GoDaddy

GoDaddy

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

Jodi
JodiSydney, NSW

bad hosting - do not use

our site has been done for 5 days. They said it would be up by the end of each day - but its still down after 5 days. No one has called to say whats going on after i asked them to call to give me an update. The most terrible service and so expensive for hosting. And sites slow. Avoid at all costs!

John Anderson
John AndersonSydney, NSW

AVOID at all costs. Else you will charged all costs!

Georgito
GeorgitoMelbourne

Too difficult to cancel

I’m an educated , English 1st language , tech savvy guy. I have never seen such a difficult process to unsubscribe/ cancel. Unethical , don’t use !!!!! And definitely do not use direct debit

B.R.
B.R.Sydney, NSW

Buyer beware

Over a year ago I purchased a domain name for my website. I allowed the domain name to expire in May 2021 because I had closed my website. Now I am now trying to renew the domain registration with a different company, however, GoDaddy is holding my domain name "hostage". To make matters worse, I am unable to access my old GoDaddy account to renew my domain name registration. I have had to apply for access to my old account and now have to wait for three days to get a reply. GoDaddy was recommended to me, but when I eventually get my domain name back, I will never do business with them again.

Craig W
Craig WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrific.

Victor
VictorSydney, NSW

Terrible Domain Broker Service.

Paid for the service but they didn't reply my email and closed my service. When I called the support, they said that I was no longer eligible to receive refund.

igdent
igdentGippsland, VIC

GoDaddy sells your details.

Melb user
Melb userGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Forced change to O365 and now can't even do simple email alias with my domain

Although I have an active product 'Account forwarding with my domain' it's become useless because they forcibly migrated everyone to O365. I might be able to link my domain to a website but I only bought the domain name for my email address, and now that's just been withdrawn with no warning and no option. I believe there actions go against Australian consumer law and I will be lodging a formal complaint with the ACCC.

Gary Y.
Gary Y.

Extremely bad customer service, Ripp off. They will slow your website down. If you care about your website go elsewhere.

Goddady is hopeless and Ripp off. Bad customer service. They don't care about you or your website. Go elsewhere like siteground. You will see imdiate improvement and speed as well.

Scammers

BRich
BRichWestern Australia

Terrible Customer Service

Deniz
DenizSydney, NSW

Stay Away form them

I have paid $180 for a domain brokerage service and after 1 months, I have been advised that the broker could not contact the owner of the domain and there goes my $180. I have no proof that the broker really engaged or contacted the owner. I even don't have proof if they really had some sort of contact details.
Just a rip off

Alex Barton
Alex BartonPerth, WA

Total rip off.

Never was I told that a $200+ annual fee for my website was going to be deduced from my account, when the website wasn't in use. And now if I cancel the annual fee the website page will be deleted within one month and I will have to start all over again with more fees to redo the website, and again pay the annual fee to activate it.

Rob A.
Rob A.Perth, WA

Crooks, refuse to honour refund request when things don't work out.

Godaddy have refused to honour a genuine refund request and will present different excuses at every stage of the process. Conceited, arrogant and utterly non approachable ... Avoid!
John, who claims to be the highest level of authority in regards to GoDaddy refund policy ... you have no idea and understand less about what your customers need and expect. Maybe you just don't care.

Niomi
NiomiBrisbane

Terrible!! DO NOT USE

We have a domain registered with go daddy and are in the process of trying to move it to siteground.
It came to our attention that in order to move over we needed to change registrar details - we paid the fee to have this done a month ago!!!

They rob you of money and then cut your services because you haven't renewed but don't actually do what they're supposed to do on their end.
This has been a waste of my time and been detrimental to our business.
I have spent more time on the phone to them than should be required and we've gotten no where.

They are hopeless and a waste of time.
BEWARE

MiniBooCreativeAgency J.
MiniBooCreativeAgency J.asked

Just wondering when Go Daddy will respond to their paying customers? They seem to spend an awful amount of time and money marketing their services to new customers yet fail to help their existing?

Lee D.
Lee D.asked

Hi, I was told that you can only make payment to them thru credit/debit cards .....is this true?

Ian L.asked

I've been with GoDaddy for years with 6 domains one of the domains someone added themselves as a user and blocked me as user so I couldn't get into the back-end and fix it. Then all my domains went down. I contacted GoDaddy and asked what was happening they said that there was a infringement of a trademark and that my domains where suspended and that I would have to email their department and take down the pages with the infringement. I told them that I can't get into the domain because someone had blocked me out. The support worker said that they couldn't help me because only the infringement department could but I can only email them no one can get in contact with them only by email. I have lost Thousands of dollars in business is there any way of getting compensation because now they have given me until today to fix the infringement or they will delete my domains and all my work building my web pages and cost will be gone forever and my business will be too.

Ian L.

why will you not write my review, I've not used anything you can't use but your poor service

Get an answer from our members and GoDaddy representatives