GoDaddy

GoDaddy (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Digital Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by GoDaddy

Terrible Customer Service

Deniz
DenizSydney, NSW

Stay Away form them

I have paid $180 for a domain brokerage service and after 1 months, I have been advised that the broker could not contact the owner of the domain and there goes my $180. I have no proof that the broker really engaged or contacted the owner. I even don't have proof if they really had some sort of contact details.
Just a rip off

Alex Barton
Alex BartonPerth, WA

Total rip off.

Never was I told that a $200+ annual fee for my website was going to be deduced from my account, when the website wasn't in use. And now if I cancel the annual fee the website page will be deleted within one month and I will have to start all over again with more fees to redo the website, and again pay the annual fee to activate it.

Rob A.
Rob A.Perth, WA

Crooks, refuse to honour refund request when things don't work out.

Godaddy have refused to honour a genuine refund request and will present different excuses at every stage of the process. Conceited, arrogant and utterly non approachable ... Avoid!
John, who claims to be the highest level of authority in regards to GoDaddy refund policy ... you have no idea and understand less about what your customers need and expect. Maybe you just don't care.

Niomi
NiomiBrisbane

Terrible!! DO NOT USE

We have a domain registered with go daddy and are in the process of trying to move it to siteground.
It came to our attention that in order to move over we needed to change registrar details - we paid the fee to have this done a month ago!!!

They rob you of money and then cut your services because you haven't renewed but don't actually do what they're supposed to do on their end.
This has been a waste of my time and been detrimental to our business.
I have spent more time on the phone to them than should be required and we've gotten no where.

They are hopeless and a waste of time.
BEWARE

Cumbersome

Difficult to edit, slow and cumbersome, features lacking, lack of support by email only online chat where wait times are long. Been with then for over a year but not happy looking elsewhere now.

Tyson
TysonSydney, NSW

GoDaddy is Anti-Consumer

Matt W.
Matt W.South East Queensland, QLD

Just dishonest and incompetent

If you enjoy the frustration of trying to explain your concerns with a Philipino. Go for it.. They also blatantly lied about having free access to Microsoft office, whilst hosting a domain name and providing a professional email

Ally
AllySydney Surrounds, NSW

The WORST. Will continue to charge long after cancelling!

WORST CROOKS ON THE MARKET

Stay away from GoDaddy. Have had nothing but headaches and problems. They shut my website down without notifications. Closed my email down and debited $570 AUS for something I’ve never used. I had to go to consumer affairs in order to get my money back. They wouldn’t help through covid and kept charging maximum price, when the business was not operational during lockdowns. Never ever go with this company. Worst experience.

Terrible customer service, quick to sell more

I have been wanting to migrate my website for 2 months now, and they dont have any customer centre for Australia. I would not recommend it for anyone in Aus.

Call centres will pick up the phone quick, but put you back on hold for hours.

Sab
Sab

Godaddy scammed me

Godaddy views your search history and takes the domain you have recently searched for, making it unavailable. They then ask you for over $160 to get the domain for you when in actual fact they own the domain themselves. Disgusting company, don’t know how they haven’t gotten caught yet

on hold for over an hour

Rang initially phone call answered in about 3 minutes but the person just hung up on me then i called back promptly was on hold for over an hour. we were trying to point our new domain to our server but they wouldn't allow new records to be changed. My Web guy finally figured it all out without their assistance

SaaS provider
SaaS providerPerth, WA

If your payment fails over a long weekend, consider your domain parked.... Not angry, just disappointed.

Rates and Fees

Worst staff and company to deal

Worst staff, bullied me when I was in reason, dont buy anything from this company, now I need to find another hosting sites, they didnt send me chat conversation, why ? Because they knew I will take it further. Go somewhere else youve been ---w a r n e d---

Arash J.
Arash J.Sydney, NSW

Don’t, just don’t

Save yourself a headache and take your money somewhere else, doesn’t matter what product and what service, I’ve tried it all and regret every single dollar that was spent there.

KL1
KL1Sydney, NSW

DO NO USE THEM - complete rip off business

Cheap website fees that are set to autorenew at extortionate rates in the fine print. Even if you don’t select auto renew, they set it up so it auto renews any way and it’s in the fine print of the terms and conditions. If you don’t cancel within 24 hours, you have paid it and they won’t refund. DISGUSTING

Sand
SandSydney, NSW

Harassing calls to buy products

I received a sales call from Go Daddy to purchase a product I’d cancelled years ago. When I told the sales rep I wasn’t interested he became rude, critical and manipulative. There was also no way to lodge a complaint. One reason I changed web providers was the lack of customer service and long wait on the phone to get technical support

John S.
John S.Sydney, NSW

Shysters just want to fleece you

I tried to cance auto renewal a number of times and finally succeeded - only to find that minutes later they charged me for something that was not in our agreement. Now I will have to follow up with them to refund the money. Don't give them your credit card details!

Seanc
SeancSydney, NSW

poor service

I recommend them to my mate to arrange and build a website
He has had support issues since it's been up.
1/ They are not based in Australia, so good luck getting support
2/ When you try and get support, they don't fix what you have requested the issue was
3/ They try and blame everyone else, in consideration, They built the site.
I would be very careful in using or recommending them !!!!!!!!!!
The person i recommended is now dumping them and moving his site away from them

They will take double amount of your money on auto renew

They will take double amount of your money on auto renew and by the time you see the charge on your credit card its to late...NO REFUND policy.

Keep away.. they have taken double amount of my money 3 different packages and if you check current packages its half the price. I have called twice and they go through the process and then they hang up.
I have never come across this before its a joke

How are they allowed to operate ?

Basem A.
Basem A.Sydney, NSW

Unethical Service

Used godaddy to search for my domain's availability and it was available. Come back in a week's time to see the domain was taken and they're trying to charge me $3K+ for it. One of the most unethical services I have encountered.

Brad
BradRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Expensive and poor service

Do not get the brokerage service, you will incur further commision rates of 20 percent and unless your budget is massive you'll be ignored and the initial fee taken. There are far better options for negotiating a domain purchase

GregW
GregW South East Queensland, QLD

Stay far far far away from this Company

Other Digital Services