Google Chromecast

Nicole

NicoleGippsland, VIC

Best Thing Ever

So good in the loungeroom I brought a second one for the bedroom. Quick & easy just to stream a show from my iPad or iPhone. Never had issues with it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Jay

JaySydney, NSW

Pretty good, enhances the speed

I got faster speed on Youtube and Netflix compared to my Smart TV app of my LG TV. Plugs into your HDMI port of your TV. You can even control this Chromecast via remote (Play and Stop function)

Purchased in December 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$47.00.

Simone

SimoneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy

Easy to set up, easy to use. If you're using an Android and casting spotify, it does disconnect if your phone is in battery saving mode. Once I worked out the spotify issue I'm very happy with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$49.00.

Sinthu M.

Sinthu M.

Perfect casting device

If you want to turn your tv/monitor into a smart tv go for this. It offers a simple interface and can be used seamlessly with Apple / android devices. I use it for streaming YouTube & Netflix. It is always connected to my family room tv and i can stream to it anytime by clicking the cast icon on the apps that support screen casting. I have also noticed that there are fewer ads while using this device for YouTube streaming.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks for A$59.00.

Nats

NatsPerth, WA

The best $40 I've spent.

This is the easiest, most user friendly, cheapest way to make a TV a smart TV. Just plug it in and off you go. Have been using mine for well over 12 months now and can't fault it. I use it for Stan, Netflix, ABC iview, SBS on demand - you name it. Its hands down the best valued item in my house!!

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$40.00.

Annicka

AnnickaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So useful!

We have been watching Netflix, Stan and catch up tv via our PlayStation until recently. The chromecast makes it so much easier and quicker to use these functions and we can all connect to it easily using the google home app.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$40.00.

Adam A.

Adam A.

Time Saver

The ability to cast a video from youtube or have photos displayed on the TV has never been easier. I can tap a button and have the video be almost immediately streamed onto the TV from YouTube, or Netflix or Stan. It can play music form my selected device. It works even smoother if accompanied by a Google Assistant device such as Google Home Mini

Purchased in September 2017.

KylieJene

KylieJeneSouth East Queensland, QLD

So good we bought a second one!

We have an Apple TV, and a Chromecast but hubby has a Samsung phone and was only using Chromecast. So we bought a second Chromecast. Both are great devices. Only problems is sometimes can’t skip advertisements, whilst casting. Can be powered by usb. If you don’t have outlets free, your tv’s USB ports can power the Chromecast.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Kat

KatMelbourne

Best purchase

Got a chromecast so that I could stream Hayu (reality tv) on my television and it has been fantastic. It’s actually really convenient selecting a program on my phone - all I do is hit a button and it turns on my tv and streams what i want to watch. Love it

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Hans

HansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't live without it!

I have just updated my 1st Generation Chromecast with a 3rd Generation model. I am glad I did. It works faster with no buffering. I generally cast from my iPad using the many free-to-air streaming apps and Nextflix. I cast movies from my PC using the Videostream app. The Chromecast has extended my viewing pleasure, and I can catch-up with all my regular programs. Works much better than the catch-up apps that come with my Sony smart TV

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Monique

MoniqueSunshine Coast

Great purchase!

I can’t believe I didn’t buy it sooner! It makes streaming online soooo much easier to view on your tv. No time for HDMI cables anymore, much easier to stream with the google chrome cast. Love this product!
If you’re thinking of buying it, I completely recommend. Very simple to install and use right away!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Moh

MohMelbourne

Unleash the potential - Make your TV smart

Complement my TV, which has very limited capabilities, it is semi smart, but with the chromcast I was able to stream from my phone to the TV, mirror my phone, have my personal photos as screensaver, very useful.
Hardy any problems, may once or twice stalled and needed reset, other than that it is very practical

Date PurchasedJun 2016
SYDHarry

SYDHarrySydney

The best product from Google

Two things I liked about Chromecast are price and easy set up. Price of Chromecast is very cheap. Anyone can simply set it up with HDMI enabled TV.

Acceding to my experience, Chromecast's WiFi connectivity and reliable are far better than the latest TVs' WiFi connectivity and reliable.

To stream 4K videos, use the Chromecast Ultra,

Date PurchasedAug 2016

ThomasSunshine Coast

Chromecast to TV

Chromecast for the IT novice
Easy connection and set up for anyone to do
Can connect to any TV
Minimal spend
Perfect choice especially when on holidays the Chromecast can go with you
Very happy
Well worth the outlay
A great investment

Date PurchasedJul 2018
billie

billiePerth

If you haven't got a smart Tv (and as long it has a HDMI option and you have wifi) defiantly look into google chromecast .
Super easy to set up and very easy to use, your phone is the remote. Fantastic for Netflix and YouTube ect loads fast and clear picture. Only costs around $50. Super happy with the product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
sumeer

sumeer

Best technology for Wifi Streaming

Far better than other streaming devices out there. Really easy to install and stream from any device rehardless of android or IOS. I have streamed from my various laptops too. It will be good if it does have usb inbuilt to it to play data from usb on old tv's.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Alex F

Alex F

Essential

I absolutely love this gadget. We used Apple TV for years, fumbling around with a clunky interface on the TV – the Chromecast makes it so much easier, as you use your phone and simply 'flick' content to your TV. We now have a Chromecast in each TV, paired with Google Home Minis so we can play and control the TV with our voice. Ah, the future!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Aal

AalAU

A good way to watch your phone on the tv

I found the chrome cast the best thing to make my normal TV into a smart tv. It needs the Wi-Fi internet to work. And your phone must be on the same Wi-Fi to cast anything from it onto the TV. Watch anything from YouTube and other similar apps onto the TV or watch a video you made on the phone straight into the TV using the Google Home app

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Leigh L.

Leigh L.asked

Chromecast

How do I get SBS on my new google Chromecast with google tv? I thought I selected it from Apps menu on install but it’s not appearing now on available apps...?

john

johnasked

Chromecast 3rd Generation (2018)

why when I use the device to watch SBS on demand does it sometimes cut the start of the show, and why is it that all the other providers such as I view, does not seem to have this problem. what do I need to do to fix this irritating problem

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact the company obviously

ilias K.

ilias K.asked

Chromecast 2nd Generation (2016)

I would to ask if when you mirror your screen to the tv, does it use the wifi on your mobile. I would like to mirror my screen to tv and then use the wifi to surf the internet (google maps, a browser page or anything else). So is the wifi free to browse the internet while mirroring your screen?
And now there is also a guest mode. So you can mirror your screen lets say in a hotel without using wifi. Is again your wifi free to surf the internet while doing this? Thanks

Thomas

When setting Chromecast up it asks you which wifi you want to connect to ? I only have one that connects and does it all, home installed wifi where all products identify and log to - hope this helps.

QLDZDR

I can't get guest mode to work at all. I have downloaded the update of Google Home App. Looks different.
My TV shows the PIN on the screen, which we assume means a guest who doesn't have access to our wifi password but can see the PIN on the monitor, will be able to CAST (mirror) their screen to our TV.
But it doesn't find any compatible devices for them to cast to unlessvthey are already connected to our wifi.
I might try rebooting the Chromecast

Compare all 3 Google Chromecast
CategoryNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media PlayersNetworked Media Players
ConnectivityWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
App StoreGoogle PlayGoogle PlayGoogle Play
Netflix App CompatibleYesYesYes
SD Card SlotNoNoNo
Price (RRP)$59$49$59
Replaced byGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast UltraGoogle Chromecast Ultra
Compare all 3 Google Chromecast