Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

Google Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016) Questions & Answers

MPN: KHCHRC15AUBLK

4 questions from our users

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Reubs

Reubsasked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

After installing the Chromecast with a WiFi can it still be used on a different WiFi?

Ravinder
Ravinder

You need to set it up on wifi to use it. If you are planning to use it on two different wifi you need to set it up as well.
use google home app in order to do this.

Becky A

Becky Aasked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

My Chromecast is showing on my tv but can’t find it on my iPhone to connect them. How do I get the to connect?

Cat
Cat

You need the google home app on your phone first then follow the steps to sync them.

Spud
Spud

Download the Google home app enable Bluetooth and wifi and it should show up if it dosn't then maybe yours is broken

Razzcoasked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

Can you cast to a LED monitor?

Thaifan
Thaifan

Normally an LED TV, as it will have HDMI ports, and you are going to need one of those to plug in the Chromecast device, I don't think monitors have HDMI ports. Also, the audio will come from the TV itself, so the monitor would need speakers, and of course they do not. Even though I will be sourcing programs from my computer with an elaborate Edifier audio system attached, it does not emit sound when casting to the TV.

Razzco

Thanks Thaifan........that's sorted now :)

shabda4
shabda4

For Chromecast the ideal device is a TV. You need a HDMI connection a USB connection and speakers. If your device LED monitor or another device does not have these then that is your answer!