Greater Bank

Greater Bank (page 2 of 3)

Branches, Online

Annie

Annie

No so great

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Ricardo and Andres

Ricardo and AndresMid North Coast, NSW

Not so great after all!!!

TopicLoan Application
bjs01

bjs01Nowra

Rude Teller, Greater Bank, Nowra Branch.

Nathan S

Nathan SNewcastle

Terrible "Bank"

I joined The Greater with my home loan and other banking needs when they were a building society. I recently tried to re-negotiate a better deal with my fixed home loan expiring. Greater Bank had no interest in helping me get a better deal and still had the hide to charge a package fee for no frills products. I ended up getting a far better deal with one of the "big 4 banks". However, The Greater still "lost" the paperwork from my new financial institution which caused delays and still had the hide to charge me their package fee for another year even though I left.

Definitely don't recommend The Greater.

Lunchy

LunchyHunter Region, NSW

SNAKES!!!!!

I have had my house loan for about three years with no issue. But even after advertising there not like the big banks they still put interest rates up even though the RBA has them on hold. How do these people sleep at night just screwing over families while they complete a money grab!!! Shame on you Greater I will be changing my home loan ASAP

Getting a Mortgage so slow

Have banked with the Greater for 7 years and always found their customer service to be really good. However, when recently applying for a new mortgage everything seemed to be so slow. Despite us being pre-approved for the same amount less than a year ago and holding other loans with the bank and having a good credit history. We were frequently asked for additional documents to be submitted urgently. There seemed to be staff away on holidays, training, not in because it was Friday afternoon whenever we called to try and speed things up. Disappointing service.

bebe26

bebe26Sydney, NSW

Terrible is not the word

Don't go close to them, It says they do unsecured loan, after application, they call and talk and later say they can't do unsecured.

False misleading

I was on their site and they have live chat. So I asked about a small loan to help me move, while I am on disability. The live chat correspondent stated they do loans for people in my situation. But after a long stuff about and reducing the loan amount I originally asked for, no matter what, they weren't going to approve.

Munish Goyal

Munish GoyalHunter Region, NSW

Terrible experience

One of the trash bank in Newcastle area. Don’t worry about caring the current customers. Never never never bank with Greater.

A very stressful process

Preapproved for loan for 100000 we had 260000 deposit on a 340000 house. After contracts were exchanged Toronto branch cancelled the loan for no good reason they had mentioned previously so we have 2 days to find a new loan. We spoke with regional management instead of a loans manager and all was rectified. We have been assured all is good for the loan now. Very stressful to have exchanged contracts and be told the loan wasn't approved not an experience I will ever want to repeat.

A great bank, excellent customer service.

The staff are always very friendly. I found the refinance process simple and easy. Swapping to Greater Bank has saved me a substantial amount of money.

Loz

LozIllawarra, NSW

Poor treatment

steve64

steve64

Pretty good overall

Joined Greater Bank around 2 months ago, and so far find them pretty good.
Service from Newcastle based call centre is really good, no waiting 20-30 mins like others, English speaking staff.
Accounts are on a par with majors, free access to Westpac ATM network, transaction fees can be fairly easily avoided or reduced.
Interest on Bonus Saver is a bit low for that type of account, but not the worst rate around.
App is very good, you can do most things through it.
I'm just hoping they will start doing investment home loans again soon and I'll be applying.
A few more branches in metropolitan Sydney wouldn't go astray either.

Sri

SriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fraud bank

Careful careful with GREATER BANK. My 700 has been taken off by this bank fraud member even I have proof this so called bank cannot work it out.
Now in Australia this would be great if everyone start up this business so the responsible organisation doesn't take any action.
Greater Ripping Bank.

Fantastic customer service.

I have been in contact with Malcolm in the Call Centre, and he has been super attentive and helpful. Although I haven't worked out a loan just yet, I appreciate the effort he has gone to. I am happy with the service thus far and wish for great service to be rewarded.

Furious

FuriousNewcastle

The so called Greater deserves a minus rating.

Where do I start from double dipping fees that do not exist according to all the Greater's information on fees, to charging a default fee when the mortgage has been paid etc etc etc a change of name is really in order as they are anything but great.

Wizzy

WizzyNSW, 2321

I understand why they are called the GREATER

Originally we were with the Greater, then we saw a Mortgage Broker and swapped. It took us years to be able to get back to the Greater but when we did, we breathed a sigh of relief. We've been back with them for over 10 years, and they are fabulous. We don't have any worries with them at all. They even replaced funds after we were scammed! Thank you to the Greater.

cilla

cillaHunter Region, NSW

Good service

Good service from this bank I have never had a problem with them in my day to day banking and phone banking is exellent will always deal with them

Jay Penava

Jay PenavaGold Coast

Perfect bank for criminals

One of your customers has defrauded me $700 and despite all my efforts to pass on all information to your fraud and securities department (including ACORN reference numbers) I've been told that there is nothing you as a bank can do and that it is up to the police to chase that money up.

Now, the $700 aside that you allegedly can not give back to me despite all my evidence, I'm wondering how many dishonest / fraudulent / criminals in general you support as a financial institution?

Also, how is it that you have no powers to retrieve those funds when i have all the evidence in the world to show that your customer is a fraud?

Great home lone

personal interest like no were else , focused on needs and multiple options given to a customised level , personal appearance and demeanour always positive !