GoDaddy

GoDaddy

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

1.2
  • Rates and Fees

Charbel T.
Charbel T.Sydney, NSW

Nightmares!

If you want to get your website up and running quickly, AVOID Godaddy like the plague! The packages they offer are too expensive compared to other, better companies. Their service is terribly slow, and their security measures make u feel like you are dealing with state secrets. They need a client number, and then a pin and then god knows what. And they refuse to answer the simplest questions without that bloody pin.
I hate that product review forces us to give one star, because they don't deserve even that.

Tara
Tara

Terrible service!!!

Undenounced to me, GoDaddy set up several accounts for each of my domains which I could no log into and kept charging me auto renewals every year that I couldnt access!? Will never use again!

Dan
Dan

Bad customer service. Clunky Product. Extremely Poor Support. Read all the REVIEWS!!!!

Quite possibly the worse customer service and support I have ever received from a tech company. The product is slow & clunky. The customer service people I have dealt with have been rude, obnoxious and very unhelpful. Quoting higher prices than my invoice and cannot justify why. I have to authenticate my email every time with a one time passcode which (NEVER ARRIVES), I cannot access my account to transfer away from this provider. No one helps when you need them & their complaints team is also unresponsive. Escalated with an external complaints service just to get action. Make sure you read the reviews

Scott L.
Scott L.

Stay away

Don’t give this business your time or money. Read the other reviews. This business has a poor record which includes censorship opportunism at the expense of costumers and outright theft.

Poor products, bad support

I originally set up my site with GoDaddy managed word press. During my time with them I have had many issues such as auto-updates (meant to make things easy) causing crashes, security breaches requiring changes in passwords, password changing processes taking several hours as the site had errors, bad customer service with lots of time wasted being passed from one dpeartmnet to another and then back.

Would not recommend at all.

Rates and Fees

WARNING: Avoid like the plague.

Web design is second rate. 6 weeks on a basic website and still did not load on all browsers. I wish I had of looked at these reviews before handing my $$$ over. Fees are also expensive compared to other providers.

RIP OFF STAY AWAY

I paid $400 plus for a year and when i wanted to down grade it to a cheaper plan i was unable to shame on you go daddy sad business NOT RECONMENDED

Pat
PatGippsland, VIC

Poor form no support

Email from Microsoft advice was that go daddy had control of my domain name I I contacted them which was a lengthy process on hold for a long time to be told that they had an association with Wild West Which held control of it. They have been uncontactable Microsoft ,go daddy ,Wild West make it hard to do business poor form

Damien E.
Damien E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible value - slow, overpriced, lacking features

We are a digital marketing company and unfortunately we occasionally work with a client whose site or domain is held with GoDaddy. Not only are all their products extremely overpriced (up to 10X as much as some of their local competitors), but their customer support is not great, AND their interface is very slow.

As I write this I am waiting for an infinite loading screen while upgrading one of our client's hosting accounts to a $40/mo plan, just so they can remove the insecure warning when someone visits their website. This is even though they already purchased "security essentials". Other hosting providers include this stuff and way more features in their $5/mo hosting plans, and the interface is much faster and easier to use as well.

Horrible Company- No Reliable

I have been a Godaddy's customer for many years. I pay them for hosting, backups, and many more products. I host my clients' websites and emails with Godaddy.
A week ago I reached out to Goddady support to troubleshoot a webmail issue and while they fixed the issue they deleted my client's emails contacts by mistake. I called them back to report the contact issue, and since then they have not been able to recover the email contacts of my client. Godaddy's negligence has cost me to lose a client. Godaddy just said they can't recover the data they deleted. This is ridiculous, they just dont care about a client because they have so many. Godaddy, I need that fix what you broke and take responsibility!!

Worst ever service.

Worst ever service ever used. They do not even deserve that one star. Probably one of the most disgusting hosting companies out there. Not ethical at all. Here are a few other words to meet the 30-word requirement in order to leave a review when one word is all that is needed. 'Shameful'.

Kamila
KamilaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The worse

Find out how GoDaddy compares to other Digital Services

Worst support, waste of money

Probably one of the most disgusting hosting companies out there. Always prompt on picking up the calls when selling but do not count on the support.
Have been online with them for 3 days, no one picks up after almost 1.5 hours of waiting and the call disconnects too.

Shame on you

Im changing to a different provider right today

Reynard M.
Reynard M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

monetizing privacy. Shameful

You have to pay to prevent people from accessing your contact details. Not ethical at all. Here are a few other words to meet the 30 word requirement in order to leave a review when one word is all that is needed. 'Shameful'.

Matthew
MatthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Domain Transfer blackmail

I transferred my domain away from go-daddy 3 days before it was due to expire. To discover they have 7-10 day domain transfer policy. I made an enquiry after 10 days and they told me I would have to pay the 1 year renewal in order for them to help me resolve the domain transfer problem !? basically blackmail.

MiniBooCreativeAgency J.
MiniBooCreativeAgency J.asked

Just wondering when Go Daddy will respond to their paying customers? They seem to spend an awful amount of time and money marketing their services to new customers yet fail to help their existing?

Lee D.
Lee D.asked

Hi, I was told that you can only make payment to them thru credit/debit cards .....is this true?

Ian L.asked

I've been with GoDaddy for years with 6 domains one of the domains someone added themselves as a user and blocked me as user so I couldn't get into the back-end and fix it. Then all my domains went down. I contacted GoDaddy and asked what was happening they said that there was a infringement of a trademark and that my domains where suspended and that I would have to email their department and take down the pages with the infringement. I told them that I can't get into the domain because someone had blocked me out. The support worker said that they couldn't help me because only the infringement department could but I can only email them no one can get in contact with them only by email. I have lost Thousands of dollars in business is there any way of getting compensation because now they have given me until today to fix the infringement or they will delete my domains and all my work building my web pages and cost will be gone forever and my business will be too.

Ian L.

why will you not write my review, I've not used anything you can't use but your poor service

Get an answer from our members and GoDaddy representatives

Other Digital Services