13Google Chromecast

Google Chromecast Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.
Leigh L.
Leigh L. · Chromecast

How do I get SBS on my new google Chromecast with google tv? I thought I selected it from Apps menu on install but it’s not appearing now on available apps...?

john
john · Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.
ilias K. · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?

And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.

My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.

But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.

I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Reubs
Reubs · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

After installing the Chromecast with a WiFi can it still be used on a different WiFi?

Ravinder
Ravinder

You need to set it up on wifi to use it. If you are planning to use it on two different wifi you need to set it up as well.

use google home app in order to do this.

Becky A
Becky A · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

My Chromecast is showing on my tv but can’t find it on my iPhone to connect them. How do I get the to connect?

Cat
Cat

You need the google home app on your phone first then follow the steps to sync them.

Spud
Spud

Download the Google home app enable Bluetooth and wifi and it should show up if it dosn't then maybe yours is broken

sydneymidge · Chromecast

Hi. I've just bought a Chromecast today from Office Works for $45.00. This one just says "Chromecast" but doesn't indicate that it's a '2'. Should I have asked for the latest model? Maybe I should stick out for the Ultra model.

I haven't opened this one yet so would appreciate if someone could guide me on this.

Many thanks.

DominikaC
DominikaC

Looking on their website they sell the Chromecast 2 for $43 so that'll be it. I don't think the first generation is still being sold in shops.

sydneymidge

Dominic thank you for your response. I went back to the store and they assured me that unless my TV is less than 3 years old the Ultra is of no benefit to me. Sorry for not responding sooner.

Regards

Sonya
Sonya · Chromecast

I just purchased the Google Chromecast to use to cast from my Samsung phone to TV. When I purchased it I was advised that it does NOT mirror, it just casts the existing APPS on my phone (and those that were compatible with chromecast etc). I asked about a Mirroring Device - as I want to use my Internet Browser etc on my phone, and have it show up on the bigscreen (I asked if they had a mirroring one - they said they don't, and that the APPLE TV is the only one that does mirroring - but I don't have an Iphone), so I've been researching online, and everywhere I go when I ask about a mirroring device, they say the Chromecast DOES mirror your device? Can you help clarify? thank you

Hi Sonya,

Using Android phone, there is an app called "Screen Stream Mirroring Free" on google app market that does the mirroring. I have tried it. There is a lag, and it is very slow! But it does the job. There seems to be other apps that do it as well!

Using your PC, Chromecast does the mirroring. If your intention is watching specific contents on TV, you can move them to your PC and watch it on your TV.

I will write the steps below so you can try for yourself.

1. Start Google Chrome browser.

2. Click on Chromecast icon in Chrome browser.

3. on the popup box select the device you are you using for casting. click on left arrow. (in my case my TV)

4. Click on "Cast to"

5. Select your choice. Among the choices are

Cast Tab

Cast Desktop

Try it. If you had problems let me know.

Happy casting.

Razzco
Razzco · Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

Can you cast to a LED monitor?

Thaifan
Thaifan

Normally an LED TV, as it will have HDMI ports, and you are going to need one of those to plug in the Chromecast device, I don't think monitors have HDMI ports. Also, the audio will come from the TV itself, so the monitor would need speakers, and of course they do not. Even though I will be sourcing programs from my computer with an elaborate Edifier audio system attached, it does not emit sound when casting to the TV.

Razzco

Thanks Thaifan........that's sorted now :)

shabda4

For Chromecast the ideal device is a TV. You need a HDMI connection a USB connection and speakers. If your device LED monitor or another device does not have these then that is your answer!

dizee12
dizee12 · Chromecast

Do I need a device to stream Netflix from, are any apps built-in?

Peter Tran
Peter Tran

If your TV is not a smart TV and does not have a Netflix app on it, then you will need a Chromecast, and the Netflix app installed on your smart phone. The Chromecast have any apps built into it - it's a device that displays videos and audio by receiving streams and things that you cast at it.

Des
Des · Chromecast

Can Chromecast work with a set top box such as TeacHDB850?

Lorri

It works via HDMI, so as long as the device has a spare HDMI port it should work fine.

Pablo61
Pablo61 · Chromecast

Can I play content from an iPhone?

Tomato
Tomato

Depends on the content. Can you elaborate?

DarkRevan
DarkRevan

Only compatible apps can stream to the chromecast from iPhone. I've only successfully tried Plex and YouTube . Also you can't stream inline videos from the default browser like you can with most Android devices.

Lorri

iphone now has a Chromecast app (my fiancée uses it), you can find it on the app store here:

Select a listing for your question
Google Chromecast

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Google? Claim your listing.