Google Home

Google Home

MPN: GA3A00484A09

FURIOUS

FURIOUSGippsland, VIC

Started well but now almost useless

Very happy a year ago but each update ruins this product more. Lately it wakes me in the middle of the night with music at full volume & I never use full volume. Last night about 3am in started speaking in German at high volume. Also the command "play podcasts" now plays the same podcasts in the same order every night for 5 months- despite anything you might tell it. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Myffie

MyffieMid North Coast, NSW

Immunoforce tablets can cause loss of taste

After taking 2 of the herbal Immunoforce ( Bioglan brand) tablets per day for just over a month I have lost all taste and have a bitter taste in my mouth. After researching I found a similar tablet Armaforce has reported the same adverse reaction. Can take several weeks after stopping the tablets to recover taste

Purchased in December 2020 for $27.00.

Daniel J

Daniel JSydney, NSW

Worth exactly $0. Don’t buy.

If you love Spotify, you’ll love how google home keeps telling you to signup for YouTube premium even after you’ve linked your account.
You’ll love how it defaults to YouTube even if you have Netflix.
If you can’t get enough of google advertising and want to pay for a device to force mod of it down your throat then this is the device for you.
As a consumer I’m offended that I had to pay for this and that the ACCC allows Google to do so.

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

Caroline

CarolineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cool cat cages Betta Pet Systems

Betta pet systems have given me a good night's sleep. Their cat cages are well proportioned, strong and the benches are made of sturdy wood. Although this cage cost me a tiny bit more than a crappy imported mesh cage I ordered from Bunnings it was worth it. The Bunnings cage has rusted after a day of rain and is very flimsy - around 330 - Betta delivered within a week and put it up for me straightaway without any fuss- very helpfully carrying it in around my messy backyard!

Matt

MattMelbourne

Does a terrible job at hearing you

This Google Home model introduced more stress than help to my home. It frequently fails to hear, misunderstands and generally doesn’t perform. The more recent nest hub minis are far superior to this. Avoid.

Frustrated

FrustratedMelb

Did work once...........

Worked great, suddenly could not connect. Re-installed app, 1 foot from phone, 2 feet from wifi, could not connect. Restarted everything. Even bought spotify to go with it. Total waste of time and money.

Purchased in June 2020 for $199.00.

Angela

AngelaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

The best to wake up and start your morning with the music to get you going. It’s so easy to connect and sync to all your devices. I highly recommend google home

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay.

Ash

AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Idiot and slow

Such a waste of money. Siri works better. I have to scream so many time. And every time when I watch something on netflix and trying to pause. It either doesn’t respond or it act very slow. Very disappointed.

Purchased at JB Hifi Home for $199.00.

Funky Consumer

Funky ConsumerPerth, WA

Great sound, neat design. Bulky plug, deaf

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $78.00.

Chris Ellison

Chris EllisonLaunceston, TAS

Carline Launceston Tasmania

Having been in Tasmania for a relatively short period of time, I've used Carline Launceston 4 times - for either vehicle inspections or mechanical repairs. On each occasion they have been exceptional. They are honest, accurate with quotations and their customer service is second to none. Recommended without hesitation!

Purchased in March 2020.

Peter

PeterMid North Coast, NSW

Learning to live with it.

This thing is ingenious, at first I was just asking the time and playing my music. But Google has opened up a world of opportunities. I am literally learning new things it does everyday.

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for $120.00.

HyperReviews

HyperReviews

The google home is great and is very helpful in the household

The google home provides a great helping hand in the household and is great for organising and sorting out a busy lifestyle. The google assistant is a wonder of modern technology and is a massive help with various features such as: music, answers to all your questions and shopping lists, just to name a few.

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $100.00.

Aleisha

AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Convenient

Sometimes its annoying because it doesnt always pick up my voice, it gets confused easily but good for things like asking what the weather is/will be, play white noise (for my 7month old son). Only use it every now and then, good volume and I like the fact I can use it as a speaker for playing music around the house .

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $198.00.

Danandman

Danandman

Google Home - our own PA

2 years on and we still use it everyday. We have auotmated lights which work a treat & the speaker is really clear for playing Spotify on, it sets up our calendars and reminds us of appointments. Grandchildren love it. Very happy with the product and highly recommend it. Great xmas present for others.

angelica

angelicaSydney, NSW

Waste of money!

Bought 3 google devices over the last 2 years & at first it worked for playing music & shopping list. Then we added more devices including the home hub for calendars, photos, maps, recipes on top of the music & shopping list. However recent updates have left it not responding to basic commands. And after over a year you still can’t use Gsuite accounts (yes that’s a google product) & yes it’s ‘on the roadmap’... but can I get any help from them no. They just say we’ll speak to the product team. Don’t waste your money buy Amazon or Apple!

Harry S.

Harry S.Sydney, NSW

Penrite Lubricants - great product and tech support.

When I commenced doing oil changes on my BMW motorcycle, I was overwhelmed with the oil choices available. I cross checked with the majors and they all confirmed the same recommended grade. I went with Penrite full synthetic 10w-40 with PAO-Ester and my bike ran much improved including better gear changes. Penrite's tech support was extremely helpful answering all my questions and gave me much patience and support. I thoroughly recommend Penrite, an Australian Company

Purchased in August 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

Philip E.

Philip E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hate it

It's a score of -10. Why has Google released this useless item, if it doesn't understand what i'm saying then it tells me it's still learning, I put on a stupid accent and it understand me better than my very clear Australian accent. I am getting random stupid answers to very simple questions or it tells me something that has no relevance to what i've just asked., DO NOT BUY... unbelievably frustrating and NOT user friendly.

Purchased in August 2018 for $120.00.

robin

robinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

amazing device

it is an very useful device to assist you in your daily life. the speakers on Google home sound amazing and have a surround sound feel. build quality is great and can also be used as a wifi or a bluetooth speaker. i love it and highly recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 at Google Store for $149.00.

Dave

Dave

Good but not great.

I have had this now for a month and still sounds OK. It can be a little hard to hear my voice commands but just get a little closer and speak clearly.This product relies on lots of subscription services to get the most out of it with music but great for using with you smart lights from Philips hue.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $199.00.

Denise

DeniseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just love it

I was given a Google Home as a Christmas present from my family. I absolutely love it!! I play music, find out general knowledge facts from google and set my alarms. It was so easy to set up and easy to use

Purchased in December 2018 at JBHiFi.