Google Chromecast

Lukie

LukieLiverpool

Great product with further opportunity

when the GEN 1 came out t was a must have, it offer the opprotunity to make any TV with HDMI to become a smart TV. This at the time saved Hundreds $ $ $ $, of the cost of purchasing a dedicated smart TV. In the way of limitations it would be great if it could be used with out the need of a network.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Katy

KatySydney

Love it!

Was tempted by AppleTV but kept getting suggestions of Chromecast and haven’t regretted it. Works with all our devices, and can be compatible with non Chrome usage with correct tech support. Much much cheaper and works brilliantly, allowing casting of what you choose rather than mirroring of whole screens so the casting device can still be multifunctional. Great buy!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
customer

customerSydney, NSW

Almost AI

there are so many things connected to the TV, and this is the only one that connected without any trouble or hard reading into the manual. we cast Stan and video from mobile phones.
just in a few times it had error in the connection and have to recast again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

t18

t18Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good fir youtube

Works well with youtube. My kids send the videos via their tablets and it is quite stable. Out internet do not seem to stream netflix as well and does paise to reload quite often. Think that is more an internet issue than anything to do with the chrome cast itself.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

This is amazing

Hi I bought this last week. It is easy to use and compatible with my two smart phones. I can watch movies from YouTube, net flix and other apps. But the only problem is you can’t stream through internet browser. So I’m giving it 4 stars out of 5. Cheers

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Wilfred v

Wilfred vVic, 3199

Does what its made for but

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Josh C

Josh C

Reliable and useful

This is a great tool for those people who needed to "smart" up their old TV.
I bought this for my parents and their old TV suddenly became smart.
Cheap and good option if you want to use Youtube, Netflix without paying for a new TV.
Only catch is that the Internet speed better be good.. :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Handy For Screen Mirroring or Casting

Turns an old TV into a Smart TV. Good quality, easy to use, quick and easy to set up.

We use the Google Chromecast to play many different things - Netflix / Catch-up TV / YouTube etc, as well as screen mirroring from whatever device we want to play from - Mobile phone / Tablet / Laptop / PC. It's important to keep in mind that this device can only receive video that is cast to it, or is mirrored from another device - it can't play shared network files by itself.

It is powered by a USB cable, so if your TV has it, you can just power it with the TV's on-board USB port. Makes setup very simple.

The Google Chromecast is a quick, easy and cheap upgrade to a tired old TV

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$58.00.

Timmy

TimmyMelbourne

Couldn't live without it

Best invention of the decade in my humble opinion, and has revolutionised the way we watch TV. If you don't have it yet, you're not doing TV right and you're undoubtedly missing out. Only issue is not a google chromecast one, but rather a TV networks one (like Channel 7 and not making their alternative Winter Olympics app viewings compatible with the device).

Date PurchasedDec 2017

dieseldawg

dieseldawgACT, 2614

Fix the wallpaper and you can have 5 stars

Vish

Vishsydney

Great product .. Not much difference with its first generation

I brought 2nd gen chromecast because 1st generation having some lagging while using other screen as a monitor, but there is only very little improvement in terms of speed. Overall if you have 1st generation device , don't buy this, streaming almost has the same speed. Design wise this is better, its now a round shape and magnetic effect is also added so that it can easily fit behind the television. Overall Its good to buy in-case you don't have first the generation chromecast.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Spud

SpudNewcastle

Dose the job

For someone that use to use a fetch-tv box to cast devices media music and Netflix on this is quite a upgrade no more big chunky cables no big box no doggy Firmwere just plug it in set it up and cast simple. easy to set up the small sized hides its self away behind my TV. the only bad thing in my opinion is price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
The Fillinghams

The FillinghamsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Chromecast, very handy

You staying in a hotel with wifi, nothing on the telly, plug this into the hotel TV and you can all watch netflix on the telly. Its great.
Allows you to send things from your tablet, laptop, PC phone on to your tv making it available for all the family to share.

Fred

FredMelbourne

Pretty good

Purchased one of these a about a month ago, and figured that if it worked as promised then it would be ideal and would make life a lot easier to stream. After using it for about a month we've found it to be a bit fiddly. When it works it's great, but sometimes it will hang or get stuck, not projecting the stream from the mobile phone to the TV. We've resolved this most of the time by shutting down the app, but everyone and then the phone needs to be turned off before it will work. Overall, more convenient than turning on the laptop and plugging it in, or using the "smart tv" functionality

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Matt B

Matt B

Handy!

This little gadget is easy to use and does everything that is promised. I paired it up with a Google Home and wow, it has changed how I do everything at home. You don't notice it at all once it's in the TV at all so it's like a 'set and forget' kind of situation. Then everything seems to magically just work. It's a cheap extension you can add to almost any tv that will give an old tv new life. I recommend it and it's a great gift!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Drew

DrewSydney

Really great for streaming at affordable price

Purchased this product for my father's Birthday. He loved it. Uses it all the time to stream all the YouTube videos his heart desires. I decided to buy one also and it was one was the best purchases I have ever made. You can stream whatever you like from your computer onto the TV, which is super useful.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

the best thing ever invented

hi brought this for 49$ from office works 6 months ago man this thing is so great good by smart tv every now and then you have got to reboot the chrome cast apart from that’s i love this thing very easy to use have got 2 of these things

Victor

VictorSydney

This product is excellent, using it everyday

I don't have a smart TV at home, I got this product as a gift from friends, however, I love it since the first time I use it. I am using it for Youtube streaming and the requirement for the bandwidth to stream high quality video is minimal as compared to other products.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Narelle W

Narelle WAdelaide

A lot cheaper than a new TV

I bought this earlier this year after realising my TV was very out of date. It was easy enough to install but I had to make sure my wifi signal was at it's strongest to be successful. Streaming quality is near flawless and content OK (I use youtube and netflix currently)

Pvcorcione

PvcorcioneAU

Good device

I used to have the google chrome cast first generation. I didn't like it because it used to freeze the image a lot. This second generation is much better. I've had for a week and I can watch all the movies, youtube and tv series and it runs very well. I’ve been enjoying this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Leigh L.

Leigh L.asked

Chromecast

How do I get SBS on my new google Chromecast with google tv? I thought I selected it from Apps menu on install but it’s not appearing now on available apps...?

john

johnasked

Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas
Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR
QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Compare all 3 Google Chromecast
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
App StoreGoogle PlayGoogle PlayGoogle Play
Netflix App CompatibleYesYesYes
SD Card SlotNoNoNo
Price (RRP)$59$49$59
Replaced byGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Compare all 3 Google Chromecast