GoDaddy

GoDaddy (page 7 of 7)

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

Alejandro
AlejandroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service

I received a call from Godaddy saying that I needed to change hostings within their company because the old version was going to e deleted, which then I agreed to pay for the new hosting and requested for the old one to be removed, nevertheless, they never removed the old hosting and instead charged as their product is setup to have auto renewals. In addition, I was charged for an autorenewal for an email product that was given me for free and I was never informed about that product.

Be very aware of what they really sell you.

Peter B
Peter BSydney, NSW

Happy

I used Go Daddy for domain registration and email hosting because they were cheap. I had a great experience with godaddy . They refunded a fee with no hastles at all

ALJ
ALJGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BUYER BEWARE - Go Daddy will not help your small business

Gee
GeeSydney, NSW

Crap company don't use it

Just purchase an SSL certificate and my website is not hosted with go daddy they cannot help me install it and it has been over 30 days so they won't refund BUT when I purchase it DID NOT said anything about that! Very poor consumer service.

paul
paulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

did not refund 3 years of hosting after 2 months unsuccessful use

Sold me a hosting package that was incompatible with the platform i was using, then locked me out of cpanel, for two months rendering it useless, had to move to another provider costing thousands due to being locked out, finally got moved over then then godaddy said they would not refund me any of the money I paid for hosting I can not use.

coco
cocoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

worst customer service ever (managed Word Press Hosting)

Harry J.
Harry J.Sydney, NSW

WOW - didn't think this could happen

Wow - didn't think this could happen, paid for everything spent a heap of time getting my domain, building my website, paying for additional emails, setting them up THEN get an automated response saying to prove my credit card is mine. Uploaded my license which has my abbreviated name i.e. Chris vs Christos. They cancelled my site Did not respond to my emails only via automated agents. Lost my domain, lost my email, lost my images, lost all my work and not even a hint of support.

Derek
DerekTasmania

Beware of Godaddy! Easy to start - impossible to stop their charges.

Annette Green
Annette GreenREDLAND BAY

Dreadful Service - Deceitful Conduct

I rang up to renew my domain name and it was canceled by the Consultant.

Then I was sold an SSL Certificate and NOT TOLD at time of purchase that I needed to get a Web Developer to code it onto my website. Therefore, I have paid for something that has been of ABSOLUTELY NO USE to me!

The Consultants are paid an incentive to sell you additional products and services. They induce you to buy products, without giving you all of the information you need in order to gain benefit from what you have purchased.

In other words my experience has been that they apply deceptive conduct to induce the purchase of products/services.

Pitpat
PitpatHobart, TAS

The reason this didn't get 1 star is because they are okay for domains

A customer
A customerNew South Wales

The worst registrar I have ever been with

Obscure interface with hidden billing path. Hard to find how to cancel a product.
When you find it, you may get one of these meaningless messages
"Don't worry, we won't take it personal:This product cannot be canceled at this time. Please contact our customer service team for more information."
So you have to call them to sort out the issue when it should take a single click. I am closing my account once and for all.

Sandya
SandyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Australians, Beware of this devious company!

DOMAIN SCAM
DOMAIN SCAM

Domain SCAM

I registered a business name with Australia Government which I took photo of time and that the fact that the domain.com was available. I then visited your website and typed it in to buy it for .99 cents only to be forced to call you to be advised it was just bought five minutes ago!! Instead of 99 cents it would be $112 but because it was listed for sale go daddy are sure they could secure it for me. outraged. scam. asked for management - tried again had when called back and have been blocked. no where to send complaints on your website. this is an outrage

RIz
RIzSydney, NSW

Go Daddy Is not an ethical business

Hi we are a corporate client with over ten established websites
Go Daddy took our money to back up our sites, but failed to make the back ups
Subsequently 2 of our sites went down and the back ups could not be reinstated for obvious reasons.

I discovered they have no local Australian Premises and operate our of Arizona.

GoDaddy admitted liability to me and offered me free hosting for three years as compensation but the sites will cost us about $8000 to recreate

Despite having a team of developers (they did not offer to rebuild the sites at their cost

Beware of this organisation as in my view it has no ethics and does not act honourably when confronted with an error on its part

JamesG
JamesGMelbourne

What happened? Customer service is POOR.

What happened to GoDaddy? Customer service was excellent. Now it’s extremely poor. GoDaddy demanded a copy of a government issued ID to “verify credit card details” but not one of their policies stipulates how that information would be safeguarded, and how they would anonymise any information post verification. Two emails written in simple English were dismissed by the “customer service” representative. A request for a senior customer service manager to contact me was ignored. A formal complaint was lodged with the Bureau of Consumer Protection. Once my current hosting expires, I’m taking my business elsewhere.

Tiptoes
TiptoesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Block you into recurring renewals

They provide poor service. Can't contact them, over 30 minutes on hold. Gave up. No matter how many times I cancelled the auto renewal payment, they keep stealing my money. It took way too much pain to cancel their service for it to not be intentional. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

AussieSteve
AussieStevebrisbane

They are frauds

I made a typo while trying to visit facebook and ended up on a Fake Virus page that said I have a virus and need to call a number to get it fixed. I did a whois search and found that was a godadddy domain. I reported this to godaddy and they still haven't removed it (it's been 3 days since I reported it). As I was visiting a page that they have control over I feel that I'm a customer and have written this review of their service (or lack of).

Honest Oz traveller