2GoGet

GoGet Questions & Answers

Verifiedgoget.com.au
Simon

If the driver involves in an accident that is not at fault, does he still need to pay the a few thousands dollar liabilities (standard)?

GoGet   DM

Hi @Simon, We always recommend getting in touch with our damage team by emailing them at damage@goget.com.au if you have been involved in an accident and require assistance.

Simon

Just a simple question that any payment if not at fault. Template reply shows your professionalism.

GoGet   DM

Hi @Simon, Unfortunately there is no simple answer. The only team that can answer your question is our damage team as they would need to look at your account first.

philex w.

Can i use goget for nsw driving test?

GoGet   DM

Hi @philex w, Unfortunately you are not able to use a GoGet vehicle for a driving test (to progress from a learners licence to a provisional licence). A fully licenced GoGet member needs to be in the vehicle with you at all times and during a driving test, only the instructor issuing the test is allowed to be in the vehicle with you.

philex w.

Currently I am holding temporary overseas license to convert to full license NSW. I am not a learner/provisional driver. In this case, am
I still able to use goget for test?

Mark W
Mark W

Hi Phil, did you end up using a goget for the test?

GoGet   DM

Hi @Mark W, Unfortunately we don't allow you to use a GoGet for a driving test regardless of the type of licence you currently hold.

Smartcard activation code

GoGet   DM

Hi @GGG, We're not sure what your question means. If you need help, please reach out to our customer service team via online chat through our website or the GoGet app.

Safe Travels

Smart card code

Aaron Z.
Aaron Z.

is it free to cancel a van booking in advance?

GoGet   DM

Hi @Aaron Z, Yes of course. You can cancel any booking right up until it starts. Once a booking has started, you can only extend it.

Vijay

I recently signed on to the goget platform but am unable to find the app on the android play store. The app there says - not valid in your country.
Is there an app valid in Australia and why this confusion? Thanks

GoGet   DM

Hi @Vijay, Can you please send an email to appfeedback@goget.com.au with a screenshot of the message you are receiving so that our development team can investigate?

Done

ELIZABETH A.
ELIZABETH A.

Should we drop off the car at the same place where we’ve taken or wherever we want?

GoGet   DM

Hi @ELIZABETH A, Unfortunately, we don't support one-way trips. All of our vehicles need to be brought back to the "pod" (home parking space) that you picked the car up from.
You can check the "pod" details of any car by clicking on the car's name while on our website, or by tapping its pod location on the app.

vishu r.
vishu r.

how to become a cleaning contractor for goget?

Craig
Craig

You can't , they don't clean their cars . Hence the bad reviews about the state of the filthy vehicles .

GoGet   DM

Hi! Our current job vacancies are always advertised through SEEK and on our website. Keep an eye out if you are looking to work with us!

Our cars are looked after on a regular basis by a team of remote cleaners, but as we are a member-sharing service we do rely on our members reporting if they find that a vehicle has been left in an unsuitable condition. If you ever head out to one of your bookings and find a vehicle in an unacceptable condition, please get in touch with us so that we can organise to have the car specially cleaned. If you don't let us know, we won't know that there is an issue with the cleanliness of a vehicle!

Thanks for stopping by,

Ahmad
Ahmad

why so many bad review about GoGet as i trying to be a new member!! now it made me to think before i join GoGet.

GoGet   DM

Hi @Ahmad, I'm sorry we haven't gotten to this one sooner! The majority of our members are very happy with the service we offer but I'd say like with anything, people are far more likely to weigh in here when something went wrong using a car share service like ours. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to drop us a line at hello@goget.com.au and one of our team will get back to you.

Thanks for stopping by,

Kay
Kay

Can I use a go get to drive our newborn from hospital?

GoGet   DM

Hi @Kay, Thanks for asking and of course! I'm very sorry we didn't get back to you on this earlier but please reach out if any other questions come up.

Stay safe and have a great new year :)

Mardib

Can you use Goget like a hire car - for a week?

GoGet   DM

Hi @Mardib, So sorry we haven't replied to this sooner but absolutely! You can book our cars by the hour or by the day. Please let us know if you have any other questions for me or give our Member Services team a quick call on 1300 769 389 :)

Thanks,

Mardib

Can I pick up from Launceston next Friday and drop off at Hobart the following Saturday?

Gou G.
Gou G.

How do I know whether my smart card has been posted?

Lei
Lei

Does your senior plan include age 60 or start at age 61?

GoGet   DM

Hi Lei, Sorry for our late response. It includes age 60, so 60s and over.

Hope this helps!

Tasha
Tasha

Hi, is there any cars available in Macquarie park NSW? Thank you

GoGet   DM

Hi Tasha, We do have cars at Macquarie park if your a member just login to book or call us on 1300 769 389 and we would be happy to find a car for you

Thanks, Andrew

nickST

There is a couple pods within 2 minutes walk from the train station.

Mike L
Mike L

Please tell me about Seniors plan.

GoGet   DM

Hi Mike, Our GoSenior plan has no joining fees or ongoing membership fees, so you only pay for your usage, which starts at $6.50 per hour + $0.40 per km, or $76 a day with 150kms included free. It's got some of our lowest rates and is definitely the best deal if you're over 60. You can also have up to three drivers on the account, so can add your partner and a friend!

Here is a link to the sign-up page with a bit more information, including the rates for all the different cars in the fleet: external link

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to shoot us an email at hello@goget.com.au and our Member Services team will help you out.

All the best,

Jonny

Forgot to ask this on my previous post!
How people usually deal with rubbish while driving?
Plastic bag?
Cheers

GoGet   DM

Hi Jonny, Thanks for getting back in touch.

When members use a vehicle, they are responsible for taking care of their own rubbish, just as if you were borrowing the car from a friend. Having some plastic bags in the glove box for rubbish would actually be pretty handy, and I've passed this suggestion on to our fleet team, but at this point it is just the responsibility our members to do the considerate thing by each other and clean up after themselves at the end of their booking.

If you ever find that the previous member has not done this, please get in touch via the app or by calling 1300 769 389, so that we can contact the previous user with a quick reminder of our car sharing etiquette.

Thanks again,

Hi Jonny

I simply choose food and products that do not produce rubbish - fruit and veg in a reusable lunch box, reusable water bottles, etc.

ST

Hi there,
Does any GoGet car have a portable GPS? or just built-ins?

GoGet   DM

Hi Johnny, Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we don't have portable GPS systems in the cars, but most do have a GPS system built in. You can also always connect your phone via Bluetooth and use the maps system that way.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, or wish to enquire about a specific vehicle, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 1300 769 389.

Thanks,

nickST

When making a booking, tick 'Navigation system' in the list of features. Then the map will update to show only the cars which have built in gps navigators.

For portable gps, use a phone holder and your smart phone? Or buy a car navigator at gumtree.

Benedict M.
Benedict M.

Hi there a few cars I have hired recently do not have the spare wheel I think ppl are stealing them...

Gino
Gino

Good point, i make a habit of checking

GoGet   DM

Hi Benedict, thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about this issue! This is something that has the potential to be extremely inconvenient, let alone dangerous. If you ever notice that a car you've booked is missing the spare tyre, please give us a call on 1300 769 389 and we can get it fixed up, as well as contact the previous users of the vehicle to avoid this happening in future.

Please get in touch on 1300 769 389 to discuss this further, avoiding situations like this is obviously a big priority for us.

Thanks again,

Donna Lai
Donna Lai

Just wondering whether we can hire your car and return it the next day at the Sydney International Airport, and the same way, we can pick up your car from the International Airport and return it back to your depot? Please let me know if it is workable and how long I have to book in advance. Thank you very much and waiting for your reply.

GoGet   DM

Hi Donna, Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

GoGet bookings are always return trips back to the original pod that you picked it up from. You'll need to book the vehicle out for the whole time that the car is away from the pod, so that other members know that it's not available to collect.

You can book any time in the future, provided that there is availability of the vehicles at the pod you'd like to collect the car from.

Regards,

Neil Michael

Member Experience Manager

Gracia G
Gracia G

I dont understand why goget charge for booking the car fee for xhours n charge again for another booking charge fee in the bill? Isnt thats mean i pay two times?

Paul Bours
Paul Bours

I think they charge a base $ fee per hour, and then so much per kilometre and toll fees if you use them. Igot charged $11 per hour for a ute and 40 cents a K.

GoGet   DM

Hi Garcia, thanks for getting in touch. Our booking system will charge you the estimated cost of what we can work out when you make your booking (or any extensions). This will then appear on your monthly statement as a payment to show you've already paid for this portion. Your monthly statement will then include everything else that we couldn't work out at the point of booking, such as Km's travelled or any tolls used.

ELYSE

I'm actually thinking of getting a membership as sometimes i just need a car for a couple hours. But based on reviews i feel like there are a lot of complaints and not so happy customer! So, how do you know who damaged the car? And what if i book a car and the car is not there? Can you borrowed innone place and return it to another place? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Customer_review
Customer_review

Hi Elyse, I was ex-customer of Go-get. They cheated me really bad. My strong recommendation would be to NEVER EVER use GoGet. They are unethical company and unethical and cheat employees lead their teams. Anyone else, reading and considering to join GoGet, my advise to them never join them. They will blame you of anything and charge you excessive amount of money. Their damage team acts like goons and charge you money. Person named Lam (damage team), he bullied me and cheated me. Be careful guys, they will scam you sooner or later... Good Luck

ELYSE

Thank you for taking time to reply. I really appreciated it. To be honnest, we didn t bothered looking forward with goget as our questions were left totally unanswered. As a potential customer, i always look for good and negative reviews as it gives me an idea of what to expect. We finally found another company that offered the same service with competitive prices and only good reviews.

I hope you can fixed your issues with goget really soon as i know myself how frustrating it could be to not have the service expected.

Sameera
Sameera

Hello Elyse . Which is the other company you opted? Please help. I am looking for similar service

ELYSE

Hi Sameera, i don t know if i m allowed to comment with the name of the other company. But basically, i just opt for my neighbours s car through a really well conceived website and that work like go get but with a better customer service i guess ( they never answered my questions when the other company come back to me in less tnan 24h).

Get an answer from our members and GoGet representatives