GripGo

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GripGo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

QLDZDR
QLDZDRBrisbane

i bought seven and gave them away as presents

I was paranoid about touching my phone to turn it off when it rang while driving. I saw friends fumbling around trying to do the same.
I took it upon myself to buy a bunch of these and save the world from phones in cars.
No one thanked me for the TOO Sticky Grip Go. I also found it so sticky that I had to peel my phone off carefully and sometimes I only touched the corner of my phone onto the green sticky stuff because it was easier to detach my phone.

Then it started to get gooey. The edge of the green stuff started to detach from the holder and I was using a bull dog clip to keep it in place.

These things aren't designed for the Aussie heat inside a car. They probably work fine in colder climates.

Do not waste money on this product

This product often falls off windshield constantly, the sticky part never work properly it came off the holder itself, my phone has fallen off many times, scratches on my phone now from falling, do not waste your money on this. So disappointed. Hope this will help other to consider before purchasing.

Won't Stay on Windshield

This product is garbage! The suction cup has imperfections so it falls off the windshield within minutes. There are no other mounting options in the carton. Surprisingly, it does hold a cell phone at any angle quite firmly. It has to be peeled off the platform. Horrible quality. Horrible product.

garbage

Same as everyone else. Phone didn't stick to it. And wouldn't stay stuck to the window pad either. Was in contact with the company and they said they would replace it. Sent them my info and 3 months later still haven't received anything. Very poor quality and very poor customer relations or rectifying anything on their part

Non stick

My phone won't stay stud to it for anything.. fresh from the box it fell.. wiped with warm soapy water.. fell in seconds. What is this.. I was so excited to try this and it don't work.. someone needs to make this right. If I knew it was like this I would of never purchased it.

Great product!

Loz
LozSydney, NSW

Sturdy

Surprised by all the other reviews.

I've found it very sturdy and sticky for phones with flat backs. Not so good for textured phones.

Still going strong for more than 2 years.

I like the solid arm mount too. Much better than those flexi arms which tend to break over time.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Darlene H
Darlene Hwainfleet

horrible product

bought this product, falls off windshield constantly, the sticky part came off the holder itself, my phone has fallen off many times, scratches on my phone now from falling. holding it on with an elastic until i buy a differnt holder, dont waste your money on this.

Steve F.
Steve F.AU

WORST PRODUCT EVER - DO NOT BUY - turned to goo in 6 months

The green adhesive pad on mine has turned into a slimy soft goo after only 6 months use. It started to get softer and leave small pieces stuck to the phone when I pulled it off a few months ago and by now it's totally useless green soft goo. What a disgrace, DO NOT BUY ONE.

Find out how GripGo compares to other Car Accessories

Waste of money- don't bother

I bought two, haven't opened the second one yet as the first one has been hopeless. The sucker doesn't stick and if it does it sticks for about 20 seconds then falls off. Not great when it constantly falls off during driving!!!Never ended up using it because nothing about it works. I'll be throwing them both out. Such a waste of money. Don't buy one.

Gordo
GordoSouth Australia

Rubbish

I bought one Gripgo, it seemed to work well, so I went back within the same day and got a second one.
Big mistake! This product is useless. It either drops the phone after awhile, or the whole thing drops off the window.
Useless rubbish!

Mr TMelbourne

Product should be called GripThrow

Wife bought 2 of these against better judgment. Cleaned the windscreen as per instruction and it fell off a couple times before sticking on. Sat my phone on and thought, this is great. Took phone off required a good deal of force to peel off. Too much force. After that the phone wouldn't stick properly. Cleaned the face as per instructions but never the same. Now phones keep dropping of intermittently. Save your money for a better product.

Jonboy
JonboyBaulkham Hills NSW

Worst product ever!

Received for christmas present. Originally, it was so sticky, it took both hands to remove the phone. A couple of times, the pad started to peel away from the holder. After a while I noticed the goo coming off on the phone case. The top and bottom of the pad is now a sticky almost liquid gel. Cant use it at all. I think it was bought from Woolies for me. What kind of customer service is there regarding this problem? Is this covered under a product warranty?

Badly made product

old fela
old felaBendigo

Sad to see good design go wrong

My wife bought this for me. The design is good and it fits well on the windscreen. I was happy with it till it got very sticky and started to shed the goo onto my phone. I washed it but it made no difference.I have had to stop using it as it makes such a mess
Works well when new
Becomes ultra sticky and goo gets onto everything it touches. I have not been able to access warranty

Grip go is baddd

I bought a grip go and we used it once and the phone fell of driving within 1 km from my house........piece of rubbish don't waste your money.....would the grip go company replace my phone if it had broken.....Probably not i bought it from Woolworth but I don't see how blaming where you buy it from is important.its the company that need to take responsibility .
It sticks to the window well
It doesn't stick to the phone.....

TomPiazz
TomPiazzasked

How do I make the green surface it sticky again?

Mr T

Wash with warm soapy water and allow to dry. I have found that you have to clean it often as it loses it's stickiness quickly.

Joe
Joe

I found it's not very sticky, and not as good as it is on TV no matter what I do. You can warm it up but it only works for a while, not as good as I thought!

Ryn
Rynasked

Mine and my partners sticky pad is so sticky it cannot be used.. I have cleaned them with no success... How do I fix this?

Throw it out...that's what I did as it became useless and left do much residue in my phone...

GripGo

This is a very bad product, I bought two, both are now in the bin. there are good phone holders out there online that give you value for your money, and have better solutions than that horrible stick pad, give GRIPGO a BIG MISS. Good luck C.J

Chris Leylandasked

It would seem that there is no easy way to contact the company directly for warranty. Other than contacting a reseller, is there a phone or email contact in Australia? Our 2 gripgos, have a manufacturing defect, the green sticky film has not been applied flat, causing a ridge in the centre, thus making the phone to slightly stand away from the surface. One is better than the other and sticks quite well for an hour or so, the other, is only minutes, if that. This may be the cause of other peoples problems...? i would like to try the direct distributor for replacement, rather than going through an on line shop, with little success.

bevanm
bevanm

Hi Chris
I purchased mine from Global Shop Direct and that is where I have returned them for a refund. I called them after having no luck with the on-line chat. Not sure who the distributer is if not them - sorry.

Chris Leyland

Hi Bevan, so far I haven't had much luck in contacting the online seller, so trying other methods of contact. Bit of a pity there is a problem, my step daughter and husband find them very good and we compared them, the green surface on theirs are perfectly flat, ours arn't.

Being made in China, I think the quality control has a lot to be desired. I also think that as there is so many comments, either very good or very bad, that this surface problem is probably the main problem. Also, the screen cleanliness seems to have a lot to do with the suction to the screen. Our same unit, sticks really well to one of our cars, and falls off the screen if it is slightly dirty, or has that "haze" that screens seem to get after a while. Comes off easy with window cleaner.

Anyway, back to contacting the supplier.