Gordigear Explorer Plus

3 questions from our users

Keith Lyon

Keith Lyonasked

Explorer Plus

Not familiar with this tent,can anyone tell me the thickness of the matress, thanks in advance.

Swoffa
Swoffa

It is the thickest of all the tents at 8cm, plus has a waterproof edge wrap so it doesn't touch the canvas sides. I find it a bit too hard so have added a 3cm egg crate topper pad, perfect.

duststorm

I can't recall the thickness but it was comfortable. I suggest to buy a mattress topper which will provide additional comfort.
We slept better than at home on an expensive mattress.

Tension Wrench

8cm. Very comfortable. Best thing is that it is a 4 season tent.Most of the are 1500 -3000mm water head rating but Gordigear is 10,000mm. Had mine 5 years would by again but with all the spare parts it will live forever.

Hazz

Hazzasked

Explorer Plus

just wondering about bugproofness. looking at cheaper options, this is a problem at the base where pole supports are and along zip and awning rail, there are gaps.
everyone has 5 star reviews here but no-one mentions about bugs.

duststorm

We used it for close 10 years and we cannot remember having any trouble with any insects.

Tension Wrench

I've had mine for 5 years and I haven't had a bug problem.

seamusasked

Explorer Plus ERT16

I got mdc camper , want get rid of the top and put a ert16 roof top ..will the combo work?

ElChappo
ElChappo

I'm not familiar with "mdc". But you can mount a rtt on almost any roof rack bars.

seamus

Not a help .. mdc camper trailer

Gordigear Explorer Plus