2Goodyear Assurance ArmorGrip

45%18%36%

Tom
Tom

Confidence in wet conditions

I installed 2 assurance amorgrip on a falcon wagon and liked them so much I installed 2 more. After 40,000 km there was still plenty of tread left when I sold the car recently. Tyres had excellent grip and I was specially glad to have them in wet conditions.

asgard
asgard

Dangerous

I bought a set of these 235/45/R17 just over 2 years ago. Yesterday when getting an alignment at Jax the tech told me they were dangerous and he showed me why. All 4 tyres have a crack around both sidewalls where the tread is starting to com off. One of them is near 1 mm deep.They have near 50% wear left in them. Avoid.
Great Grip especially in the wet.
Faulty manufacturing
Lachlan
LachlanSydney5 posts

Great

Replaced the original Yokohama Advan tyres on my Lancer with Goodyear Amorgrip's and instantly noticed a much quieter and more grippy ride. Was sold on these tyres by Choice magazne and the guy at the tyre store. Not that expensive (when compared to other mid level tyres). The worse thing is they do have a slight 'floaty' feeling that others have mentioned but certainly don't feel unsafe or grip less!
Great grip, Quieter than the Yokohama Advan tyres
Max2000
Max2000AU

Average tyres

I replaced Michelin Primacy tyres with Goodyear Assurance for my Audi A4. The handling is good but the tyres are a bit noisier than the tyres it replaced and also seem to be stiffer, resulting in a less comfortable ride. Hope this is helpful.
Good handling in wet and dry
A bit noisy, bumpy ride
W Keegan
W KeeganMeadowbrook

dooley
dooley
Chakri
ChakriAU

Fantastic

I bought assurance armagrip today for my 2005 falcon and travelled 200 km and found them to be fantastic . No noise , car was running so smooth I could feel the difference as soon as I came out of workshop. I strongly recommend them for any car worth paying little extra .

JHandley
JHandleyAU2 posts

tireman
tiremanAU

Bad

I should have bought bridgestone or michelin tires. I'm not satisfied with the performance, considering its price. I cannot recommend buying the goodyear assurance brand.
I just like the thread design.
However, I don't feel any difference in performance compared to other brands of the same value. The sipes where the waffle blade system are located just opened up permanently. I think they're suppose to open a bit while braking and then close again when stationary.
kev2948
kev2948

Bad

Biggest mistake in buying this tyre, very much noisier than my 30% tread Michelin tyre na doesnt provide the same kind of confidence when cornering as it gave a floaty kind of feeling.
none notice so far.
noisy, bumpy
bigfoot1310
bigfoot1310

Good

I don't understand the negative reviews, further at the time or writing there was the assurance program where you could exchange them for other goodyears of lower or equal value if you were unhappy.
Greatly improved the handling as well as steering wheel feedback on the tyre.
nothing really, except for they were more expensive then most.
woodsyno1
woodsyno13 posts

OK

only had tyres on for three months had no problems undecided weather would buy agian much better than toyos for grip but tyre side wall movement takes a little to get use to compared to toyos lets hope tyre life is good. tyres on corolla
good grip in wet & dry
when cornering has that floating feeling