Greenfield Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 21

Greenfield Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 21

4.0 from 1 review

1 review

Now 12 months on.....

I purchased a new Greenfield 34" with 21.5 HP Kawasaki to replace the old Evo 2, and unfortunately struck engine operating problems in the first 6 weeks. This was finally identified and resolved, it being a valve problem, and the mower is now 12 months old and back to a dealer for the 1st annual service. The mower operation is now faultless, it has plenty of power and makes mowing the 'rough' 1.5 acres around the home a pleasure. I would recommend a rugged Aussie built Greenfield, and will fit a grader blade to 'iron out' those rabbit diggings !

See all Greenfield Standard Series reviews

Snuggles14

Snuggles14asked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 21

What price for service on this mower? I am being charged $735.00, new battery oil change etc. Belts ok? I love my mower, I feel safe on it on any slope!!! Had a wild ride on an MTD 6yrs ago, brake failed so had to drive into a tree to stop. Best mower ever cheers Kathleen

Bert B

Holy smokes, that seems a little excess. Battery $100 at the most, oil $20 maximum, oil filter $15, fuel filter $10, air filter $20. They would change all above items, check over mower, replace blades which are $10-$15 a pair and it would be 2 hours labour at the most. I'm a automotive mechanic by trade and only do it part time now but still regularly work on mowers for locals around the area. I would think $400 should be a reasonable amount to charge.

Critterasked

Fastcut Twin Briggs & Stratton 21

The deck on my greenfield seems to be unstable causing uneven mowing.Ive tried adjusting it but can't get it to mow evenly, any ideas?

AndysFarm
    AndysFarm

Could be wear on deck mountings. Check manual for correct adjustment settings. Front of deck needs to be slightly lower than rear.

Critter

Thanks Andysfarm. I'm hoping not wear as the mower is fairly new but I'll check that its lower at the front.

Bert B

Also, a tyre lower in pressure than the others will cause uneven cutting. The best way to check is to park the mower on a nice flat piece of concrete and measure the distance that either side of the cutting deck is from the ground (make sure tyres are inflated evenly). Adjust deck if required