Gorman

Gorman

Brand Manager for Gorman? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Terrible experience

Unlike anyone online store I have ever bought from BEWARE you CANNOT receive a refund from this store. You are only given store credit. I’m a size 14. Bought 2 dresses came to a high $366. Checked the sizing and bought as suggested. Dresses were huge- even the small (given I’m a healthy 14) was too big. When I returned was told they only give a store credit. Absolutely disgusted with the theft of my money. I do not ever want to shop here again and am down $366.can’t believe a Australian store would have such a archaic policy.

HB
HBAustralian Capital Territory

Crappy returns policy

In comparison to other online stores, their returns policy is stuck in dark ages. The store assistant didn’t know how to return a garment bought online, so tried to pass the buck by claiming there was makeup on the garment (there wasn’t). Experience was topped off by being issued a gift voucher by the online store instead a full refund as requested. Their returns policy will not allow you to get a full refund on something that’s on short-term promotion (I get it for things on clearance, but short-term promotion? Come on guys). I won’t be coming back - I’ll spend my money where a decent returns policy is offered (and the shop assistants are nice ☹️).

Terrible returns policy - ignore seems to be the standard response.

I ordered a set of 3 ceramic pots online. They arrived broken because they were not bubble wrapped. I rang and the woman said to email a photo, so I did. They emailed back asking me to return the broken pots! I said no because it is a waste of my time and money sending back something that is broken and not my fault. They haven't responded and have not sent a replacement. Disappointing and not ethical or respectful. Not shopping there again.

Love the patterns!

I have a local sore. Expensive overrated clothing. Quality not there. Service is young chatty bright. I feel as an older Aussie that wears colour bright florals etc, the dresses look childlike. Sold all my Gorman but do like their funky jeans! Need pull on for comfort!

Becs Y.
Becs Y.Canberra 2600, ACT

Shambolic business that does not have follow up customer service

I ordered some pots online and one pot arrived without the accompanying dish. I have tried to contact Gorman and I have heard nothing back. Expensive pots, I would expect better customer service. Don’t waste your time. They’re too expensive to not have a customer service team that will follow up with you if you have an issue. And judging by their overall score I would say lots of people have had the same experience. Steer clear!!

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

WARNING! NEVER BUY from Gorman

Scott
ScottIllawarra, NSW

Terrible customer service

Orded an item before Christmas that got 'lost' by Australia Post (who admitted it was their fault), when Gorman finally agreed to send another item they sent the wrong one.

Now they want me to send the incorrect item back first for their returns team to understand the problem. Hello, the problem is bleeding obvious.

I have requested a refund and am still waiting on a reply. Looks like I will be doing a charge back.

Grali
GraliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ticked off and will never shop here again!

The clothes can have interesting designs but the quality is so so, with garments seeming to fade quickly. I did used to buy regularly at this shop but after receiving some terrible customer service I won't ever be back. I ordered a raincoat on-line for Christmas and only found out a couple off months later when I first wore it that the store had left the security tag on. I went in store and asked them to remove it and essentially got the 3rd degree as if I'd stolen it, as by that stage I'd deleted the receipt. I was practically in tears and then got told off be the shop assistant as I'd made her uncomfortable, apparently. Customer complaints are useless too. Buyer beware if you go here.

Amy
AmySydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I ordered an item and paid $10 postage to receive it. 3 weeks later I was sent the wrong item. I tried contacting Gorman Online about their mistake twice before they finally responded to me. They just told me to send the item back. No help was given in being sent the item I actually ordered. When they finally processed my return, they refunded me what I perceived to be less than what I had paid. I rang them three times before they picked up and was quite rudely told I had received less because they'd taken a welcome discount off my purchase. At no point have they taken responsibility for sending the incorrect item to me or tried to get me the item I actually ordered. Really poor, impersonal service. Not what they used to be.

Katherine
Katherine

Terrible service for resolving their fault

Christmas present order never came

My husband ordered me the jumpsuit I wanted for Christmas, yay! I was so excited. 2 weeks after he placed the order we hadn't received the jumpsuit. He hadn't had any communication from Gorman, so I asked him to follow it up. A few days after his enquiry, it was answered saying sorry they had sold out and would refund the money. Dissapointing that; 1. He was able to order and pay for a product they didn't have any more of ( most likely his order just got lost and by the time he followed up they had sold out) 2. That he had to follow up on this rather than Gorman letting us know. I have previously ordered from Gorman online and remembered it taking time to arrive.

Iris
IrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gorman needs to step up their game!!! Bad policies, use of birthday codes

Still waiting for products. No-one answering emails.

I purchased two items two weeks ago totalling over $300. They have not been dispatched yet. I have sent two emails enquiring what the delay is and had no response. No one answers the customer service phone line either. Really poor, unacceptable customer service. I am currently wondering if I am ever going to receive my products.
It's a shame Gorman because I love your clothes, but based on this experience and the fact that my previous purchase took 6 weeks to arrive, I won't be shopping online with you again.

Christine
Christine

Awful customer service.

Must pay for postage to receive your product and return your product. I’ve now wasted $45 on this. The products are sized really oddly and you can’t try them on in store because they don’t have half of them in store.

Mel
MelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service “0”

Ordered a pair of shoes and a face mask mid October. I received the shoes within a week and have been following up the face mask ever since. Finally receive an email after weeks of back and forth with their service area and while they apologised for the delay, they provided me with a store credit for less than what I paid. I guess it’ll take another 2 weeks to get this sorted now. Has completely put me off purchasing anything from Gorman online and probably from in store.

Read more reviews - page 2

Sorbet
Sorbetasked

Have there been any improvements with their shipping/customer service? It is odd as Gorman is owned by Factory X who also own Alannah Hill & Seed - have not had these sort of issues with these two labels though.

Mata Hari
Mata Hari

Worst online shopping experience ever! Slow to ship out items, had to chase this up. Sent a return, it was delivered there over a week ago & I had to ring to find out what was going on as I had not received a notification, only to be told that they had given me an online credit a week ago. Yes the customer has to chase these things up. Gorman only give a credit valid for 3 months for return of sale items which is against consumer law, and the the sizes between garments vary. So not a great shopping experience at all. See my recent review above.

Romey
Romey

Factory X doesn't own SEED fyi :) Gorman has amazing product but its outdated in service and processes. Buy in store or don't bother. If they don't have in stock they will source from stores.

Victoria E
Victoria E

My last two orders (10/17 and 11/17) both took 2 full weeks to ship. Not to arrive, mind you, but to *ship*.

CategoryPhysical Shops, Footwear Shops & Brands and Clothing Shops & Brands