Greater Bank

Greater Bank (page 2 of 3)

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (5)
    • Loan Application (5)
    • New Account (2)
    • Credit Card Application (1)
    • Business Banking (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

False misleading

I was on their site and they have live chat. So I asked about a small loan to help me move, while I am on disability. The live chat correspondent stated they do loans for people in my situation. But after a long stuff about and reducing the loan amount I originally asked for, no matter what, they weren't going to approve.

Munish Goyal

Munish GoyalHunter Region, NSW

Terrible experience

One of the trash bank in Newcastle area. Don’t worry about caring the current customers. Never never never bank with Greater.

A very stressful process

Preapproved for loan for 100000 we had 260000 deposit on a 340000 house. After contracts were exchanged Toronto branch cancelled the loan for no good reason they had mentioned previously so we have 2 days to find a new loan. We spoke with regional management instead of a loans manager and all was rectified. We have been assured all is good for the loan now. Very stressful to have exchanged contracts and be told the loan wasn't approved not an experience I will ever want to repeat.

A great bank, excellent customer service.

The staff are always very friendly. I found the refinance process simple and easy. Swapping to Greater Bank has saved me a substantial amount of money.

LozIllawarra, NSW

Poor treatment

steve64

steve64

Pretty good overall

Joined Greater Bank around 2 months ago, and so far find them pretty good.
Service from Newcastle based call centre is really good, no waiting 20-30 mins like others, English speaking staff.
Accounts are on a par with majors, free access to Westpac ATM network, transaction fees can be fairly easily avoided or reduced.
Interest on Bonus Saver is a bit low for that type of account, but not the worst rate around.
App is very good, you can do most things through it.
I'm just hoping they will start doing investment home loans again soon and I'll be applying.
A few more branches in metropolitan Sydney wouldn't go astray either.

Shrijana

ShrijanaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fraud bank

Careful careful with GREATER BANK. My 700 has been taken off by this bank fraud member even I have proof this so called bank cannot work it out.
Now in Australia this would be great if everyone start up this business so the responsible organisation doesn't take any action.
Greater Ripping Bank.

Fantastic customer service.

I have been in contact with Malcolm in the Call Centre, and he has been super attentive and helpful. Although I haven't worked out a loan just yet, I appreciate the effort he has gone to. I am happy with the service thus far and wish for great service to be rewarded.

Furious

FuriousNewcastle

The so called Greater deserves a minus rating.

Where do I start from double dipping fees that do not exist according to all the Greater's information on fees, to charging a default fee when the mortgage has been paid etc etc etc a change of name is really in order as they are anything but great.

Wizzy

WizzyNSW, 2321

I understand why they are called the GREATER

Originally we were with the Greater, then we saw a Mortgage Broker and swapped. It took us years to be able to get back to the Greater but when we did, we breathed a sigh of relief. We've been back with them for over 10 years, and they are fabulous. We don't have any worries with them at all. They even replaced funds after we were scammed! Thank you to the Greater.

cilla

cillaHunter Region, NSW

Good service

Good service from this bank I have never had a problem with them in my day to day banking and phone banking is exellent will always deal with them

Jay Penava

Jay PenavaGold Coast

Perfect bank for criminals

One of your customers has defrauded me $700 and despite all my efforts to pass on all information to your fraud and securities department (including ACORN reference numbers) I've been told that there is nothing you as a bank can do and that it is up to the police to chase that money up.

Now, the $700 aside that you allegedly can not give back to me despite all my evidence, I'm wondering how many dishonest / fraudulent / criminals in general you support as a financial institution?

Also, how is it that you have no powers to retrieve those funds when i have all the evidence in the world to show that your customer is a fraud?

Great home lone

personal interest like no were else , focused on needs and multiple options given to a customised level , personal appearance and demeanour always positive !

taking money without permission

i am sick of this bank allowing companies that ive never heard of taking money from account and me being a customer that cant offer them anything because im not rich
they took the side of a company in denmark..very dissapointed after explaining i gaf bills. i got 268 in my account they still allowed the 75 to go out..shame on them

Kimmi

KimmiPort Macquarie

Your new adds are terrible

Not just myself, but almost all I work with see your newer adds and change channels. The lady is just not your usual informative adds. Her voice, walk the whole package. She's probably a nice lady, But I now change your add every time I see it because I cringe. Bring back the old afds. They were simple, no fuss and to the point. Now I only see this lady and strongly dislike thsese adds.

Very efficient and helpful

We were interested in a home loan and the Greater were by far the easiest and most efficient to communicate with - started chatting to a rep online who then emailed me all of the info which made things much easier when you work a 9-5pm job and can't really have long phone conversations through the day. The other draw cards were the great rate and the local branches that open Saturday mornings!

eardleyAU

Be careful ifyou have a "Bonus Saver" account with them. The change minthly interest rate without no

Had a "Bonus Saver" account with them with an interest rate of 2.8% & never received any notification that they were dropping the rate to 2.7% , found out the news when I noticed reduced interest amount paid for Feb 2016.
Now wish I hadn't partially returned to them. On the lookout for a financial institution that the GBS used to be plus I don't like this affilation they have with Westpac & St George.
I've spoken to several other people with this GBS account & they also were notified! Spoke to a staff member also who verified this.

leah

leah

confused

i am 25 yrs old i have been a greater customer since i was 14. i have a access and a savings account. i earn $1000 a week so how come when applying for a creidt card the maximum limit i was given was $2000? i tried to increase the limit but got turned down. i have to say im very close to changing banks not just because of this but because of the very limited atms around! not happy

Rob

Rob

Misleading Product

I enquired online to see if these guys can do an interest only loan for owner occupied. The website already advertised they could.
I got a call from them a few days later, asked them again they said "yes, no problem."
Then I enter into the process of giving them every piece of financial information about me, a lot of information I found borderline intrusive, as I had never been asked for this level of info before. Seemed to more and more and more.
Finally I get a call from them, saying they will only do principle and interest loan.
After weeks of stuffing around I was furious, this was my only question from the start!

RJK