Greenfield Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 17.5-32

Greenfield Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 17.5-32

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Miller O.

Miller O.North Queensland, QLD

good mower

so good cuts well engin starts straight away deck moves good and it think that this is in the good list of mowers to bye today go go go greanfild

Purchased in May 2019 for $5,000.00.

Product is used: Occasionally
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Absolutely the greatest

Traded a Rover Rancher that caused me a heap of trouble (only three years old) for the Greenfield Fastcut 32. Cut my mowing time almost in half and does and excellent job. I do my 2.5 acres in four bits (having a break and refuelling every break) mostly uneven but grassed. Check the oil and battery ever time it comes out of the shed and give the top of the cutterdeck a clean. Shés now done 486.9 hours and I've only replaced two batteries and a drive belt (Feb 2018). Goes back to the selling dealer every Feb/March for an annual service. Replace the blades on a regular basis (about $20) as required.
Cuts the grass beautifully and evenly. Wouldn't buy anything else.

Date PurchasedFeb 2008
Not happy

Not happy

Good all round mower

I hope my mower doesn't go down the path of Sailor Sam though. Just gone 21 hours and the drive belt shredded itself. As soon as i walked into the dealership repair dept and said I've a problem with my mower the mechanic immediately said did ya shred a belt. He was surprised when i said it was my drive belt as he thought it was the cutter belt.
At 21 hrs and no other problem (apart from running over nylon bird netting that was my fault and cost me $100 to get the mechanic to untangle it) everything else is fine. I have to agree cleaning under the deck is a bit fiddly but i manage. I'll keep you posted.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sailor Sam

Sailor SamCasino

Chews up belts like there's no tomorrow

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Alyce VDH

Alyce VDHAU

Extremely happy with this beast.

Originally had a Toro zero-turn which was giving me issues with the single hard blade. Bought a new 17.5HP Greenfield 32'' deck. Works like a mini tractor and like it should. Knocks off uneven ground easily and gives a nice cut still. Purchased for $4800 brand new in Victoria, Australia. Only issue I have found is the deck is hard to clean. I have bought some car ramps so drive it up on so I can get the hose underneath to blast the grass off to prevent the steel deck from rust. Highly recommended, good Australian mower.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

tony

tonycroydon

fast great mower had others wont go back greenfield is the best

tried other mowers rover and cox but greenfeild cuts mowing time in halve tall and short it handles it all i have mowed grass up to my waste and it turned it to lawn after two mows good on fuel easy to use tell every one how great it is

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Polly15

Polly15AU

Performed very well

Used our new ride on mower for the first time in grass about knee high and very thick. It handled it very well. Fuel tank is quite large and in these conditions, lasted about three hours before refueling. The only thing I would change would be the cutting height, as for this type of grass it was too low and thus caused more stress on the engine.
It was comfortable to sit on, but a little hot on the right hand foot. Understandable, due to the work it was doing.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

rusty

rusty

"Built for Australian Conditions"..... rubbish

You pay for Australian toughness which just isn't there. Cutter belt fell off after 5hrs. If you drive on any slope with the left side of the mower down it will belch smoke. Even slight slopes. Cutter disc is soft, got so damaged I had to replace after 50hrs. @ my expense!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great mower - After sales service lousy

Gr8 mower until belt jumped off - just 2 months old and 7 hours work. Apparently a design fault and easily fixed...except you gotta bring mower back ! Husband away. No ute or trailer. 50 k distance. Grass growing at a rate of knots. In my opinion after sales service POOR !
So...while my neighbor is mowing between downpours on his Rover ride-on, all I can do is watch with envy ! A great product let down by 2nd rate service. Shame.

See all Greenfield Standard Series reviews

Isit Just-iceasked

I bought a new Greenfield 32 Fastcut and the mower just didn't start. I found out that the solenoid needs replacing but there are no spare parts anywhere in Australia It has to come from overseas. Why are there no spare parts available when it's supposed to be an Australian company?

Ricky

Australian company making the mower but the workings (things that make it go) of the mower are probably all made overseas EG Briggs and Stratton engine. I find it very unusual that a brand new mower wouldn't start and needed a solenoid replaced. Maybe the dealer you purchased it from should have scavenged a solenoid from another new mower to get you going - very poor customer relations.

Chris4469

I can't imagine that the solenoid would not be available. Just about any aftermarket 12v starter solenoid should work and just about all mower repair shops should know this. Try Bill Jacksons Mowerland Bris. (07) 3355 9222

Isit Just-ice

Thank you for your advice and comments. You've been most helpful! I discovered that the starter solenoid is available in Australia as it is a generic part which fits a number of other ride-ons, but the fuel solenoid that's required is in fact a Briggs & Stratton part which is made in the US and is not readily available in Australia - It has to be ordered from overseas. Still can't believe that these spare parts aren't available in Oz as there are so many mowers with Brigs & Stratton motors. Thanks again.

Andrew

Andrewasked

G’day. Was using the battery on the mower to run the air compressor to pump up a tire. As I was using it the seat fell and I noticed smoke coming out near the battery and also from under the hood. Now when starting the engine will turn over enough but will not fire. Do you think this could now be a spark plug issue or something more like the electrics? Any help appreciated cheers.

Storm

Stormasked

My greenfield front wheels face outwards. What is wrong please?

Chris4469

This should help. The greenfield has the same steering setup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4uN2rUTVU

Get an answer from our members and Greenfield representatives

CategoryRide-On Mowers
Max Speed9 km/hr
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement500 cc
BrandBriggs & Stratton
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine NameBriggs and Stratton 4-Stroke 1 Cylinder OHV