Google Chromecast

Anna

AnnaDarwin

Ok

You would think a product as simple as chromecast wouldnt have any problems
It drops out, and /or doesn't always connect for no apparent reason.
I find I have to go to my Google home app to manually find it and connect it because when I hit the connect icon it says its streaming but it isn't.

KylieJene

KylieJeneSouth East Queensland, QLD

So good we bought a second one!

We have an Apple TV, and a Chromecast but hubby has a Samsung phone and was only using Chromecast. So we bought a second Chromecast. Both are great devices. Only problems is sometimes can’t skip advertisements, whilst casting. Can be powered by usb. If you don’t have outlets free, your tv’s USB ports can power the Chromecast.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Always loses connection

Not compatible

Google haven't got a list of compatible projectors. Mine isnt. It's an expensive trial and error or the inconvenience of returning the Chromecast device to google. It proved to be a waste of time. HDMI does not mean that it will work with your projector. There must be many standards around.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Kat

KatMelbourne

Best purchase

Got a chromecast so that I could stream Hayu (reality tv) on my television and it has been fantastic. It’s actually really convenient selecting a program on my phone - all I do is hit a button and it turns on my tv and streams what i want to watch. Love it

Date PurchasedOct 2018

What an unsafe, terrible product

1. Would not install from a PC.
2. Interferes with aerial signal.
3. Unit gets so hot,nearly too hot to touch, its a fire hazard.
I spent 3 hours trying to get it to work and finally gave up. The instructions on the setup program are hopeless. I will be taking it back for a refund.

Dissapointed

DissapointedCleveland

Stay far away!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cheomecast only good at streaming media

crap

Chromemast device and Google Home (which I use to cast from my Galaxy S9) work together less than 50% of the time. Nothing more frustrating than tech that only works 'sometimes'. I just threw my Chromecast in the trash and uninstalled Google Home. What a waste of $$$ and time.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Hans

HansMelbourne

Can't live without it!

I have just updated my 1st Generation Chromecast with a 3rd Generation model. I am glad I did. It works faster with no buffering. I generally cast from my iPad using the many free-to-air streaming apps and Nextflix. I cast movies from my PC using the Videostream app. The Chromecast has extended my viewing pleasure, and I can catch-up with all my regular programs. Works much better than the catch-up apps that come with my Sony smart TV

Monique

MoniqueSunshine Coast

Great purchase!

I can’t believe I didn’t buy it sooner! It makes streaming online soooo much easier to view on your tv. No time for HDMI cables anymore, much easier to stream with the google chrome cast. Love this product!
If you’re thinking of buying it, I completely recommend. Very simple to install and use right away!

QLDZDRBrisbane

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Katy

KatySydney

Love it!

Was tempted by AppleTV but kept getting suggestions of Chromecast and haven’t regretted it. Works with all our devices, and can be compatible with non Chrome usage with correct tech support. Much much cheaper and works brilliantly, allowing casting of what you choose rather than mirroring of whole screens so the casting device can still be multifunctional. Great buy!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Moh

MohMelbourne

Unleash the potential - Make your TV smart

Complement my TV, which has very limited capabilities, it is semi smart, but with the chromcast I was able to stream from my phone to the TV, mirror my phone, have my personal photos as screensaver, very useful.
Hardy any problems, may once or twice stalled and needed reset, other than that it is very practical

Date PurchasedJun 2016

customer

customerCasula

Almost AI

there are so many things connected to the TV, and this is the only one that connected without any trouble or hard reading into the manual. we cast Stan and video from mobile phones.
just in a few times it had error in the connection and have to recast again.

SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

The best product from Google

Two things I liked about Chromecast are price and easy set up. Price of Chromecast is very cheap. Anyone can simply set it up with HDMI enabled TV.

Acceding to my experience, Chromecast's WiFi connectivity and reliable are far better than the latest TVs' WiFi connectivity and reliable.

To stream 4K videos, use the Chromecast Ultra,

Date PurchasedAug 2016

ThomasSunshine Coast

Chromecast to TV

Chromecast for the IT novice
Easy connection and set up for anyone to do
Can connect to any TV
Minimal spend
Perfect choice especially when on holidays the Chromecast can go with you
Very happy
Well worth the outlay
A great investment

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Don

DonPerth, WA

Buy Apple TV

One of the worst consumer products I've experienced. Bottom line is spend extra money and buy an Apple TV. Apart from the obvious trouble of accessing your phone to pause what you are watching. You are lucky if you can pause or do anything with your phone. Because the chormecast connection is very finicky. If you were lucky to stumble upon a moment when the device is showing on your phone/computer and start streaming. When you want to pause it it simply dissapears from your device. Now you can't pause or do anything with it. It is garbage. I am a very tech savvy person, I have tried everything. To get it working but still it is garbage....The simple truth is..
SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY!
BUY APPLE TV!
BUY APPLE TV!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
billie

billiePerth

If you haven't got a smart Tv (and as long it has a HDMI option and you have wifi) defiantly look into google chromecast .
Super easy to set up and very easy to use, your phone is the remote. Fantastic for Netflix and YouTube ect loads fast and clear picture. Only costs around $50. Super happy with the product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

john

johnasked

Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Reubs

Reubsasked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

After installing the Chromecast with a WiFi can it still be used on a different WiFi?

Ravinder
Ravinder

You need to set it up on wifi to use it. If you are planning to use it on two different wifi you need to set it up as well.
use google home app in order to do this.

Get an answer from our members and Google representatives