Greenfield Standard Series

Greenfield Standard Series (page 2 of 2)

17.5-32, 32 (Steel Deck), 25-32, etc...

3.7

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Hill / Slope Performance
  • Turning
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Hour meter problems

2 months and waiting

We have been waiting 2 months for parts for the repair of out greenfield, we thought buying Australian made we wouldn't have this problem. Our local service guys say this not so unusual with greenfield. Will be looking at other brands to buy in the future. I wish we had know the problem with parts with greenfield mowers!

Mick

MickMayvale NSW

Bullet Proof

I have had many other ride on mowers from other much larger manufacturers and they don't even come close to this mower!

It can handle just about anything and the cutting deck doesn't break no matter how much rock and rough material runs through it.

It is most certainly not as pretty as some of the other mowers on the market but when it this tough i don't care what it looks like, i just want it to start and do a great job every time which it does.

I would buy another 1 if this ever stops.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Greenfield Standard Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Not happy Jan,,,

Rubber skirt in deck chute,ripped in the first week, drive belt died at 40 hrs, sticking in forward motion and now sometimes in reverse, foot drive peddle broke off at attaching point. Been told the drive assembly is not a warranty claim at 150 hrs but have now realised by leaving the key in the ignition that it's probably only 60 or 70 hrs !!!!!!!!!!

Ando

Greenfield less than 2 yrs old, $5,400 traded for $600. to go back to a COX. Greenfield need to listen to their customers and get their dealers to do the same,,

Ando

Forgot to say,, new cork pads put on and 20 mins in to mowing and it started sticking in forward motion again, then whole drive train shat itself with left hand side bearing destroying itself,, still no warranty say's dealer,,

Now 12 months on.....

I purchased a new Greenfield 34" with 21.5 HP Kawasaki to replace the old Evo 2, and unfortunately struck engine operating problems in the first 6 weeks. This was finally identified and resolved, it being a valve problem, and the mower is now 12 months old and back to a dealer for the 1st annual service. The mower operation is now faultless, it has plenty of power and makes mowing the 'rough' 1.5 acres around the home a pleasure. I would recommend a rugged Aussie built Greenfield, and will fit a grader blade to 'iron out' those rabbit diggings !

I have always thought it better to by Australian if possible but after owning a Greenfield ride on n

PAUL from Sydney

PAUL from SydneySydney

GREENFIELD THE GREAT Paul Murphy Nov.25,2014

Bought the Standard Series with 500cc single pot motor and 32 inch cut.This combo on sloping ground with patches of thick bladey grass knee high, saplings 30mm thick 2 metres high,fallen sticks of all descriptions,general tough regrowth of all types--never a problem!This is the hardest work it will do ,now the 7 acres is re-civilised.I expect it will see me out ! You get a little understeer if you go too fast on tight turns with the solid drive axle..slow down a bit OK , ! Use on max height,no catcher. Leave the cuttings to help the soil.Re-cut the bladey grass when it rears up ! Don't cut going backwards downhill unless you have to...it's a tad disorienting at the controls.Don't rewire the seat cutout it's a good safety feature.

AndysFarm

AndysFarmHobart, TAS

Awsome Beast which will cut anything with ease

Purchased in December 2013 for A$5,100.00.

Product is used Weekly
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
scoota

scoota

Brilliant mowers

These things are perfect for the average block, they are tough, easy to use and will go just about anywhere. They also are small and this is a great advantage in getting between trees, gates or under things such as branches. I cannot recomend these things highly enough. they are more expensive than the equivalent hydrostatic mower but worth it
Great, useful tough mower
brakes would be useful for inexperienced operators

Ride-On Mowers

dx020406AU

Wish it wasn't so good

keryo1947
keryo1947

your research is much appreciated, Kerry

Ian_Fraser

Ian_FraserAU

So far so good

Bought a Greenfield after doing a lot of research. I have a sloping 2.5 acre block which was slashed some time ago. Purchased a 17.5 hp B& S with 32" cutting deck. It is a good combination and gets through the weeds and long grass quite easily. Well made and robust (few plastic parts). Somewhat expensive but it does what I need it to do.
Well built, solid, parts are relatively cheap. Could service it myself.
Expensive

Ajay40

Ajay40BRISBANE

Great all rounder

cowpen

cowpenAU

Great mower - tough and totally reliable

Chris
Chris

I agree entirely. This sums up my experience with my Greenfield on a similar size block. The tough reliability of the unit is amazing and where I mow I can't use a tractor to go.

See all Greenfield Standard Series reviews