Google Chromecast

Mirriulah

MirriulahNorth Western Region, NSW

High Tec Low Performance

I have to wonder why in this day and age my Google Chromecast regularly (at least once a fortnight) stops functioning and I have to go through a range of primitive switching and re-booting to get it to come online again.
I have seen military blokes sitting in a booth thousands of kilometres away remotely fire a rocket and precisely destroy their target but my google chromecast has problems remotely connecting to my laptop one metre away.

Purchased in January 2018 at Kmart Online Store for A$60.00.

NGL

NGLGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never works, sub standard compared to Apple tv

I went from an Apple TV, no problems, worked well, to this product that hardly ever connects to me devices. Glitched, that require me everyday to reset the item. The worst desicion I have made, in particular when mirroring. Google company should be ashamed of themselves to have a device that works at low standard. Please do your self a favour and don't buy this product, it's no good.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Dissapointed

DissapointedCleveland

Stay far away!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cheomecast only good at streaming media

Date PurchasedNov 2018
willsyd

willsydAU

Not great system wouldn't bother

There really isn't a standard anymore chromecast yet another poorly executed product! It really doesn't do the job! Every single program needs to support it, constant issues trying to get a simple video playing. Thought $60 to make a dumb tv smart was good idea, HA. The same goes with apple airplay standard.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
robin

robinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hit and a miss

It's nice when it works,
PRO's:-instant wireless streaming
- can work dreat with voice command if you have google home device.
- can stream from phone and Pc's

Con's:- BUT i have been having constant issues with the connection.
- video is always jittering and missing frames.
- its drops resolution ( i am getting about 6 mbps net speed), but even when things are working fine on my pc it drops resolution in streaming and still misses frames.
- some times connection just dops but its very very rare.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
mikema

mikema

Backdrop data usage is the killer - if you have limited data usage

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Keeps shutting down

My Chromecast keeps shutting down after 20 mins..seems to be a big problem on the forams. A lot of people are complaining. Some shut down after 2 mins.. Don't buy until google can fix the problems. I have tried a lot of fixes. Don't buy one until google can fix the problem.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Networked Media Players

Find out how Google Chromecast compares to other Networked Media Players

tania

taniaSydney

Buggy

Sucks

google chrome cast sucks I bought it so that I could wirelessly stream stuff and watch netflix off my computer to my tv but it changes the quality of the video/movie/image I am watching. I Would definitely not recommend anyone buying a Google Chrome cast it is not worth the money at all

Doesn't Work

My cromecast could not find my wifi. My router broadcasts both 2.4 and 5 Ghz signals. Neither will show up on the chromecast, rendering it absolutely useless. I just broke it in half and threw it in the trash. I think I'll save for another Apple TV, or just stick with an hdmi cable to my laptop. Google, I'm severely disappointed. I had great hope for the concept.

smfzi

smfziSouth East Queensland, QLD

Severely LIMITED, questionable and over hyped device

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Leigh L.

Leigh L.asked

Chromecast

How do I get SBS on my new google Chromecast with google tv? I thought I selected it from Apps menu on install but it’s not appearing now on available apps...?

john

johnasked

Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Compare all 3 Google Chromecast
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
App StoreGoogle PlayGoogle PlayGoogle Play
Netflix App CompatibleYesYesYes
SD Card SlotNoNoNo
Price (RRP)$59$49$59
Replaced byGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Compare all 3 Google Chromecast