Google Chromecast

sumeer

sumeer

Best technology for Wifi Streaming

Far better than other streaming devices out there. Really easy to install and stream from any device rehardless of android or IOS. I have streamed from my various laptops too. It will be good if it does have usb inbuilt to it to play data from usb on old tv's.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Alex F

Alex F

Essential

I absolutely love this gadget. We used Apple TV for years, fumbling around with a clunky interface on the TV – the Chromecast makes it so much easier, as you use your phone and simply 'flick' content to your TV. We now have a Chromecast in each TV, paired with Google Home Minis so we can play and control the TV with our voice. Ah, the future!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Aal

AalAU

A good way to watch your phone on the tv

I found the chrome cast the best thing to make my normal TV into a smart tv. It needs the Wi-Fi internet to work. And your phone must be on the same Wi-Fi to cast anything from it onto the TV. Watch anything from YouTube and other similar apps onto the TV or watch a video you made on the phone straight into the TV using the Google Home app

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Jerry Ice

Jerry IceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Super Handy thingy

Good device, first it turned my non smart TV into a smart TV where I could stream netflix and Stan from my Android. Now does a bit more on my TV where I can cast the content on my pc to a larger screen and helps me with designing my graphics.
Also works well with Spotify on my phone

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Ravinder

RavinderGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Awesome : Makes your TV SMART

I had LED TV and looking to upgrade to smart TV but then I found Google Chromecast.
It has everything you would need in smart TV. Its small yet very advanced as it can transform your TV into Smart TV. All you need is Wifi and configure it your chrome cast. And it will be accessible to all the smart devices you have.

There are so many apps that can be used with this and represent great value. You can mirror you device with your Tv and can enjoy the benefits to share with your loved ones!!!

Its a great little invention that can save you a lot of money!!!

I bought two in 6 months and enjoy the benefits.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Andrea

AndreaTasmania

Terrible - not worth the headache!

Chromecast has been the most frustrating product I've ever purchased! Refuses to connect to the internet even when the WiFi signal is excellent. Tried resetting the device, moving the router, disconnecting and reconnecting the internet. I've tried to get this device working so many times but to no avail... I wish I hadn't wasted my money!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
willsyd

willsydAU

Not great system wouldn't bother

There really isn't a standard anymore chromecast yet another poorly executed product! It really doesn't do the job! Every single program needs to support it, constant issues trying to get a simple video playing. Thought $60 to make a dumb tv smart was good idea, HA. The same goes with apple airplay standard.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
robin

robinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hit and a miss

It's nice when it works,
PRO's:-instant wireless streaming
- can work dreat with voice command if you have google home device.
- can stream from phone and Pc's

Con's:- BUT i have been having constant issues with the connection.
- video is always jittering and missing frames.
- its drops resolution ( i am getting about 6 mbps net speed), but even when things are working fine on my pc it drops resolution in streaming and still misses frames.
- some times connection just dops but its very very rare.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Josh C

Josh C

Reliable and useful

This is a great tool for those people who needed to "smart" up their old TV.
I bought this for my parents and their old TV suddenly became smart.
Cheap and good option if you want to use Youtube, Netflix without paying for a new TV.
Only catch is that the Internet speed better be good.. :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

bigrog

bigrog

Google Chromecast - Awful

Have to set it up, from scratch, every - single - time. The most frustrating IT device I've every had the misfortune to buy. Works maybe 20% of the time. Waste of money and very frustrating. Google help desk was no help at all. Strongly recommend not buying this thing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Scott

Scott

Unreliable

Constant issues with connection and drop outs. It randomly starts restarting every 60 seconds, making it worse than useless.

Google use to be the company that made things which just worked, now they've gone down the Apple and Microsoft route. You make more money selling crap that breaks down and needs replacing quickly.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Its sent from the heavens

Super easy to set up and use! A small device that plugs into the HDMI imput on your tv, sync it to your device (phone, tablet, laptop) and away you go! I use it to stream tv shows from netflix. You can also use it to watch videos on the Internet, youtube even listen to spotify!! Definitely recommend, I use it every day.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Handy For Screen Mirroring or Casting

Turns an old TV into a Smart TV. Good quality, easy to use, quick and easy to set up.

We use the Google Chromecast to play many different things - Netflix / Catch-up TV / YouTube etc, as well as screen mirroring from whatever device we want to play from - Mobile phone / Tablet / Laptop / PC. It's important to keep in mind that this device can only receive video that is cast to it, or is mirrored from another device - it can't play shared network files by itself.

It is powered by a USB cable, so if your TV has it, you can just power it with the TV's on-board USB port. Makes setup very simple.

The Google Chromecast is a quick, easy and cheap upgrade to a tired old TV

Date PurchasedOct 2017
TheRegularGuy

TheRegularGuynewcastle

Better than a "smart" TV

This took me longer to get out of the box than it did to setup.
It's been humming away over there behind the TV ever since never missing a beat.
I ended up putting one on all our TV's
It's been months since any TV has been on live network TV.Everything now is cast by someones phone or iPad or laptop
Mac users get Airdrop and play any files on your hard drive to Chromecast
I don't have or forsee any 4K telly purchase in my immediate future otherwise I'd have got the Ultra

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kevin3541

Kevin3541Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

240v USB failure

Whilst I cannot fault the unit in its operation, the fact that the Australian model has the USB outlet at the bottom of the 240v outlet creates an early failure of the USB cord. In Australia I would have thought most 240v power outlets are fitted low down on the wall and most TV's are fitted at least 500-600 above the floor this causes the cord to be bent @ 90 degrees and in our case the cord casing has cracked and now unusable. Why would the USB outlet not be fitted at the rear (as per - Iphone etc) or at the top.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

mikema

mikema

Backdrop data usage is the killer - if you have limited data usage

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Nancy

NancyMelbourne

My life saviour!

Have been looking to buy this for a long time. And finally bought this chromecast from goodguys. And try it today! Oh my God! Just love it, i dont have to plug hdmi cable to my laptop anymore to watch my favorite tv show on tv. It is mirroring exactly what is from my laptop, the quality is good. And work smoothly. And easy to setup. No regret! Gonna use it all the time.. love it love it love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Timmy

TimmyMelbourne

Couldn't live without it

Best invention of the decade in my humble opinion, and has revolutionised the way we watch TV. If you don't have it yet, you're not doing TV right and you're undoubtedly missing out. Only issue is not a google chromecast one, but rather a TV networks one (like Channel 7 and not making their alternative Winter Olympics app viewings compatible with the device).

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lisw

LiswNSW, 2155

Amazing and couldn't live without

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Alan

AlanAU

Great value, turns your normal TV into a smart TV

Very useful product , I can stream Netflix and Youtube from my iPad. With other streaming sites, I can cast anything from my Google Chrome on the computer onto the TV. Integrates very well with all devices and never had any issues. You get a lot for what you pay.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Leigh L.

Leigh L.asked

Chromecast

How do I get SBS on my new google Chromecast with google tv? I thought I selected it from Apps menu on install but it’s not appearing now on available apps...?

john

johnasked

Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Compare all 3 Google Chromecast
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
App StoreGoogle PlayGoogle PlayGoogle Play
Netflix App CompatibleYesYesYes
SD Card SlotNoNoNo
Price (RRP)$59$49$59
Replaced byGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Compare all 3 Google Chromecast