Goodlife Health Clubs

Goodlife Health Clubs Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

QLD, VIC, SA, WA

26 questions from our users

DJ

DJasked

I cancelled my gym membership during the "breathing period" or whatever you guys call it. I've sent numerous emails and run my local goodlife only to be told Head Office is dealing with it and i should have been returned the money that was taken from my account throughout that period. 3 Weeks later, my emails are now not being returned. I will be taking this up with Head Office as this company is not living up to your responsibilities or my rights what a joke for a business relationship...Please explain why its ok for Business such as yourself to automatically go to a debt collecter yet customers who you clearly get your money from are just ignored and stuffed around and are expected to just deal with it?

EDM
EDM

You have probably solved this issue now but I am answering for anyone that may have had a similar experience to you. All Breathing Space Cancellations must be submitted in writing. Breathing Space is usually 7 days from the time you joined. Most Membership Consultants will ignore your request and encourage you not to cancel as they miss out on commission for the sale if you cancel within breathing space. If you did indeed submit in writing then, KEEP YOUR EMAIL OR DOCUMENTATION as you can present this as proof when they refuse to cancel and try to lock you into a contract. Any fees that are deducted before or after your breathing space cancellation HAVE to be refunded back to you. Warning: The refund process takes an EXTREMELY long time.

caraminta
caraminta

Hi EDM,
How long exactly does this refund process usually take?

Active Ager

Active Agerasked

I am considering joining Goodlife as there is one close to home (in Adelaide), but am rather hesitant after reading all these bad reviews about the difficulty of cancelling direct debits and money being taken out without authority. Taking into account all this negative feedback, are Goodlife looking at other payment options rather than direct debit, to give more control to members?

Peter Lausch
Peter Lausch

You can pay upfront if you want. Better dealing power for you and once membership runs out no problems with direct debit companies. Upfront payments also make membership costs way cheaper. I got 13 months all club membership for $750 last year. Goodlife does reward loyalty too after 2 or 3 years with them.

Goodlife Health ClubsGoodlife Health Clubs

Hi Active Ager -Peter is correct! We do have upfront paid in full options. Please don't let the direct debit issues listed on here deter you. We have over 200,000 members who have really positive experiences with our gyms. If you need any further information, you can contact us on social@goodlifehealthclubs.com.au and we'll help in any way we can!

Sammie

I suggest you be VERY CAREFUL before joining this gym and check out alternative gyms in your area first. There may be hundreds of complaints on here but as we all know this represents only 5-10% of the actual numbers of unhappy customers.

amare44

amare44asked

Is there any spa?

Goodlife Health ClubsGoodlife Health Clubs

Hi amare44@gmail.com! Thanks for your question. We do have spas in some of our club and we have provided a list of these clubs below:
Armadale, Victoria
Joondalup, Western Australia

Hope this helps!

runnerbunny
runnerbunny

The pool has a round thing, I didn't look very close but looked like a spa? Ring and check!

Kerryn

Kerrynasked

where do you stand if you signed a contract with Fenix? As in, with Goodlife taking Fenix over, does that make the contracts with Fenix null and void?

Goodlife Health ClubsGoodlife Health Clubs

Hi Kerryn, depending on whether or not you have renewed a contract with us, your standard Fenix T&Cs will apply. For more information please speak with club staff, or see this link: http://www.goodlifehealthclubs.com.au/Welcome-to-goodlife/My-Membership.aspx

Joy Evans

Joy Evansasked

What is an email address for head office and I need an email for 12 week challenge organisers?

Goodlife Health ClubsGoodlife Health Clubs

Hi Joy, please email us at social@goodlifehealthclubs.com.au with your question and the club you are a member of and we'll pass it on to the appropriate person. Thanks.

Debra Nepson

Debra Nepsonasked

Why do you not let your members have access to a head office phone number if they can not get a satisfactory result from the club they belong to Seems a little dodgey dont you think?

Goodlife Health ClubsGoodlife Health Clubs

Hi Debra, thanks for your question. Each of our clubs is run by a manager based at the club, so your local club is usually the best & fastest way to get information. If you would like to escalate an issue you have, please don't hesitate to email social@goodlifehealthclubs.com.au & we'll direct your enquiry for you.

Regards,
the Goodlife team.

Natalie
Natalie

I had the same thing Debra. I asked to speak to a manager who could actually be accountable for the way that their staff treated me (had me humiliated and in tears) and the Dernacourt store manager played a large role in it, only to have them tell me that I should "go look on the internet" and that they "didn't have the time to give me numbers". NO accountability. Shame on you Goodlife.

Sammie

The customer service staff member at Karingal branch is terrible. Goodlife seriously need to invest some money in properly trained polite staff. This particular staff member had no tools at all to handle our legitimate complaint, they should at least then be trained to pass it on to a more senior member who can. Terrible, we cancelled both our memberships at Karingal due to such issues.

Get an answer from our members and Goodlife Health Clubs representatives