Google Pixel 2

Google Pixel 2 (page 2 of 6)

64GB and 128GB

Like The Phone updates are another story

This phone is for me a Jekyll and Hyde it's is a good phone takes great photos. With this phone you don't get a cable to connect to your computer to down load photos so that is another expense. The one major thing I hate with this phone and I don't know if it happens with all phones is the amount of updates and every update changes your settings. I am sick of it I get my phone set and along comes another update. It has also started cutting out in the middle of calls. On reflection writing this I realise how much I am well and truly over this damned phone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ehh I mean it functions

Coming from the IPhone 6s don't do it!!! Only pros, long battery life, charges quickly & photos don't take up storage they are saved on the Google Drive. Cons, apps randomly crash so you have to uninstall and reinstall them, I have it turned all the way up & I can barely hear it, you can't see your phone when its sunny outside- its not like the IPhone & you can turn up the brightness to see it better- so it defeats the purpose in the quality of the camera, doesn't hook up to my 2013 Escape & the charger isnt a usb so you have to get extra adapters. you also can't just go to Best Buy & get cases you have a limited selection I got mine off Amazon. & the tempered glass cases on these only last a few months. Nice try Google. I thought the only difference was you can customize it more really & its not as user friendly. not that its poorly made.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Bad charger and Telstra wouldn't it with warranty.

I got the google pixel 2 XL 2 months ago, I like the phone, but one day it stopped charging. Took it to telstra and they said the charger (included with the handset from google) was faulty, and because it was over 30 days the warranty on accessories is void! I queried this, and they said the handset has a longer warranty, but anything else, (charger or headphones) is only 30 days.

How is this possible Telstra????? I wouldn't get another google phone solely based on this.

I think mines a dud

I loved this product and researched extensively prior purchase
The next day Telstra network went down so had plenty time to navigate phone
I opened the box to charge the phone and charger didn't work
I returned it and was given a Telstra loan charger - late May and constantly asked yet never received an email or call stating it was fixed 5 days later but I stead told not ready
This was a brand new product and the phone itself doesn't work properly yet told, despite a brand new charger not working, to use it's own internal diagnostics as phone was fine.
I also asked how much to repair a surface scratch and was quoted 500 dollars

I should have known better than to buy any product threw Telstra. I believe my phone is a dud. A phone I love have used the pixel 1 and despite me making ever effort

La

Date PurchasedMay 2018

An awesome mobile phone, Google at its best

I was using a Samsung phone, thought to upgrade to Pixel 2 XL, made a right decision, cant be happier, awesome beast, no lagging, lightning quick, great camera quality.

Pretty easy to operate, its all linked with google, makes life easier.

Only downside is no slot of expandable memory card option, its bit shame.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Changed from Apple and so glad I did!

I won't lie, I was nervous to leave apple after 8 years. But the change over to pixel was so smooth. It's the best phone I've ever had. Intuitive, easy to use, amazing camera, the data migration from IPhone was a breeze, super light weight, great integration. Love it! Best

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dead in less than 8 months and poor after care service

My pixel 2 was dead in a morning after less than 8 months of use. Bought from JB Hi-Fi who waved how great the phone was and how great google is with after care service. Now the moment of truth revealed, the google after service is very difficult and poor and lengthy.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Almost perfect

I have Pixel 2 XL

Pros:
- Excellent camera specially when you compare the photos with other flagship phones.
- The battery lats longer than a day.
- Good display quality.
- Great performance.
- Amazing features like squeeze for assistance, scroll using finger print sensor, auto detect songs, always on display, etc.
- Priority android updates
- Dash charging
- Nice form factor, everything is where it should be, very easy-to-use and user-friendly.
- High quality audio and video recording

Cons:
- Bluetooth headphone sometimes doesn't connect quickly until I restart the phone. It happens very rarely though, maybe once in a month.

Love it

Such a great and compact phone. I had an iPhone previously and this one totally stacks up against it. The speakers are clear and very easy to hear. It's very user friendly and easy to navigate. Excellent value for money and will definitely purchase again. Takes a great photo too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

My Old Phone Died,i needed one real quick..

i was working as Santa last Xmas,my mobile got soaked in my little santa bag,so i had to buy one urgently,got a Google Android,it's going good now a few months on,but it has been very confusing trying to get used to it,i'm not a lover of mobiles now that i'm 70,but they are handy for keeping in touch with family,my Google is going very well now,i have added a memory card so it can do all it's functions,it was a reasonable price also,my provider showed me how to get all it's functions right so now i'm Loving it,i would Recomend these Google Androids to anyone looking for a reasonable priced mobile phone

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Easy to use, great camera! simple transition from iphone

I purchased this phone on contract through telstra at JB Hi-Fi. It came with a free Google Home Mini as well which I absolutely love. The display is crisp and clean, camera is amazing. Love the built in google assistant feature. Great battery life compared to my old Iphone. Took a bit of getting used to with no button on the front like an apple...but overall the transition as been smooth. The phone feels sturdy and comfortable to hold and use. Not had a single problem with it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Amazing

Best phone I have ever used, best camera I barely take out my DSLR any more. Google support has also been fantastic. Highly recommended to anyone looking for something that just works and won't slow down like Samsung's after a year or so. Can't wait for the pixel 3 very happy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Stock android + killer camera = great phone

On my old phones I was always downloading launchers to "clean up" the UI, but since getting into the Google phones I haven't done it once. Coming with stock android, the UI is intuitive and clean, and lacks all that unnecessary bloatware that the big brand flagship phones come with nowadays. The camera works beautifully during the day, capturing vibrant colours in HDR mode and can even be utilised at night to get sharper low-light photos. The phone charges super quick; I often leave it at my bedside overnight and charge it in the morning before work and it goes from > 15% to 75%+ in 20/30 minutes. The downside? No headphone jack! I love this phone, but I wish they didn't take away the headphone jack.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Making the switch to Android? Don't.

I've been using my Pixel 2 for 6 months now and after my experience with this phone I will not be buying another Android again. The phones battery life is about as good as my old iPhone 6 plus (which is a very old phone). The screen is VERY sensitive and scratches very easily, so USE A SCREEN PROTECTOR. I've scratched it by simply cleaning with a cloth. ALOT of apps do not work on it. If you want to try out an Android, get a Samsung, this phone is simply not compatible with alot of apps AND wireless gadgets (this phone wont connect to my smart products). It probably has one of the best phone cameras out there, but that is about it. I'll be switching back to Apple when they release their next phone.

nice, reliable

nice, reliable, no complaints here. Takes some getting used to if used to a apple phone as it is very different. sometimes I find there is a bit of lag or the screen is actually too sensitive to the touch. good storage capacity and excellent camera. Google is better than apple.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great phone

I had upgraded to this phone from an iPhone and wow for a Google run phone it's pretty great.Phone is fast colours bright camera quality like a digital camera great battery life and fast to charge great for playing games ect very durable phone I am very happy with this phone and my purchase .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing phone, wish I switched sooner

Love this phone! So user friendly, everything just makes sense. Can easily organise my life and get all apps I need without the worry of lack of storage or constant system upgrades. Camera is amazing, best quality I've seen in a phone. Hard to purchase cases and accessories but overall wish I had given the iPhone up ages ago.

Phones smarter than me

I've always had xperias but I'm pretty hard on phones and the guy at the Telstra shop recommend me this phone. I've absolutely loved it has the best camera I've ever used gets awesome motion shots. They even placed the finger print sensor in the perfect spot to unlock your phone with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent Android Phone

This is a near perfect Android phone in my opinion. No bloat, just Android as it should be. I went from an old Huawei to this and it was a huge upgrade for me. The screen is just straight up beautiful to look at and its got the power to make all browsing silky smooth. I have literally never ad and freeze ups or hangs with this. Used to happen all the time with my old phone. Good maps are excellent too, the satellite locks immediately most times. Battery life is good but depends entirely on your use.The only downside is no headphone jack. I rate this phone and would recommend to to anyone. Its near faultless.

Great phone

Love this phone. Light but good size, fast, excellent battery life, quick to charge, perfect screen sensitivity and colours. Initialy was worried that it's a bit too narrow - should not have, as it's absolutely fine - can watch videos and read everything without a problem. Pure Android without bloatware and skins; everything just works. Finger print security access is really useful. Chose "kinda blue" colour for easier spotting inside my purse.

Date PurchasedApr 2018