GripGo

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GripGo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Was ok , for about 6 months

The green adhesive pad on mine has turned into a slimy soft gel after 6 months use. It started to get softer and leave Sticky film on the back of the phone, which was annoying when you had to put your phone in your pocket, fluff would stick to the back of the phone.

Serves its purpose

I really like this product. It serves its purpose very well. The sticky part gets a little too sticky after a while. But as to all other things in today's world, it has a shelf life. I used it on the daily but after a while, it slowly started falling apart. Buying another today, if I can find one.

Other Car Accessories

Great until ...

I used it for a year and then it became 'too sticky', the goo came off on my phone. But for $10 I guess that is a good deal. I am buying another one at Walgreen's today. My wife also got one and hers lasted about 9 months. We still love them.
very convenient and easy to use, I was able to 'clean' it several times and it kept working
eventually it got 'too sticky', after 9-12 months

Grip n So So!!!

I recently purchased the Grip n Go in car mobile phone holder, it's the one shown on TV where the man sticks his phone on it and hangs it out the window. Honestly I don't know why his phone looked like it was super glued on but I've found it to be not so grippy and would never trust it on a rough dirt road or with anything heavier than a small phone. I am disappointed with this product, I just thought it would have much more grip especially for bigger products like my GPS but that's TV magic for you, it's never as good as it seems on TV .
It's ok on smooth roads with light objects.
Not very grippy which is the whole point.

Car Accessories

Find out how GripGo compares to other Car Accessories

Dont be fooled by Elite
Dont be fooled by ElitePeel, WA

G8 Till You Try To Use It In An Aussie Summer!

I got 2x, 1x still in its box. Mine worked well for a few months but then when it started to heat up, the pad turned to mush. Started taking bits off my phone cover. Tried cleaning pad but only got worse. Now when you use it it leaves residue on my phone cover and bits of my phone cover in the pad. Not happy..but no online and or other support to lodge claim and or complaint.
When it was new it worked well
After a couple of months use and change in weather (heated up) the green pad became soft and squishy.

Lasted about long enough to not get a refund...

SallyAnnQuayle
SallyAnnQuayle
chrismbroome
chrismbroomePerth, Australia

It actually works with the right phone

Grumpa

I agree; it is is a good product. Had a problem getting it to stick to my iPhone at first but bought a cover and now works fine. So good I'm buying another two for friends!

steve.rand
steve.rand

I had the opposite problem. It was absolutely perfect on my iphone, then I put a hard cover on it and I physically can't pull the phone off the green pad without ripping the whole thing off the window. TOO STRONG. =-o

Grumpa

Hi - hold the green pad with one hand and then twist the phone clockwise (or anti-clockwise) and the phone comes off.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

TomPiazz
TomPiazzasked

How do I make the green surface it sticky again?

Mr T
Mr T

Wash with warm soapy water and allow to dry. I have found that you have to clean it often as it loses it's stickiness quickly.

Joe
Joe

I found it's not very sticky, and not as good as it is on TV no matter what I do. You can warm it up but it only works for a while, not as good as I thought!

Ryn
Rynasked

Mine and my partners sticky pad is so sticky it cannot be used.. I have cleaned them with no success... How do I fix this?

Throw it out...that's what I did as it became useless and left do much residue in my phone...

GripGo

This is a very bad product, I bought two, both are now in the bin. there are good phone holders out there online that give you value for your money, and have better solutions than that horrible stick pad, give GRIPGO a BIG MISS. Good luck C.J

Chris Leylandasked

It would seem that there is no easy way to contact the company directly for warranty. Other than contacting a reseller, is there a phone or email contact in Australia? Our 2 gripgos, have a manufacturing defect, the green sticky film has not been applied flat, causing a ridge in the centre, thus making the phone to slightly stand away from the surface. One is better than the other and sticks quite well for an hour or so, the other, is only minutes, if that. This may be the cause of other peoples problems...? i would like to try the direct distributor for replacement, rather than going through an on line shop, with little success.

bevanm
bevanm

Hi Chris
I purchased mine from Global Shop Direct and that is where I have returned them for a refund. I called them after having no luck with the on-line chat. Not sure who the distributer is if not them - sorry.

Chris Leyland

Hi Bevan, so far I haven't had much luck in contacting the online seller, so trying other methods of contact. Bit of a pity there is a problem, my step daughter and husband find them very good and we compared them, the green surface on theirs are perfectly flat, ours arn't.

Being made in China, I think the quality control has a lot to be desired. I also think that as there is so many comments, either very good or very bad, that this surface problem is probably the main problem. Also, the screen cleanliness seems to have a lot to do with the suction to the screen. Our same unit, sticks really well to one of our cars, and falls off the screen if it is slightly dirty, or has that "haze" that screens seem to get after a while. Comes off easy with window cleaner.

Anyway, back to contacting the supplier.