I have being paying for my website for years, and they have not taken care of it. It was out of order for months without any notifications. Just huge waste of money. I do not think they can manage websites professionally. The sold me a product that is standard ssl and my website just did not work. and when asking them to put back into track they were asking me to upgrade. I do not need to accept any payments on the website, it was just for advertising.
They were asking me to fix it. If I was capable to fix it I would not be purchasing any product from them.

Andrew S.
Andrew S.Sydney, NSW

If I could give zero stars I would

After a relatively smooth start I was advised by my tech guys to move the service away from Godady to AWS. It is painfully clear that Godaddy makes it almost impossible to move your account away. I can't understand how it is legal to block the migration of the hosting.

Find out how GoDaddy compares to other Digital Services

It hurts to even give one star

I wish I never signed up to GoDaddy... an absolute mess, horrible user interface with plenty of bugs, 10-20 second server response times. ANYONE looking at signing up to GoDaddy, DO NOT. You will hate the service, struggle to leave, and wish you never touched them...

Personal information breach

I bought a domain name from GoDaddy and they shared my contact details with another marketing company. Now after every few weeks, someone is contacting me to build a new website. They should not share my personal details with anyone without my permission.....

Mark C
Mark CSydney, NSW

Avoid GoDaddy

On the 30th July I received a hefty & incorrect renewal charge. Have spent hours/days waiting to talk to someone to get sorted but so far no luck. They keep advising they will exceed my expectations?

Terrible

They advertise domain name for $9.95 once you are trying to finalize they will change the price.
customer service is zero highly suggest not to use them.
best to use our local domain hosting sites.

Angela
AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deleted my entire website and all history of it.

My entire website was deleted out of the blue, all my saved work gone and everything I had on godaddy gone. Wanted to charge me a $80 fee to restore it all even though they are the ones that lost it??

AVOID OFFICE 365 or any direct emails set up with them

Do not use them for anything else other than Web Hosting or Domain purchase, avoid any affiliated service offerings like Office 365, they are limited and you can be trapped with the full potential of what Microsoft applications are on offer.

Paul W.
Paul W.South East Queensland, QLD

A complete shambles

Erin D.
Erin D.Western Australia

Negative customer experience - they make it very hard to cancel

It is difficult to cancel accounts with them; I've been trying to do so for two years. No emails are provided when billing is invoiced, only when my credit card bill comes in the mail. Next to impossible to cancel online, and the "live chat" has taken me 8 times to solve my issue. Not worth the $26 dollars. On the suggestion of my credit card provider I canceled my credit card. Left this negative customer experience feeling like I got hit by high-level scam artists... I will be switching to WIX.

Find out how GoDaddy compares to other Digital Services

Possibly the worst customer service ever

I just spent 10 hours over the last 3 weeks trying to get my desktop email to work. The call centre people kept telling me that it would be fixed in 24 hours. I got the feeling there might have been a call centre game going about how much they can mess a customer around.

TanjaH
TanjaH

Questionable domain name dealings

Rita D.
Rita D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic

Signed up and paid for 12 months for website hosting and after 5 months and countless phone calls later, I am still paying my previous provider to host my website. Talking to them, I got the distinct impression that none of them knew what they were doing. It should not be rocket science, just migrate the existing website over and start hosting. Tried to get some of my money back, and it was like talking to a recorded message "it is outside the 1 month period as stated in our policy" over and over again. But what have I got to show for the 5 months that I have paid you? NOTHING. What a scam.

David L.
David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Overcharged me hundreds of $, can't reach customer support to get it back

They charged me $140 to restore my website which they incorrectly deleted. When the guy realised he couldn't do the job he charged me for, he said he'd refund it. 9 days later, I've been charged $140 TWICE with NO REFUNDS.

70 minutes on the phone to customer service, and GoDaddy hangs up on me. No result. Worst customer experience I have EVER HAD. I want my money back. Imagine not having any customer support workers in the countries they provide to (Other than USA), or even a global email line, to deal with customer issues. My mind is blown at how GoDaddy is such a successful corporation.

Joseph O.
Joseph O.Sydney, NSW

Thorn in my side (not a partner)

Josh C.
Josh C.South East Queensland, QLD

Ripped me right off on SEO work

THESE LIARS! they told me 3 months, for page 1, 3 months passed, no where near page 1, had my website audited, was told by multiple people, that they in fact didn't do any seo work, they charged me form it, but did in fact do all!

David L
David LSouth East Queensland, QLD

One payment issue and the website you built is gone forever

GoDaddy had an error charging my monthly renewal, within 30 days my website I spent 2 weeks building was completely deleted and I didn't know. No fault of mine. Disgraceful.

Grant
GrantPerth, WA

Glad to be rid of my Daddy issues

All I wanted was to transfer a domain out. It took 3 phonecalls totalling approximately 45 min and still wasnt advised what the problem could be preventing the transfer. Eventially I figured out myself what the issue was. Service representatives should know the basic way their processes work. Customer service is not good in my opinion. Would stay away, unless you want Daddy issues.

Zachary B.
Zachary B.

ujhejhejytrgod

GoDaddy I/O Usage

Any website edits on GoDaddy result in I/O Usage going over the limit and website becoming VERY slow. Very frustrating! Also every time you ring support for help, they always try to sell you something. Obviously they get paid commissions. I have just swapped over to another hosting provider and all of these issues have magically resolved. I also get the ssl security and backups included with the deal...whereas GoDaddy charge you for these extras.

Editor
EditorVictoria

Sneaking auto-renewal charges and price rise

I started a Go Daddy website and domain in march 2019, comparing discounts offered with other web makers but then in 2020 the auto renewals ended up being nearly double the amount i paid one year earlier and although everything stated AUS dollars you then get stung international trans fees on your card and when i rang to investigate, I was told I was charged for an extra web security that the operator said I didn't need as was already included but they would not refund me as I needed to report within 30 days of billing, except you don't really know when they will bill you. I asked for help as all work lost due to Covid19 and they offered nothing. Really disappointing and will be changing my website before next renewal.

domain brokerage

Stay away from them for brokerage of domain names. THe say "we might be able to get it", cash $101.99 while the domain name might not be for sale at all ... In my world this is called "criminal"

Amy
AmyVictoria

Very sneaky!

I had been using Godaddy for a year and realised they were over charging compared to other companies. After my
Year was up I paid for one month until I found another provider. Have since found they continued to charge me monthly for almost six months! Very sneaky in their auto-renewal systems. Be careful when using this site.