Greater Bank Branches

Greater Bank Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fraudulent charges for facebook ads not placed. Already 30 days. They ask for extension

2 Fraudulent foreign charges appeared on savings account statement Totalling aud$400.00. The branch cancelled the card and said it would be investigated.

It has been 30 days since the fraud. Now received a letter asking for an extension. The letter states
"the ePayments code states that cardholder disputes are to be settled within 21 days however, we require and extension of time to settle this matter"

The letter arrived 30 days after the fraudulent charges.

With Westpac I know that fraudulent charges are credited immediately. Been without these funds for 30 days already.

I am submitting this with the authority of a high school student who is a recent migrant with poor English.

It appears the credit card was counterfeited or hacked from a website and used by a scammer who is placing facebook ads. All they have to do is ask facebook what country the order came from. This is also an indicement on facebook for accepting this transaction.

As this is a Visa card i am surprised they did not flag the fraudulent transactions.

It appears the Greater's systems are not protecting customers and they are very tardy about returning money.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Difficult staff

Most of the staff at the Greater are lovely however there is one very difficult staff member who is often at the Hamilton branch. My first encounter was when making an over the counter transaction, I was asked for my driver's licence which the teller then recorded. I told her I did not like my licence number being recorded and asked what the purpose was. She said it was to verify who I was. I did not understand how writing it down verified who I was. I had my key card, the payment I was making was to a card in the same name as my main account and viewing my licence which has my picture and my address should have been sufficient. She advised me she could record it if she wanted to. I found this rather rude. I made a complaint to the Greater and was assured the teller had been spoken to, a note had been put on my account not to record the licence number and that I would not experience this again. A few weeks later and the same teller is on. I tried to avoid her but had no choice. I was transferring from my bonus saver to my account (both linked) I showed my licence and that was not good enough, she wanted it handed over. I said to her you are not to record my licence number there should be a note on my account. She then said Oh I know who you are and told me if she wanted to record it she would. She then went on to say how I could be fraudlently withdrawing my money, really my own money. She then said she had to verify the signature (evidently a signature expert) I questioned this as my signature should be on the bank's records. Again I raised this issue with the Greater and the explanation received was insufficient. Evidently they do random licence checks.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions