Greenfield Standard Series

Greenfield Standard Series

17.5-32, 32 (Steel Deck), 25-32, etc...

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Miller O.

Miller O.North Queensland, QLD

good mower

so good cuts well engin starts straight away deck moves good and it think that this is in the good list of mowers to bye today go go go greanfild

Purchased in May 2019 for $5,000.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Ricky

Ricky

Absolutely the greatest

Traded a Rover Rancher that caused me a heap of trouble (only three years old) for the Greenfield Fastcut 32. Cut my mowing time almost in half and does and excellent job. I do my 2.5 acres in four bits (having a break and refuelling every break) mostly uneven but grassed. Check the oil and battery ever time it comes out of the shed and give the top of the cutterdeck a clean. Shés now done 486.9 hours and I've only replaced two batteries and a drive belt (Feb 2018). Goes back to the selling dealer every Feb/March for an annual service. Replace the blades on a regular basis (about $20) as required.
Cuts the grass beautifully and evenly. Wouldn't buy anything else.

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
Chris4469

Chris4469AU

Excellent mower.

Have owned this mower for 18 years and after all these years of abuse it just keeps going. Being in the mowing business I use it on extremely rough overgrown terrain and normal lawns on a frequent basis. It has rarely caused me any problem other than normal consumables (blades and occasional drive or cutter belt which are priced under $40 each) . Easy to maintain and repair and parts both genuine and aftermarket are always available. I use it on large and small blocks with beautiful results without a catcher. If a mulching plug is used be prepared to go through blades quite quickly but in all honesty no mulch plug is needed if you use a correct mowing technique. 10 out of 10 for build quality and cutting quality.

Date PurchasedFeb 2000

Pretty good but not as robust as advertised.

Purchased my Greenfield Fastcut 9 months ago. I've only had two issues with it and to be fair I drove and cut over some fairly rocky terrain. 1st problem is something blew a hole thorough my deck. 20 cent price hole, must have been a rock but to puch through the steel I was shocked. 2nd incident the main brake came undone. Sent it in for repairs 500 dollars later and a full service no more issues. Cuts nice and runs well. Not too bad on fuel. Not as robust as they claim but still decent. I'm happy with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Disappointing product, even worse customer service

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Alex6South-Eastern Region, NSW

I don't recommend Greenfield

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Dave James

Dave JamesAdelaide

Great for clearing ferral blocks and ok to poor at everything else

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not happy

Not happy

Good all round mower

I hope my mower doesn't go down the path of Sailor Sam though. Just gone 21 hours and the drive belt shredded itself. As soon as i walked into the dealership repair dept and said I've a problem with my mower the mechanic immediately said did ya shred a belt. He was surprised when i said it was my drive belt as he thought it was the cutter belt.
At 21 hrs and no other problem (apart from running over nylon bird netting that was my fault and cost me $100 to get the mechanic to untangle it) everything else is fine. I have to agree cleaning under the deck is a bit fiddly but i manage. I'll keep you posted.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sailor Sam

Sailor SamCasino

Chews up belts like there's no tomorrow

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Alyce VDH

Alyce VDHAU

Extremely happy with this beast.

Originally had a Toro zero-turn which was giving me issues with the single hard blade. Bought a new 17.5HP Greenfield 32'' deck. Works like a mini tractor and like it should. Knocks off uneven ground easily and gives a nice cut still. Purchased for $4800 brand new in Victoria, Australia. Only issue I have found is the deck is hard to clean. I have bought some car ramps so drive it up on so I can get the hose underneath to blast the grass off to prevent the steel deck from rust. Highly recommended, good Australian mower.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jo G

Jo GMelbourne, Victoria

Handles everything

Date PurchasedOct 2016

tony

tonycroydon

fast great mower had others wont go back greenfield is the best

tried other mowers rover and cox but greenfeild cuts mowing time in halve tall and short it handles it all i have mowed grass up to my waste and it turned it to lawn after two mows good on fuel easy to use tell every one how great it is

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Polly15

Polly15AU

Performed very well

Used our new ride on mower for the first time in grass about knee high and very thick. It handled it very well. Fuel tank is quite large and in these conditions, lasted about three hours before refueling. The only thing I would change would be the cutting height, as for this type of grass it was too low and thus caused more stress on the engine.
It was comfortable to sit on, but a little hot on the right hand foot. Understandable, due to the work it was doing.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
rusty

rusty

"Built for Australian Conditions"..... rubbish

You pay for Australian toughness which just isn't there. Cutter belt fell off after 5hrs. If you drive on any slope with the left side of the mower down it will belch smoke. Even slight slopes. Cutter disc is soft, got so damaged I had to replace after 50hrs. @ my expense!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great mower - After sales service lousy

Gr8 mower until belt jumped off - just 2 months old and 7 hours work. Apparently a design fault and easily fixed...except you gotta bring mower back ! Husband away. No ute or trailer. 50 k distance. Grass growing at a rate of knots. In my opinion after sales service POOR !
So...while my neighbor is mowing between downpours on his Rover ride-on, all I can do is watch with envy ! A great product let down by 2nd rate service. Shame.

Hour meter problems

2 months and waiting

We have been waiting 2 months for parts for the repair of out greenfield, we thought buying Australian made we wouldn't have this problem. Our local service guys say this not so unusual with greenfield. Will be looking at other brands to buy in the future. I wish we had know the problem with parts with greenfield mowers!

Mick

MickMayvale NSW

Bullet Proof

I have had many other ride on mowers from other much larger manufacturers and they don't even come close to this mower!

It can handle just about anything and the cutting deck doesn't break no matter how much rock and rough material runs through it.

It is most certainly not as pretty as some of the other mowers on the market but when it this tough i don't care what it looks like, i just want it to start and do a great job every time which it does.

I would buy another 1 if this ever stops.