GoDaddy

GoDaddy (page 5 of 7)

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

AVOID OFFICE 365 or any direct emails set up with them

Do not use them for anything else other than Web Hosting or Domain purchase, avoid any affiliated service offerings like Office 365, they are limited and you can be trapped with the full potential of what Microsoft applications are on offer.

Paul W.
Paul W.South East Queensland, QLD

A complete shambles

Erin D.
Erin D.Western Australia

Negative customer experience - they make it very hard to cancel

It is difficult to cancel accounts with them; I've been trying to do so for two years. No emails are provided when billing is invoiced, only when my credit card bill comes in the mail. Next to impossible to cancel online, and the "live chat" has taken me 8 times to solve my issue. Not worth the $26 dollars. On the suggestion of my credit card provider I canceled my credit card. Left this negative customer experience feeling like I got hit by high-level scam artists... I will be switching to WIX.

Possibly the worst customer service ever

I just spent 10 hours over the last 3 weeks trying to get my desktop email to work. The call centre people kept telling me that it would be fixed in 24 hours. I got the feeling there might have been a call centre game going about how much they can mess a customer around.

TanjaH
TanjaH

Questionable domain name dealings

Rita D.
Rita D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic

Signed up and paid for 12 months for website hosting and after 5 months and countless phone calls later, I am still paying my previous provider to host my website. Talking to them, I got the distinct impression that none of them knew what they were doing. It should not be rocket science, just migrate the existing website over and start hosting. Tried to get some of my money back, and it was like talking to a recorded message "it is outside the 1 month period as stated in our policy" over and over again. But what have I got to show for the 5 months that I have paid you? NOTHING. What a scam.

David L.
David L.South East Queensland, QLD

Overcharged me hundreds of $, can't reach customer support to get it back

They charged me $140 to restore my website which they incorrectly deleted. When the guy realised he couldn't do the job he charged me for, he said he'd refund it. 9 days later, I've been charged $140 TWICE with NO REFUNDS.

70 minutes on the phone to customer service, and GoDaddy hangs up on me. No result. Worst customer experience I have EVER HAD. I want my money back. Imagine not having any customer support workers in the countries they provide to (Other than USA), or even a global email line, to deal with customer issues. My mind is blown at how GoDaddy is such a successful corporation.

Joseph O.
Joseph O.Sydney, NSW

Thorn in my side (not a partner)

Josh C.
Josh C.South East Queensland, QLD

Ripped me right off on SEO work

THESE LIARS! they told me 3 months, for page 1, 3 months passed, no where near page 1, had my website audited, was told by multiple people, that they in fact didn't do any seo work, they charged me form it, but did in fact do all!

David L
David LSouth East Queensland, QLD

One payment issue and the website you built is gone forever

GoDaddy had an error charging my monthly renewal, within 30 days my website I spent 2 weeks building was completely deleted and I didn't know. No fault of mine. Disgraceful.

Grant
GrantPerth, WA

Glad to be rid of my Daddy issues

All I wanted was to transfer a domain out. It took 3 phonecalls totalling approximately 45 min and still wasnt advised what the problem could be preventing the transfer. Eventially I figured out myself what the issue was. Service representatives should know the basic way their processes work. Customer service is not good in my opinion. Would stay away, unless you want Daddy issues.

Zachary B.
Zachary B.

ujhejhejytrgod

GoDaddy I/O Usage

Any website edits on GoDaddy result in I/O Usage going over the limit and website becoming VERY slow. Very frustrating! Also every time you ring support for help, they always try to sell you something. Obviously they get paid commissions. I have just swapped over to another hosting provider and all of these issues have magically resolved. I also get the ssl security and backups included with the deal...whereas GoDaddy charge you for these extras.

Editor
EditorVictoria

Sneaking auto-renewal charges and price rise

I started a Go Daddy website and domain in march 2019, comparing discounts offered with other web makers but then in 2020 the auto renewals ended up being nearly double the amount i paid one year earlier and although everything stated AUS dollars you then get stung international trans fees on your card and when i rang to investigate, I was told I was charged for an extra web security that the operator said I didn't need as was already included but they would not refund me as I needed to report within 30 days of billing, except you don't really know when they will bill you. I asked for help as all work lost due to Covid19 and they offered nothing. Really disappointing and will be changing my website before next renewal.

domain brokerage

Stay away from them for brokerage of domain names. THe say "we might be able to get it", cash $101.99 while the domain name might not be for sale at all ... In my world this is called "criminal"

Amy
AmyVictoria

Very sneaky!

I had been using Godaddy for a year and realised they were over charging compared to other companies. After my
Year was up I paid for one month until I found another provider. Have since found they continued to charge me monthly for almost six months! Very sneaky in their auto-renewal systems. Be careful when using this site.

David G.
David G.Sydney, NSW

Dodgy Operators - Stay Away

Complete Scammers

Terrible customer service, they parked my domain after I used its search engine and then proceeded to try and make me pay over 100 to get it back. Do not use its search engine or else they will buy your domain.

FlashF
FlashFSydney, NSW

sold my domain 5 days over due

no point talking to the trashy salesman. the bean counters see a buck and go for it. ok I was a week overdue and they nailed and sold my domain name that I had held on to for 20 years.
they are scum.

Lauren
LaurenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good but needs updating!

I purchased a way cheaper business email address & web domain than what other companies offered. Happy with everything besides the fact that I have to log into Outlook and THEN Godaddy to access my emails. I hope there is an update soon where I can log in directly rather than double handling.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

absolute scammers!!!!

Spoke to 4 useless customer service people in a row. Spent over 2 hours on phone to them. The domain i owned and wanted to transfer was cancelled by one of those guys in the frustration of the calls even though i had renewal until 2021. They kept saying i did it. Hopeless. So much fluff. Frustrated as helL!

Stephen
StephenParramatta

Hopeless Customer Service

Spent over an hour and a half online with an operator who had no idea what he/she was talking about. I asked for an email address that I could lodge a complaint with. Guess what..... no email address is available.
As soon as I figure out how to dump Godaddy and retain my email address and domain name I'll be changing.
Good grief. I've just read other reviews. I thought I might have been alone. This mob sound like they need to be investigated.

Jimbo
Jimbo

Money hungry and unhelpful

bill
bill

No Way to complaint within Godaddy beyond a supervisor, Cheating to sell SSL Certificate $337 2 year

The sale person misled me to think $417 webhosting renewal include SSL Certificate, I am not happy with Sale misled me that to believe the Hosting total $417 included the SSL price, instead of extra $337.93 on top of hosting renewal become total $754.93
however, I only found out when credit card statements, He deducted an extra $337.93 on top of $417, makes the total bill $754.93
When I want to complaint, the supervisor to me to go to US legal dept, NOT in Australia base.

Ryan
Ryan

Scamming people with SSL certificates

https://letsencrypt.org has been providing free SSL certificates for years, yet GoDaddy tries to charge $109.99 a year, trying to scam non-technical people. I have never requested anything to "auto-renew". Oh also I can't disable it because their website has technical issues. Avoid at all cost, I just moved everything away from those scammers.

Other Digital Services