Greater Bank

Greater Bank (page 3 of 3)

Branches, Online

taking money without permission

i am sick of this bank allowing companies that ive never heard of taking money from account and me being a customer that cant offer them anything because im not rich
they took the side of a company in denmark..very dissapointed after explaining i gaf bills. i got 268 in my account they still allowed the 75 to go out..shame on them

Kimmi

KimmiPort Macquarie

Your new adds are terrible

Not just myself, but almost all I work with see your newer adds and change channels. The lady is just not your usual informative adds. Her voice, walk the whole package. She's probably a nice lady, But I now change your add every time I see it because I cringe. Bring back the old afds. They were simple, no fuss and to the point. Now I only see this lady and strongly dislike thsese adds.

Very efficient and helpful

We were interested in a home loan and the Greater were by far the easiest and most efficient to communicate with - started chatting to a rep online who then emailed me all of the info which made things much easier when you work a 9-5pm job and can't really have long phone conversations through the day. The other draw cards were the great rate and the local branches that open Saturday mornings!

Banks

Find out how Greater Bank compares to other Banks

eardley

eardleyAU

Be careful ifyou have a "Bonus Saver" account with them. The change minthly interest rate without no

Had a "Bonus Saver" account with them with an interest rate of 2.8% & never received any notification that they were dropping the rate to 2.7% , found out the news when I noticed reduced interest amount paid for Feb 2016.
Now wish I hadn't partially returned to them. On the lookout for a financial institution that the GBS used to be plus I don't like this affilation they have with Westpac & St George.
I've spoken to several other people with this GBS account & they also were notified! Spoke to a staff member also who verified this.

leah

leah

confused

i am 25 yrs old i have been a greater customer since i was 14. i have a access and a savings account. i earn $1000 a week so how come when applying for a creidt card the maximum limit i was given was $2000? i tried to increase the limit but got turned down. i have to say im very close to changing banks not just because of this but because of the very limited atms around! not happy

Rob

Rob

Misleading Product

I enquired online to see if these guys can do an interest only loan for owner occupied. The website already advertised they could.
I got a call from them a few days later, asked them again they said "yes, no problem."
Then I enter into the process of giving them every piece of financial information about me, a lot of information I found borderline intrusive, as I had never been asked for this level of info before. Seemed to more and more and more.
Finally I get a call from them, saying they will only do principle and interest loan.
After weeks of stuffing around I was furious, this was my only question from the start!

RJK

MickeNewcastle

The only Bank interested

Banks

Find out how Greater Bank compares to other Banks

They should treat existing customers as well as new ones

I have banked with the Greater forever and have 2 mortgages with them, I was very disappointed when i found out my interest rate was very high compared to the rates offered to new customers and that I'd have to pay $300 to change to the new 'loan product'. You'd think they'd advise existing customers of when better deals become available rather than keep them in the dark as cash cows while they reduce rates to entice new customers. Talk about being taken for granted.!
Nice uniforms.
Treat existing customers more poorly than new ones.

Cards

Rang to renew my cards and we were a little bit behind our home loan at the time, so got a person speaking to me not about renewing my cards but wanting to know exactly when we were going to make a deposit and I found him to be very rude in his manner, and then he hung up on me leaving me to have to call back so I could renew the cards. I called back straight away and got somebody else on line and there was no problems. Just left me feeling flat what I went through. There was no excuse for this kind of manner over the phone, it should have been handled with more proffession and I wouldnt even be writing this complaint.

cityofbluemtns

cityofbluemtnsNSW, 2786

I was with the Greater Building Society for many years before moving to Melbourne, my local branch was Penrith. I really liked seeing the staff that worked there, they were really friendly. Also, the products at the Greater Building Society was what I really wanted, but alas they are not in Victoria. If they were, I would join again.
The people that work there are amoungst the best people in banking.
They are not in Victoria, where I now reside.

Amethyst1912