Google Pixel 2

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software

Terrible! Camera software failure

My pixel XL did a software update and afterwards the camera stopped working I have contacted Google numerous times and have received no response other than to say that my hardware is faulty. Many other users have had the same issue and have had a similar response from Google. Based on this experience of terrible service and faulty hardware I would never recommend another Google phone based upon

Purchased in June 2018 for A$500.00.

La N

La N

Great phone and still goes strong today 2020!!

Bought this back in 2017 (preorder) It was a massive change from the iphone 5 i was using.
Camera is still great at night, dont really use the portrait function at all.
Still using the phone in 2020 and dont think ill sell for another few years. does everything i need!

Purchased in October 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,088.95.

Wendy

WendyNew South Wales

Great until it died after 7 months.

Purchased in March and it stopped working in October. Online help fixes and hard restart were unable to fix the problem. Very frustrated as it was good phone and great camera up until this point. Tried Google support but no luck - now looking for a replacement phone.

Purchased in March 2019.

Find out how Google Pixel 2 compares to other Mobile Phones

What a useless piece of crap, nothing short of disappointment

This phone has battery problems, 3 pixels I have had now, all with the same problem. 10 mins of use drops phone to 65%. The google support team, could they be more unhelpful, probably not, up to 4 days for a reply.
The solution to my problem even though phone is under warranty... send a refurb.... awesome, i buy a new phone , phone is nothing short of crap, solution, lets give customer someone else's broken phone that we fixed! That is what a refurb is! Someone else's problems.
Customer care is absolute crap, the phone... unless you are near a power point, don't buy one. Phone is rubbish, customer care is worse, disappointment to say the least, feeling so ripped off!

Only buy if you plan on accepting a refurb when your phone craps it self

SeMi K.

SeMi K.

Always loved Pixel!

I have been used this phone about one year I really like the design and it has still good battery life.
All google app updated very fast and camera is really good. - But missing headphone jack

Purchased in February 2018.

Monica H

Monica HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic phone, I'm never leaving Google phones

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hifi Home for A$999.00.

DavidC

DavidCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great screen and photos

Had it for a year and it's been a very good phone. Camera is amazing, screen is excellent, software is swift and smooth. Everything just works as it should. Simple and stylish, not to big or small ,and fits in the hand well. Battery life is standard and sometimes it won't recharge properly. Wish it still had a headphone jack, but dongle works ok and sound quality is excellent. Generally very happy and will buy other pixels in future

Purchased in June 2018.

Henry

HenrySydney, NSW

Had the Pixel 2 for 1+ years and it doesn't disappoint

Purchased in February 2018 for A$900.00.

Sam

Sam

the best phone I have owned

I had been an iphone owner for many years, when the time came to upgrade I wanted to move to android but wasnt happy with the samsung phones and their strange curvy edges that were just asking to be dropped and cracked. I LOVE my google phone. It does all of the stuff I loved about my iphone and is better at all of the stuff I didnt like about my iphone. I will never go back to apple now.

Purchased in September 2018.

Google Pixel 2 64 GB Review

Elizabeth Xu

Elizabeth XuBrisbane

Great phone.

Long battery life, easy to use, intuitive, and heeds your every command. Navigation is a breeze. The only issue I've experienced with this is a one-off battery snafu- it read 55% but suddenly dropped to 29% in under an hour. Other than this anomaly, it runs well and has survived many drops.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Gaz

GazGold coast

Was good, then it bricked!

The wife's pixel 2 was running reasonably well for its first year, then it stopped working entirely with a slot unbootable error. Would not respond to recovery or factory reset mode and Google have not fixed this problem which has been reported by other owners since January of 2018. Pretty poor show.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
chathuranga

chathurangaSUNSHINE

Good phone but I came with charging problem. I think it is the port. Need help

Have good camera Quality and also good options in the camera. It has good display brightness and it's very clear.
Normally use to watch videos watch films. All the apps are running smoothly and more supportive. Overall very good phone with good features. The latest features are the best in this phone.

Will

WillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Buyer beware!

Phone stopped working just shy of a year. It took 12 days and about 10 calls, getting a lawyer friend involved to explain their warranty and Australian consumer law and that not fixing the battery due to a crack on a screen is illegal for them to finally agree to replace the phone. So much unnecessary stress and anxiety caused. If it were Apple they would have just replaced it. Battery doesn’t work. No brainer. So unless you want to be 12 days without no phone, lose sleep and have to get a lawyer involved, Do not buy google anything! I won’t be ever again!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Raheel

RaheelCanberra

Great Camera Good Size

I picked this phone because it is the smaller size compared to the XL and I really miss the Iphone 5s phone size. This phone is bigger than that but similar to Iphone 6 in size--which fits my hands perfectly. The camera on this phone is stunning!!! The phone itself is also very smooth and runs fast. I love the fast charging and the fact that it tells me what song is playing no matter where I am--without the need to open another app.

Daz

DazCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great phone, good value but still stupid expensive.

Great phone just wish it was cheaper. Still much better value than the Apple and I hate being bullied by Ios.
Won't buy into the fashion statement of a phone so it must have a cover. They are just all too easy to break.
Screen is great. Sound is mind blowing, cant fault it.
Dont like the fact you have to use Google accessories but Apple is worse so just have to live with it.
Only buy from a reputable seller.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

If it's still not lagging, give it few months

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good phone, but battery a major let down

I bought the Google Pixel 2XL, and despite being really impressed with the features, I have been super disappointed. Major issues with the phone not charging, the phone turning off when the charger has been plugged in, the charger that came with the phone stopped working all together ... all in all, it was not a phone that was usable due to battery issues and I will sadly not upgrade to the Pixel 3 XL, but jump back on the Apple iPhone. Anyone else with charing issues? From the technicians I talked to, there seems to be a lot of these issues going around with the Pixel 2XL.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Great phone, operates seemlessly with your Google accounts

The phone is very smooth and is easily the best implementation of the Android OS, as there are no overlays or bloatware. It is pure google. The google assistant works very well and all your google contacts and accounts are integrated.

The camera is not as sharp or vibrant as my former S7. I realise there is a lot of hype around the camera......this is all it is. Hype. Others may have a different opinion however.

The apps run very smoothly, as does Google maps etc. Display is bright, but could be brighter. Is not a “blue tick” phone so reception in my area (Dandenongs) can occasionally be a little sketchy where other phones were ok.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Matt

MattAU

Great phone

This would have to be the fastest phone I have ever owned. It takes 8 seconds to reboot and login, excellent camera much better than my wife's Apple iPhone 7. The photos are very clear and sharp. The latest Android OS 9 upgrade has improved performance and appearance.
Highly recommended.