GoPro Hero8 Black

GoPro Hero8 Black

See the Best Action Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GoPro? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.3

Good product but Service is questionable

Camera itself provides quality images but soon battery did not work after several weeks. Got the battery replaced through the shop. Then after a while battery did not work again. Had to rely on plugged in power bank. Contacted Support 3 times but nobody responded. There are 2 options for support - "request callback" or "start a chat". When you click "start a chat", nobody contacts you. When you click "request callback", they just say an agent will contact you within 24h but nobody did contact me.

I wish support would have been better

Purchased in January 2021 at camera house for $538.00.

Stephmates
StephmatesPeel, WA

Recording quality is fantastic, great size and compact, look forward to capturing memories

Purchased in July 2021 for $380.00.

Other Action Cameras

Solid Product

You're getting your money's worth on this one. There are so many fantastic mounts & adapters that make this a good investment. The protective lenses are pretty easy to crack when you're out on the road, but luckily they're cheap to replace. I would recommend that anybody concerned with audio buys a RODE Mic with a GoPro adapter and compatible housing, because unfortunately the in-built microphone isn't fantastic. Everything else is great, though.

JinxD
JinxD

GoPro Hero Black 7 and 8 issues

I have had 2 gopro hero 7 cameras replaced due to stopping recording and not turning on. I was offered an upgrade to the Hero 8 Black and now I'm on my 3rd one as they also keep stopping during recording and then they will not turn on.
I have been trying to contact gopro for help via their product help page but every time I try I get a message saying they are busy and to try again. I have to put in all the details again and again and again as it will not refresh the page without loosing everything.
Very disappointed with the products and their support.

Purchased in January 2018.

Action Cameras

Find out how GoPro Hero8 Black compares to other Action Cameras

Kapitoshka
KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

What is hype all about? Surely I miss something...

Purchased in June 2020 for $499.00.

Adam
AdamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The best a man can get...

extremely easy to use 4K digital CAMERA..
I love it there is nothing better than a gopro...
Came with 64 g sd card free with camera
No in the process of buying accessories for the hero 8

Purchased in January 2020 at blackhawk international for $549.95.

kevin t
kevin tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is a real upgrade compared to Hero 7

I have used Hero 7 before but the latest Hero8 from Gopro is amazingly good. I love the HyperSmooth stabilization. It works wonders and you can see it from the playback. There is something that I would love gopro to fix: The quality of photos and the quality of the video in dark environment.