GripGo

See the Best Car Accessories in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GripGo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

genXreviewer
genXreviewerSydney, NSW

Inconsistent quality

I bought my first one 2 years ago, it was great, worked perfectly. It deteriorated over time in the sun, so Ive replaced as needed. In the last 6 Months the suction cups just don't stay on the windscreen. My GPS will, but these won't, no matter how clean it is or which part of the screen it's on.
I have 2 brand new ones which are doing this now.
The green stick pad is also not as good quality as the first ones I bought

Serves its purpose

I really like this product. It serves its purpose very well. The sticky part gets a little too sticky after a while. But as to all other things in today's world, it has a shelf life. I used it on the daily but after a while, it slowly started falling apart. Buying another today, if I can find one.

Great until ...

I used it for a year and then it became 'too sticky', the goo came off on my phone. But for $10 I guess that is a good deal. I am buying another one at Walgreen's today. My wife also got one and hers lasted about 9 months. We still love them.
very convenient and easy to use, I was able to 'clean' it several times and it kept working
eventually it got 'too sticky', after 9-12 months

gripgo

Havent had any problems, the surface size could be smaller as it is somewhat of a nuisance to remove my note 3. They should include a replacement or offer replacement goo stickers as ive read that in time it starts to break down.

Car Accessories

Find out how GripGo compares to other Car Accessories

Grip n So So!!!

I recently purchased the Grip n Go in car mobile phone holder, it's the one shown on TV where the man sticks his phone on it and hangs it out the window. Honestly I don't know why his phone looked like it was super glued on but I've found it to be not so grippy and would never trust it on a rough dirt road or with anything heavier than a small phone. I am disappointed with this product, I just thought it would have much more grip especially for bigger products like my GPS but that's TV magic for you, it's never as good as it seems on TV .
It's ok on smooth roads with light objects.
Not very grippy which is the whole point.

Passable

We got the two for one deal. The one in my wifes car worked well but the one for my car wouldn't stick to the windscreen. It would only stay on for less than two days at a time then with the weight of the phone, it would fall off the windscreen. I thought about returning it but eventually I decided to fix it to the windscreen with a small amount of silicone. It is now a permanent fixture to my windscreen. Providing the green section is kept clean it works well now.
Fits every type of phone.
Suction cap didn't work.

chrismbroome
chrismbroomePerth, Australia

It actually works with the right phone

Grumpa

I agree; it is is a good product. Had a problem getting it to stick to my iPhone at first but bought a cover and now works fine. So good I'm buying another two for friends!

steve.rand
steve.rand

I had the opposite problem. It was absolutely perfect on my iphone, then I put a hard cover on it and I physically can't pull the phone off the green pad without ripping the whole thing off the window. TOO STRONG. =-o

Grumpa

Hi - hold the green pad with one hand and then twist the phone clockwise (or anti-clockwise) and the phone comes off.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

TomPiazz
TomPiazzasked

How do I make the green surface it sticky again?

Mr T
Mr T

Wash with warm soapy water and allow to dry. I have found that you have to clean it often as it loses it's stickiness quickly.

Joe
Joe

I found it's not very sticky, and not as good as it is on TV no matter what I do. You can warm it up but it only works for a while, not as good as I thought!

Ryn
Rynasked

Mine and my partners sticky pad is so sticky it cannot be used.. I have cleaned them with no success... How do I fix this?

Throw it out...that's what I did as it became useless and left do much residue in my phone...

GripGo

This is a very bad product, I bought two, both are now in the bin. there are good phone holders out there online that give you value for your money, and have better solutions than that horrible stick pad, give GRIPGO a BIG MISS. Good luck C.J

Chris Leylandasked

It would seem that there is no easy way to contact the company directly for warranty. Other than contacting a reseller, is there a phone or email contact in Australia? Our 2 gripgos, have a manufacturing defect, the green sticky film has not been applied flat, causing a ridge in the centre, thus making the phone to slightly stand away from the surface. One is better than the other and sticks quite well for an hour or so, the other, is only minutes, if that. This may be the cause of other peoples problems...? i would like to try the direct distributor for replacement, rather than going through an on line shop, with little success.

bevanm
bevanm

Hi Chris
I purchased mine from Global Shop Direct and that is where I have returned them for a refund. I called them after having no luck with the on-line chat. Not sure who the distributer is if not them - sorry.