2Goodyear Wrangler HP AW

40%20%40%

Stones
Stones

Great tyres - very functional

The goodyear wranglers hp all weather are just that. Great tyres! Factory fitted on my Nissan Navara. Done 81000 and with only a few nail punctures. They still have another couple of thousand k's of life. I drive fast and they have excellent roadholding in both the wet and dry on bitumen and on rough gravel roads. I will definately buy these again.

Show details ·  1

Michael C.North Queensland, QLD6 posts

No Problems Whatsoever

Factory fitted on my Nissan Navara 2014. Have been offroad and 4WD'ing quite a bit for my work in the bush and to Cape York. Never punctured, never a problem. Heading for 70,000km with these tyres and needs changing. Made in Germany. Seriously considering putting the same back on. I have nothing negative to offer for these tyres. I also don't understand the negative feedback.

Show details ·  1

Discotec
Discotec

Good performance - Poor longevity

Came as original with new Land Rover Discovery 4 2015. The tyres performed well in both wet and dry and were not noticeably noisy throughout life. Rotated frequently to distribute wear particularly from many small roundabouts in Albany WA, but only managed 50,000k and we drive like lounge music. I will replace with Michelin Latitude tour looking for more distance.

Geeman
Geeman

Fantastic tyres

70,000 k not a problem on my nissan navara, dont know what all the negative feedback is about...wheel aligned every 10,000 k..even wearing, zero complaints, great in the wet, not sure about off road but will definitely replace with the same model, why change a winning formula, dont change whats not broken

Absolutely Dangerous In Wet Weather

These tyres are the worst tyres I have ever experienced in wet weather. Extremely unsafe.

I won't be buying these again, in fact I have made an official complaint about how bad these tyres are.

I can't comment about durability but if you're dead because of a serious accident that's not going to be too important.

Perspective
PerspectiveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts

Good tyre no issues so far

Bought these for the wife's car. All good no issues and seemingly a good tire so far. Perhaps a little noisy compared to other highway tires but if you look at the block design there does seem to be a bit more space between them. So far had them on 1 year and lots of treat remaining. Good in the wet and responsive in the dry i would recommend them - even had them on the beach without any issues. Only real concern would be the price new but we went through tyresales and saved a good few dollars

Whitevaliant
WhitevaliantSydney, NSW43 posts

Noisy

I haven't had these long enough to comment on the wear, but I immediately noticeable was how much noise they generate. Frankly I regret buying them.

The other thing that gets me is that my one's were made in Thailand. I bought Goodyear thinking I was avoiding Asian tyres after a previous one exploded.

Stu
StuPerth, WA3 posts

Factory fitted on Freelander 2

I've had these tyres on my Freelander 2 since new, just clicked over 66K kilometres and will need to replace by 70K. I've been pretty happy with them, reasonable on road and off road performance, no trouble in the wet, even wear all round. My only real complaint is the road noise, not what I expect from a tyre in this price range. I'm looking at replacing with Michelin Latitude Tour HP, as the majority of driving is on road, gravel or sand.

Richard M.
Richard M.South-Eastern Region, NSW5 posts

Originals on my Disco4, worn out at 40,000km

Originals on 19" rims on my Disco4, worn out at 40,000km. Their low profile gave a hard ride. Replaced with 18" rims and Toyo Open Country H/T: an absolute revolution in ride and handling. At 60,00km they are good for another 10,000km.

AD
AD7 posts

255/55 R19 on a Land Rover Disco 4 (2013)

Just past 35,000km's and they are nearly ready to be replaced.

Found them to be quiet and good on the tarmac. OK on the beach sand here in WA but there are better options for sand - there is a fair bit of sideways movement I get compared to other tyre combinations. I've had one flat from a small builders nail that was unlucky but would have thought the tires would have stood up to it (perhaps it just got the tyre at the right angle).

I haven't noticed it being slippery in the wet, in fact I'd say they are good - although it rarely rains here.

I do a reasonable amount of towing (2.5t boat and a 1.0t trailer) and they have been very good for this.

Stevo
Stevo5 posts

70,000kms!

Factory tyre on my Nissan Navara. Constantly loaded at 2.5-3t and driven hard. Happy with tyre life. Have had plenty of punctures though (more than 10).

Sean
Sean

Poor longevity

Had these on a brand new Nissan Navara 4x4 and only managed 35,000km out of them. Also noticed a poor performance in the wet and after about 10,000km there was a noticeable reduction in traction on gravel.

Have just changed over to the Wrangler AT Adventure (US made) which comes with a 55,000km warranty for the size I require. Was able to get them cheaper than the HP AW as the supplier ordered them in bulk from the US.

Chalk and cheese.
Nothing
Bad wear and no warranty, price not validated by performance.

Mitch
Mitch

Keep away!

Have tried many brands of Tyres over the years on many SUVs. Just purchased a Forester with these on them with about 70% tread left. They are great on the dry highway, but these are Shocking in the wet. I cannot understand why others have commented on their effectiveness in the wet. Car moves around a lot, not confidence inspiring on the highway or a twisty road.Not impressed and will be taking them off at first opportunity.

Do not compromise with these Tyres on your car for your safety. From my experience, the Yokohama C Drives for townies or Yokohama Geolanders for a bit of off-road offer far superior grip in all conditions.
Good in dry highway
Not safe in wet

Noisy tire

I have these on my 2008 RAV4 (I bought the vehicle 2nd hand and they came with it). I have put a fair number of kilometers on the vehicle (~35K) and they are still going strong. My trouble with the tyres is the noise, when i give people rides the first thing they mention in the volume inside the car!
Long wearing
Very Noisy
mick4886
mick4886AU5 posts

Pretty good

have just hit the 50000klm mark and tyres are stuffed about 90% highway and town use. and i rotate every 10000. Not too bad on gravel when new , mud was terrible although they told me its a self cleaning tyre in the mud.. yeh right...only got one flat and that was when the tread was gone. good for a city 4x4. quite rd noise. if i still lived in the city for safety sake would probably get em again.
pretty good in wet on bitchumen.
was told id get close to a 100000klm. priced at 250$ tyre was hoping for more klm. alot more