GripGo

GripGo (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GripGo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Dont be fooled by Elite
Dont be fooled by ElitePeel, WA

G8 Till You Try To Use It In An Aussie Summer!

I got 2x, 1x still in its box. Mine worked well for a few months but then when it started to heat up, the pad turned to mush. Started taking bits off my phone cover. Tried cleaning pad but only got worse. Now when you use it it leaves residue on my phone cover and bits of my phone cover in the pad. Not happy..but no online and or other support to lodge claim and or complaint.
When it was new it worked well
After a couple of months use and change in weather (heated up) the green pad became soft and squishy.

Waste of money

Suction does not hold on windscreen and phone detaches itself from adhesive after 15 or so minutes...Do not waste your time and money,unless you want to drive your car and anticipate when the product is going to fall down and hopefully not damage your phone..False advertising and shame on the company for not road testing the product before release.Another example of taking advantage of the consumer.How dare they call the product GRIPgo?

_shane
_shaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

GripGo

Hopeless, not user friendly at all. The grip is too strong and to remove the phone you have to tilt it, get and edge and slowly detach it. Make sure the suction cup doesn't detach itself from the windscreen and also be very carefully of your phone/ cover. Use the old style, don't waste your time
Strong arm
Too slow to detach

Passable

We got the two for one deal. The one in my wifes car worked well but the one for my car wouldn't stick to the windscreen. It would only stay on for less than two days at a time then with the weight of the phone, it would fall off the windscreen. I thought about returning it but eventually I decided to fix it to the windscreen with a small amount of silicone. It is now a permanent fixture to my windscreen. Providing the green section is kept clean it works well now.
Fits every type of phone.
Suction cap didn't work.

xbaconator9000x
xbaconator9000xSydney, NSW

Genuinly fantastic!

Elster
ElsterWestern Australia

Waste of money

Lasted less than six months before it fell apart. It didn't grip well to begin with. Also the suction cup didn't adhere all the time. Then the gel grip started to come lose & leak. Within 6 months the gel grip is liquid & the pad completely detatched from the arm unit. I've got sticky goo all over my dash.

No online contact that I could find for the company.

The suction cup follow a part

In the two I had (special buy one get one for free that I just realize I paid at an expensive price of $50) the connection from the suction cup and the arm just follow apart with my phone on it. Luck I have a heavy duty cover.Did not last more than one week both.
The idea of the product for easy grip and easy remove of the mobile.
Don't work

Greg
GregLiverpool

Waste of money.

This item is just a gimmick. Bough today and it does not do as advertised.The suction cup keeps felling off the windscreen. Cleaned window 3 times and after 5 minutes the suction cup just falls off. The green section for the phone only holds phone for a few minutes then phone slides off. Cleaned again and the same thing it just falls off.
My old phone holder worked a million times but I replaced it as an arm was damaged. I would not waste my time again by buying this item.
Nothing.
Suction cup does not work. Phone holder does not work.

Rubbish

Hopeless and totally useless product. Does not hold a phone unless completely clear of dirt or grease. And it also broke. Suction cup works tho . . . . . but it's the only thing that did work. The Green goo just does not hold any device in place with confidence.
Suction cup. It sucks really well
The green goo did not hold any phone in place.

Rob coombs
Rob coombs

Useless product does not work phone keeps falling off sometimes whole green peace comes off with the phone. don't waste your money!!!

Bill
BillWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Garbage- Don't buy it

This product is garbage. My phone falls off it continuously. You'll be digging your phone out from under the seat and probably run up the back of a truck! The suction cup works fine, the green bit fails miserably. It fell of my stationary computer 5 times in 2 hours. Hate to see what a bumpy road will do to its adhesion.
The suction cup works fine
Does not work despite all the claims

bumpy roads r a nightmare ! ph falls off as soon as u hit a bump, even wedged tight between windscreen n dash it still falls off.... not good at all :P

JamesCosgrove
JamesCosgroveSydney, NSW

Rubbish - false advertising

As soon as I purchased this holder I had problems. I had no issue with the window suction cup, however the grip for the phone is like a sticky gel, not suction cups at all (they say "Acts like", so they are playing with words & images). The grip is that strong that when I tried to remove my Samsung phone, the arm came away from the ball joint. I then tried to remove the plate from the phone and it pulled the back off my phone. Also for the moment I had the phone mounted, parked in a car park, I tried to press a button and the phone moved. The ball joint is not secure enough to keep the phone in position. I purchased this from Big W, now reselling them from Global Shop Direct.
Hard plastic arms

sanj382
sanj382

playing with words and image?...they should be done for false advertising with intention to sell the product!

Jeff q
Jeff q

Grip go suction pad does not work

Bought 2 and they will not stick to the windscreen, returned them, but no repcement has arrived ??
The green pad works fine, but the suction for the window kept falling off. very dissapointed. Have rung 3 times for replacemrnt but am not getting any where. they have the units, back

It's great!

Have used this for months, holds my iPad without falling off on our [censored word removed] roads. Just got to make sure you get the real deal not the cheap rip offs. The suction cap needs to be wet for it to stick properly but that's like most caps these days. Great product and would easily recommend.
Gripped my iPad no problem

bms
bmsPerth, WA

Doesn't work

It doesn't work at all. The GripGo doesn't stick to either the plastic back of my Samsung or to my other iPhone for long at all and when the phone falls off, it usually lands at my feet where I least want it whilst driving. The suction cup isn't the best either, my $50 GPS sticks better than that. Don't waste your money on GripGo and just get a cheap NRMA or JB-Hifi phone holder.
Like the manoeuvrability of the arm.
Doesn't do its intended purpose and hold the phone!!!

peter
peterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

This simply doesn't work.My Nexus 4 phone will not stay gripped more than few minutes.This product is bad and should be pulled off the market. Also the suction cap does not stick very well. This product is now landfill. How can they get away with such a joke- should have realized from the shonky ad.

doesnt stick in real world conditions

steve.randAU

Just as advertised!

YA196
YA196Sydney

Absolutely Hopeless!

What a total waste of money!! Absolute [censored word removed]! It doesn't do what it claims to do and we bought the so-called original. Shame on you people for taking our money and not delivering on your word! I totally regret having bought this [censored word removed]. I have to give it to them though, they're advertising sucked me in.
People out there, do not buy!

The entire arm falls off the screen within minutes of driving, which is very dangerous. Also, washed the green "suction" and the phone still drops off just before the arm decides to drop off too.

Rubbish ... We should be given refunds..

Terrible product... A suction cup means it is meant to suction! Does not even stay on the window... This is a major product fault. Please don't waste your money... We purchased 4 ... They are all rubbish... I think the advertising is misleading and someone should address that. Poor product.
Nothing
Don't buy this product, global direct should be ashamed of this product

Dani
DaniBrisbane

Junk- do not waste your $$$$

Dodgy piece of junk. Worked great for about 4 weeks now it does not stick for more than 30 sec. Falls off when I'm driving. Have tried to rinse in water and then use, still no good.
Please don't waste your money on this. Notice the price of them has gone down because everyone has realised they are no good!
I liked it for the 1st month is worked great.
Only lasts 1 month. Useless piece of junk now- does not hold phone.

Lasted about long enough to not get a refund...

SallyAnnQuayle
SallyAnnQuayle
Greer Garlick
Greer GarlickPort Macquarie, New South Wales

dangerous!! dont buy

My phone wont stick to it,so when your on a long drive and need to use the gps u cant keep bending over to pick it up! Dangerous! I cant risk my daughters life by doing this,total fail of a product,save your money,dont ridk your families life by buying this product

borgunit
borgunit

If your device should fall off while you are driving, please pull over to the side of the road before you try to pick it up - for the safety of your passengers AND others on the road. Recovering your device is not worth someone's life!

chrismbroome
chrismbroomePerth, Australia

It actually works with the right phone

Grumpa

I agree; it is is a good product. Had a problem getting it to stick to my iPhone at first but bought a cover and now works fine. So good I'm buying another two for friends!

steve.rand

I had the opposite problem. It was absolutely perfect on my iphone, then I put a hard cover on it and I physically can't pull the phone off the green pad without ripping the whole thing off the window. TOO STRONG. =-o

Grumpa

Hi - hold the green pad with one hand and then twist the phone clockwise (or anti-clockwise) and the phone comes off.

GripGo - STAY AWAY!

Just received the GripGo and it is a total WASTE of money! Do NOT buy one! The suction mount does NOT work. It is a blatant waste of your hard earned $...STAY AWAY from the product. Please do NOT buy one...spend the money on any other product but this one!

Suction does not work!

Glenn d J
Glenn d JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product

Didn't work from day one, phone didn't stick and suction cap didn't stick to window. This product should be taken to consumer affairs . Slick ads sucked everyone in. Nothing like the ad. Foolishly threw box out so can't get refund, could just kick myself, must be stupid for trusting people, when will I learn .

SusiQ