Gro Clock

Gro Clock

Way too bright, too fiddly

The light on the Gro Clock is way too bright, it alone wakes up my toddler and once awake, that’s now it. The set-up is too fiddly and the book is too small too be effective at reading together. Do not buy.

Purchased in December 2020 for $50.00.

Nikki

NikkiPerth, WA

Useless for smart toddlers

Our 3 year old was too clued on for this clock. Particularly in summer when the real sun is up at 5am and her clock sun comes on at 6.30am, she questions why the clock and the real sun didn't come up at the same time!! Also, there is no way that an independent 3 year old is going to stay in bed just because a clock hasn't changed to yellow yet, please!! My daughter is way too smart for this clock I'm sorry.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $55.00.

Sarah2013

Sarah2013Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked Initially

I used these a few years ago for my first 2 children, and initially they worked well in teaching my kids to stay in bed until the sun came up. However the clock stopped keeping time properly and i was forever adjusting it every few days. Only writing this review now as i wanted to see if there were any improvements as I'm looking for a new clock for my 3rd child, but might try Sam the lamb/sheep clock.

Samantha C.

Samantha C.Central, TAS

Clock that doesn’t keep time

The clock I got as a gift. Within a week of using it the time was falling more and more behind. When I reached out to Tommee Tippee (who owns gro clock) they said without a receipt they cannot help at all because they “have to be fair”.

Claire

ClaireGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gro clock was losing power intermittently and then wouldn't turn on altogether. This is what was wrong...

Purchased at Facebook for $45.00.

Kez

KezAU

Disappointed

Purchased in May 2020 at Dick Smith for $49.95.

Laura

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Irregular

KNyman

KNymanIllawarra, NSW

Disappointing Display

Have two Gro Clocks both with display issues - lights not working as should. My children hate the fact the images have disappeared mummy can’t fix them. Would never purchase again. Waste of money with no resolution from company.

Purchased for $60.00.

Kirst

KirstSydney, NSW

Disappointed

Someone bought this for me in 2016 when I was pregnant and we have had it packed away until today. We opened it up today and the pictures and clock don't light up fully.

Purchased in September 2016 at Myer.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Great concept terrible manufacturing

Within 6mo bits from the screen started to disappear until it was no longer working. No matter what we tried nothing would work. There is no warranty - esp after it had worked for about 6 months. Now we don't even know the best environmentally responsible way to dispose of it. Very sad.

Purchased in January 2017 for $50.00.

Edel

EdelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with purchase

Great product, bought for 3 yr old to keep her in bed longer in morning. Works great she now waits quietly and she gets very excited when sun comes up. Not the easiest to use but once you follow instructions it’s fine.

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $50.00.

Good idea, poor quality

We loved this to start with and our son learned to wait in bed until the sun came up. However like several other reviews have stated, parts of the display started disappearing after 6 months. We took the clock back for a replacement and were told our unit was the only one they’d ever seen with this fault (which clearly isn’t true, reading these reviews).

The replacement clock had exactly the same problem, and again the store expressed surprise. This time I didn’t bother getting a replacement.

In short: good idea, but very disappointing quality especially considering it’s not a cheap item. I definitely wouldn’t get another one.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $60.00.

Ange

AngeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Did not work for us..

This is the last resort of trying and hoping it will work for my child, but unfortunately outcome is still the same "early riser". My little one manage to figure out how to change the time and so he can see the difference pictures on the screen ( sun and the star). I think it need to build/ design better to outsmart kids..

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting for $59.00.

izogi

izogiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would be great if not for low build quality

Purchased in December 2016.

Coco

Coco

Our child has a bed time routine, he is generally in bed regularly by 7pm.. As soon as he was able to go through the night without feeding and was able to understand the concept, we used it. we have used it every night with no problems for over 2 years. There was a period of time when he was being toilet trained when we stopped using the gro clock and he would get up at 4am to use the toilet. After he was toilet trained fully, we restarted the clock setting it to 6am and it worked. It's a clever concept and is worth persevering with .The Gro clock coupled with a regular bed time, means a restful sleep for everyone .

Dba

Dba

Worked for our kid

Our kid was waking about 4-5 times a night at 18 months. In conjunction with refusing to take him out of his cot, I bought this clock and explained to him that he can't get out of bed until the "yellow sun". It took him about two weeks of fighting it... "no clock, no clock!" to get used it.

He slowly began sleeping more. He's almost 2.5 years old now. He still occasionally wakes at night but he looks at the clock and settles back down. Pressing the button is our new bedtime ritual and he loves saying goodnight to the sun and the star. The accompanying story book was useless in the beginning, but he enjoys it now.

I find the times very easy to program and the clock easy to use.

kam054

kam054AU

Baby loves Mr Sun!

We got the clock after 6 months of suddenly not sleeping well after 11pm. We haven’t managed to sleep until Mr Sun to appears but we have noticed she doesn’t wake crying, she talks to Mr Star instead. She’s only 2 so we expect this will take a while but here has been a definite improvement!

DaniTheGirl

DaniTheGirlAU

Sub standard

Ang T

Ang TPerth

Difficult to program, didn’t keep to time (ran fast)

I found this clock very difficult to program. Once programmed and working it then gained time, waking earlier and earlier each day. It just ended up confusing my son. Other cons with the design: blue night light and no back up battery. Only used for a week then ended in the bin. Unfortunately I had brought the clock ahead of time as I had heard how great it was so it was out of warranty.

James B

James BGold Coast

Worked for early wake up

I have only had the clock a few months but am soooo happy it has changed my daughters wake up time from 4am back to 6.30am. Took a couple of weeks but my daughter who has only just turned 2 totally understood the concept. My husband did the set up and sets it every night and did say it’s a bit complex but totally worth it for the extra 2.5hrs of sleep every day.