4Google Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)
Part of Google Chromecast 3.3

Google Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

MPNs:GA00439 and GA00439-AU
4Google Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)
2.3

27% · 1434 · 65%
Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.

A Load Of Rubbish

I Followed the instructions, which are very simple........but it does not work. Just wasted hours on this.
So I am going back to my old method. Download video to USB Stick. Plug in to T.V. .....watch and enjoy. Show details
Jeffrey
JeffreySouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
Vince
VinceSydney, NSW4 posts
  3rd Generation

What was Google thinking?

Managed to connect it to my android phone without a problem. Wasted hours trying to connect it to my Windows laptop. Why are there not even any reliable instructions for this? Surely I'm not alone in trying to connect a Windows laptop? Utterly terrible. Show details
SimonDigby
SimonDigbyWestern Australia4 posts
  Verified 3rd Generation

if you love stuffing around with glitchy tech, this is for you

Hopeless device. Never connects when you want it to. Have to erase and start again multiple times. Freezes at the most annoying moments (to be fair, this is its one skill). We had such high hopes for this thing. Like, it would work, for one. Waste of time and money.

Anna
AnnaDarwin12 posts

Ok

You would think a product as simple as chromecast wouldnt have any problems

It drops out, and /or doesn't always connect for no apparent reason.

I find I have to go to my Google home app to manually find it and connect it because when I hit the connect icon it says its streaming but it isn't.

KylieJene
KylieJeneSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
  3rd Generation

So good we bought a second one!

We have an Apple TV, and a Chromecast but hubby has a Samsung phone and was only using Chromecast. So we bought a second Chromecast. Both are great devices. Only problems is sometimes can’t skip advertisements, whilst casting. Can be powered by usb. If you don’t have outlets free, your tv’s USB ports can power the Chromecast.

thinkOfaNumber
thinkOfaNumberDarwin
Kat
KatMelbourne11 posts

Best purchase

Got a chromecast so that I could stream Hayu (reality tv) on my television and it has been fantastic. It’s actually really convenient selecting a program on my phone - all I do is hit a button and it turns on my tv and streams what i want to watch. Love it

Alan4 posts
  3rd Generation

What an unsafe, terrible product

1. Would not install from a PC.

2. Interferes with aerial signal.

3. Unit gets so hot,nearly too hot to touch, its a fire hazard.

I spent 3 hours trying to get it to work and finally gave up. The instructions on the setup program are hopeless. I will be taking it back for a refund.

Samk
Samk
Hans
HansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Can't live without it!

I have just updated my 1st Generation Chromecast with a 3rd Generation model. I am glad I did. It works faster with no buffering. I generally cast from my iPad using the many free-to-air streaming apps and Nextflix. I cast movies from my PC using the Videostream app. The Chromecast has extended my viewing pleasure, and I can catch-up with all my regular programs. Works much better than the catch-up apps that come with my Sony smart TV

QLDZDR
QLDZDRBrisbane538 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.