MPN: KHPIXEL2128BLK

the best phone I have owned

I had been an iphone owner for many years, when the time came to upgrade I wanted to move to android but wasnt happy with the samsung phones and their strange curvy edges that were just asking to be dropped and cracked. I LOVE my google phone. It does all of the stuff I loved about my iphone and is better at all of the stuff I didnt like about my iphone. I will never go back to apple now.

Purchased in September 2018.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Great Camera Good Size

I picked this phone because it is the smaller size compared to the XL and I really miss the Iphone 5s phone size. This phone is bigger than that but similar to Iphone 6 in size--which fits my hands perfectly. The camera on this phone is stunning!!! The phone itself is also very smooth and runs fast. I love the fast charging and the fact that it tells me what song is playing no matter where I am--without the need to open another app.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone, good value but still stupid expensive.

Great phone just wish it was cheaper. Still much better value than the Apple and I hate being bullied by Ios.
Won't buy into the fashion statement of a phone so it must have a cover. They are just all too easy to break.
Screen is great. Sound is mind blowing, cant fault it.
Dont like the fact you have to use Google accessories but Apple is worse so just have to live with it.
Only buy from a reputable seller.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good phone, but battery a major let down

I bought the Google Pixel 2XL, and despite being really impressed with the features, I have been super disappointed. Major issues with the phone not charging, the phone turning off when the charger has been plugged in, the charger that came with the phone stopped working all together ... all in all, it was not a phone that was usable due to battery issues and I will sadly not upgrade to the Pixel 3 XL, but jump back on the Apple iPhone. Anyone else with charing issues? From the technicians I talked to, there seems to be a lot of these issues going around with the Pixel 2XL.

Loved the pixel 1 but the pixel 2 falls extremely short

I absolutely loved my first pixel but unfortunately it eventually died and I had to purchase the pixel 2. Firstly I was not informed that the head phone jack had been removed and having to use the charging port makes listening to music while charging difficult. This wouldn't be so bad if the battery life wasn't terrible. I can't go out after going to work for fear of my phone running out of charge. Also find weird things going on such as self scrolling, certain podcasts not working and on occasion having to restart due to freezing. Ok phone but will probably not purchase a pixel again if they keep going this way.

Like The Phone updates are another story

This phone is for me a Jekyll and Hyde it's is a good phone takes great photos. With this phone you don't get a cable to connect to your computer to down load photos so that is another expense. The one major thing I hate with this phone and I don't know if it happens with all phones is the amount of updates and every update changes your settings. I am sick of it I get my phone set and along comes another update. It has also started cutting out in the middle of calls. On reflection writing this I realise how much I am well and truly over this damned phone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Changed from Apple and so glad I did!

I won't lie, I was nervous to leave apple after 8 years. But the change over to pixel was so smooth. It's the best phone I've ever had. Intuitive, easy to use, amazing camera, the data migration from IPhone was a breeze, super light weight, great integration. Love it! Best

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dead in less than 8 months and poor after care service

My pixel 2 was dead in a morning after less than 8 months of use. Bought from JB Hi-Fi who waved how great the phone was and how great google is with after care service. Now the moment of truth revealed, the google after service is very difficult and poor and lengthy.

nice, reliable

nice, reliable, no complaints here. Takes some getting used to if used to a apple phone as it is very different. sometimes I find there is a bit of lag or the screen is actually too sensitive to the touch. good storage capacity and excellent camera. Google is better than apple.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Amazing phone, wish I switched sooner

Love this phone! So user friendly, everything just makes sense. Can easily organise my life and get all apps I need without the worry of lack of storage or constant system upgrades. Camera is amazing, best quality I've seen in a phone. Hard to purchase cases and accessories but overall wish I had given the iPhone up ages ago.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Some great innovation but the basics don't work

Hi
I purchased this phone to try something different from Samsung. Phone looked great and I like the finger reader at the back and the camera is good. Finding the Google home that came with it also fun but some of the basics don't work.

Sending a photo doesn't work for me. It always comes as a group text and in another string. Once I press send i get the text straight back as if it was coming from me. If I then write a text on this string it then also sends it straight back in the same conversation but not for someone sending to me. I am constantly having to monitor two message strings with my friends to piece a conversation together. I spoke to Telstra and they said it was google, speaking to google they say it is Telstra...

Sending pictures from a photo from the camera app sends it as a link instead of the photo. To avoid this I have to send from the message app but then the above scenario happens.

Apps crash all the time, when I highlight to copy something in a text or email, the Copy pop up takes 45 second to appear.

I've had the phone since Dec-17.

There are too many bugs, don't buy until they have sorted them out.

Chris Anderson

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Converted from Iphone to Google phone!

I have been an Iphone user for many generations, but I have to give it up because of its price. It was an easy transfer between those 2 phones, except for items in Iphone 'notes'. I had to manually transfer them. I must admit it takes a bit of effort to navigate around the Google phone, since switching. I still think it is worth the effort because Google Pixel 2 offers so much flexibility on their apps compared to Iphone. I can customise them so much more to suit my need. I can finally share my calendar and set reminders without restriction! (Iphone only allows 'remind me in 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month'....which is useless). I also love the design. It is much lighter than an iphone. Iphone definitely has a better interface compared to Google, but for the price I paid and its functionality, it is good value for money.

It's amazing

The phone is amazing. It has replaced three devices and its voice control is the best I have ever used. Camera quality is outstanding and connectivity to services are second to none. Ease of use and strength of the phone are great as well. Would definitely recommend buying the pixel 2

Excellent phone

This phone is excellent have not had any issues with it so far. Can Hear clearly through the speaker, photos are great quality and it automatically updates all the apps on it own you do not need to approve it to happen. I would highly recommend this phone for anyone wanting to convert from an iPhone to an android phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

wish i switched from iphone earlier

using the iphone was more like using a phone on wheelchair
the pixel freed me, the camera was unbelievable, quick, snappy and portrait mode was just spot on
very fast and user friendly, although taking a screen shot is a lot easier on an iphone
Fastest Fingerprint Scanner On The Planet at the moment.
love the speakers, loud and clear unlike any other
google assistant helped me a lot when im driving, thumbs up google

Perfect phone, perfect camera

One of the best, if not, the best camera I have ever seen or used on a phone. The quality of the images taken are phenomenal, comparable to DSLRs. The phone itself is lag-free, and snappy/responsive, with very minimal bloatware and other software pre-installed on the device. The bezels are a bit bnig, but this is compensated by the fact that there are two large front facing speakers on the phone, which you usually don't get on a phone. The form factor is smaller, very similar to the iphone, but the extra thickness and weight make the phone feel better in the hand, and won't easily be dropped. Overall, would recommend.

The best phone

This phone has the best camera, super clear photos, even in bad light. The assistant is super useful and this works well with the pixelbook. The phone itself works great, I particularly like the finger print security. Also fits snuggly in your hand.

If you like Android, this is the phone for you. No bloatware from Samsung or any telcos either. Also get updates from Google first.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best Camera ever

I couldn't be happier with this phone. The camera excels. The battery lasts all day. The phone performs amazingly. Google's assistant works great. This phone has really become part of my everyday life. It makes things run smoothly. This phone also has a great screen and the body ratio is 2017.

Date PurchasedNov 2017