Google Pixel 2

Google Pixel 2

64GB and 128GB

Fantastic phone, I'm never leaving Google phones

Have been a Google phone fan for a number of years, started out with the Nexus 5 for those who can remember. I've had the Pixel 2 for over a year now and the phone is still working great. The best thing about this phone is the camera, and I love how your camera quality improves over time without having to switch phone because Google relies on its software for most of the phones functions and app. The night sight feature is brilliant for low light condition, takes exceptional photos with high res quality. Many of my friends and family have converted (they're all using Pixel 3 now :() after hearing me bragging about my phone.
I love Google phones because of the integration with all the G apps and accounts that I already have and they're really quick at releasing fixes for bugs etc.. The batter of course has changed over time but I carry my portable charger with me all the time so it's not so much a problem. The only downside is if you take too many portrait or night side photos and videos, the batter drains VERY QUICKLY! The trick I've found is to put your phone on battery saver so it doesn't try to process those photos asap (which is what's draining the battery in the first place). Otherwise, it is the best phone I've ever owned and this seems to be a pattern with every new Google phone I get every time.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $999.00.

Great screen and photos

Had it for a year and it's been a very good phone. Camera is amazing, screen is excellent, software is swift and smooth. Everything just works as it should. Simple and stylish, not to big or small ,and fits in the hand well. Battery life is standard and sometimes it won't recharge properly. Wish it still had a headphone jack, but dongle works ok and sound quality is excellent. Generally very happy and will buy other pixels in future

Purchased in June 2018.

Had the Pixel 2 for 1+ years and it doesn't disappoint

Upgraded from an iPhone 6 because I wanted something different and Apple didn't have much to offer with their iPhone 7 at the time.

The Google Pixel 2 is a great phone to have. I bought it off ebay. It doesn't standout in terms of design but the overall usability and seamless integration of hardware and software really make it one of the top phones on the market.

Having a baby daughter, I almost explicitly use this phone as the main camera to take candid snaps at every hour of the day. I cannot do that with my Sony a65 DSLR camera. Their signature portrait mode is good to look at but only on the phone screen, if you you went on a computer screen, you can actually see 'unnatural' blurring between the object and the background. I have since resorted to using the normal camera mode now. Taking videos on this phone is just as good as any other flagship phone on the market. Taking photos at night or in low light is also quite outstanding.

As with most phones these days, the rapid charging function is a must and great to have especially if you have to get out of the door quickly with some juice in your phone.

The display on this phone is very crisp and sharp, no complaints at all.

Having multiple apps run simultaneously is no problem for the technical specs of the Pixel, everything is seamless and smooth

Purchased in February 2018 for $900.00.

Software

the best phone I have owned

I had been an iphone owner for many years, when the time came to upgrade I wanted to move to android but wasnt happy with the samsung phones and their strange curvy edges that were just asking to be dropped and cracked. I LOVE my google phone. It does all of the stuff I loved about my iphone and is better at all of the stuff I didnt like about my iphone. I will never go back to apple now.

Purchased in September 2018.

Google Pixel 2 64 GB Review

I purchased this Google Pixel 2 64 GB directly from Google around 9 months ago. I have had several faulty issues with the phone including random loss of phone service, phone only vibrates randomly, and the consistent need to restart phone in order to gain phone service. The charger cable became loose after about 6 months, and finally after 9 months it became nearly impossible to charge or use any other cord attachments such as the audio adapter or data transfer adapter.

I contacted Google about the issue and found out that they would replace my newly purchased device with an aftermarket repaired Google Pixel 2. They told me that the request would be processed immediately and that I would receive the replacement Pixel 2 shortly and then send my original phone to Google.

I received an email stating, "Ive processed your request. You should receive an email soon with detailed instructions and shipping labels.If I can help with anything else, please let me know."

I decided I did not want a replacement, but wanted my original phone to be repaired and returned. I responded to the email and waited 6 days, no response from Google and no shipping label or replacement phone. When I called they said it must have been a glitch. This phone has been a world of glitches and Google's customer service is very poor. Because Google owns the search engine it seems they have been able to manipulate the reviews in their favor. Do yourself a favor and purchase an Iphone or Samsung instead.

Great phone.

Long battery life, easy to use, intuitive, and heeds your every command. Navigation is a breeze. The only issue I've experienced with this is a one-off battery snafu- it read 55% but suddenly dropped to 29% in under an hour. Other than this anomaly, it runs well and has survived many drops.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Was good, then it bricked!

The wife's pixel 2 was running reasonably well for its first year, then it stopped working entirely with a slot unbootable error. Would not respond to recovery or factory reset mode and Google have not fixed this problem which has been reported by other owners since January of 2018. Pretty poor show.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good phone but I came with charging problem. I think it is the port. Need help

Have good camera Quality and also good options in the camera. It has good display brightness and it's very clear.
Normally use to watch videos watch films. All the apps are running smoothly and more supportive. Overall very good phone with good features. The latest features are the best in this phone.

Buyer beware!

Phone stopped working just shy of a year. It took 12 days and about 10 calls, getting a lawyer friend involved to explain their warranty and Australian consumer law and that not fixing the battery due to a crack on a screen is illegal for them to finally agree to replace the phone. So much unnecessary stress and anxiety caused. If it were Apple they would have just replaced it. Battery doesn’t work. No brainer. So unless you want to be 12 days without no phone, lose sleep and have to get a lawyer involved, Do not buy google anything! I won’t be ever again!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Camera Good Size

I picked this phone because it is the smaller size compared to the XL and I really miss the Iphone 5s phone size. This phone is bigger than that but similar to Iphone 6 in size--which fits my hands perfectly. The camera on this phone is stunning!!! The phone itself is also very smooth and runs fast. I love the fast charging and the fact that it tells me what song is playing no matter where I am--without the need to open another app.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone, good value but still stupid expensive.

Great phone just wish it was cheaper. Still much better value than the Apple and I hate being bullied by Ios.
Won't buy into the fashion statement of a phone so it must have a cover. They are just all too easy to break.
Screen is great. Sound is mind blowing, cant fault it.
Dont like the fact you have to use Google accessories but Apple is worse so just have to live with it.
Only buy from a reputable seller.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

If it's still not lagging, give it few months

I made the switch in hope that it google, can't be wrong. But boi was I wrong. I understand that its camera is simply mind-freaking and takes great photos but there are other things the phone do which Google forgot. Let's start with how badly it lags. It bad and after a while, you would wish if the phone was physically indestructible due to the intense urge of frustratingly throwing your phone. Also, most of the apps are constantly crashing and if you are into instagram then do yourself a favour and stay the damn out of android (which is prob instagram fault). If I had the disposable money to spare, I would happily go back to Apple. If you are an Apple user and still considering to buy it or getting trick by Google's clever advertisement, please think twice and invest your money somewhere else because, for the long run, it is a terrible phone.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good phone, but battery a major let down

I bought the Google Pixel 2XL, and despite being really impressed with the features, I have been super disappointed. Major issues with the phone not charging, the phone turning off when the charger has been plugged in, the charger that came with the phone stopped working all together ... all in all, it was not a phone that was usable due to battery issues and I will sadly not upgrade to the Pixel 3 XL, but jump back on the Apple iPhone. Anyone else with charing issues? From the technicians I talked to, there seems to be a lot of these issues going around with the Pixel 2XL.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great phone, operates seemlessly with your Google accounts

The phone is very smooth and is easily the best implementation of the Android OS, as there are no overlays or bloatware. It is pure google. The google assistant works very well and all your google contacts and accounts are integrated.

The camera is not as sharp or vibrant as my former S7. I realise there is a lot of hype around the camera......this is all it is. Hype. Others may have a different opinion however.

The apps run very smoothly, as does Google maps etc. Display is bright, but could be brighter. Is not a “blue tick” phone so reception in my area (Dandenongs) can occasionally be a little sketchy where other phones were ok.

Great phone

This would have to be the fastest phone I have ever owned. It takes 8 seconds to reboot and login, excellent camera much better than my wife's Apple iPhone 7. The photos are very clear and sharp. The latest Android OS 9 upgrade has improved performance and appearance.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best phone Ive owned

Ive had only one major issue with the phone where the software became corrupted and I had to wipe it. Google customer service (is granted overseas) but were incredibly helpful. Love the camera. Rarely freezes. Battery lasts most of the day (like most smart phones). Would definitely recommend purchasing this phone

Love my phone

Love my phone. It has a fantastic camera and I love how Google assistant provides U with edited photos. Love the finger scanner for convince. Only downside is the battery life it needs to be charged every night but good news is if it's a rapid charge it won't take long for it to charged

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Loved the pixel 1 but the pixel 2 falls extremely short

I absolutely loved my first pixel but unfortunately it eventually died and I had to purchase the pixel 2. Firstly I was not informed that the head phone jack had been removed and having to use the charging port makes listening to music while charging difficult. This wouldn't be so bad if the battery life wasn't terrible. I can't go out after going to work for fear of my phone running out of charge. Also find weird things going on such as self scrolling, certain podcasts not working and on occasion having to restart due to freezing. Ok phone but will probably not purchase a pixel again if they keep going this way.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great phone

The camera is the show piece - best camera there is. Everything else works as expected. Battery life is decent too! The look is a bit bland and the screen isn't as amazing as other phones but it definitely isn't bad. Haven't had any of the issues with the screen that have been publicised.

Like The Phone updates are another story

This phone is for me a Jekyll and Hyde it's is a good phone takes great photos. With this phone you don't get a cable to connect to your computer to down load photos so that is another expense. The one major thing I hate with this phone and I don't know if it happens with all phones is the amount of updates and every update changes your settings. I am sick of it I get my phone set and along comes another update. It has also started cutting out in the middle of calls. On reflection writing this I realise how much I am well and truly over this damned phone.