Gro Clock

Gro Clock Questions & Answers

32 questions from our users

eve

eveasked

is there any way of dimming the wake up sun ?

Sophie R.

Sophie R.asked

Why does my grow clock not count down properly. When I go in in the morning there is still like 4 stars left even after the alarm to wake up has gone off?

Tarni

Tarniasked

Does anyone else’s clock loose time? I’ve only
Had it set up for a week and every night it has lost time so it never turns to sunlight in the morning as it’s saying that it’s still the middle of the night! I’m disappointed in this product seeing as I had heard such good things about it and it wasn’t cheap at all :(

Wency

Wencyasked

My Gro clock LED display is so dim that I cannot see and set it properly. I can see the stars and clock if I try to look at the clock from different angles but still dim. Does it mean the screen is broken ? I am using a UK model in Canada using just an adaptor. Does it matter ?

kam054

I’m not from Gro but if you are using a diff voltage power adaptor that would affect use.

NDC

NDCasked

Groclock is set to 7.30am wake up but come 12am the sun comes up? Anyone else have this problem how do I fix it?

kam054

I’d return it. We don’t have this problem. More LO wants to get up at 12am!

Kevin S
Kevin S

I am guessing that you have the alarm set for 12:00AM? Click on the alarm bell from the main menu and set the alarm to the set wake-up time... then turn the alarm off - an x through the bell. Just a guess, but hope this helps!

Michelle Natalie

Michelle Natalieasked

Those of you that have this,is the blue light really bright? I know you can adjust the contrast but blue light is really bad for sleep so I'm not sure if this is a good option for us

kam054

I think you can adjust the brightness but we haven’t needed to. The light dims after about 30min. I was worried about the blue light but it is soft and gives enough light but not too much

Jamie C

Jamie Casked

Hi, is there a way of keeping the star on all night? My daughter looks for the star to know whether it's still night time but has said the screen is blank so she gets upset as doesn't know if time to get up or not. Thanks

kam054

It stays but doesn’t illuminate as brightly

Chelaynne

Chelaynneasked

Hi, I just bought my grow clock second hand so I am aware there is no warranty or anything. All of a sudden though the time doesn’t show on the main screen. Is there anyway I can bring it back?

Lindsey
Lindsey

When I spoke to customer service, they said it was a screen malfunction and there is nothing they can do

Shippy
Shippy

Sounds broken to me. Guess that’s always the risk buying second hand.

Sonia
Sonia

You can try turning the brightness down as low as possible. That may help for a while.

Tiredmum

Tiredmumasked

Hi is there a way that the stars/moon blue light can stay on all night? My son likes it as a night light... yet, hello 3am.. I’m woken up as his clock has turned off... again

eyvonne21

eyvonne21asked

Can you change the led light colours manually so that at night time the clock is a dim red colour and then when it's time to wake up it can be the normal yellow?
It's just that the blue light isn't actually good for a night light because it's a "day" colour light. So I'm wondering if you can change it manually? Or swap out the LEDs

I'm trying to find this out too. We have one for our toddler and I actually think it's making his night time sleeping worse. Total waste of money

Codi

Codiasked

Hi there,
I’m wanting to find out if anyone else has had the issue of the screen lighting up completely white with no images and how it could be fixed?
My son is autistic and sleep times really have become a struggle for the last few nights cause i haven’t managed to fix it.

Hollyasked

Is there a way to set the clock so that the sun screen shows all day, until I set it for nighttime? It keeps going to the digital clock screen and I was hoping to say sun means day time, star means we need to go to bed now...

No, not possible.

Catie W

Catie Wasked

We bought our gro clock 7 months ago, but from the last couple of months it's been turning itself off randomly, and just turn itself off every night the last few nights... It's placed high up on the shelf, out of reach from our 3 yo. There hasn't been power outage. What is wrong with it? Please help, thanks

L cooper
L cooper

i had thos happen to all 3 if mine lucky still under warranty so returned them and got refund on them

Aussiemumasked

Is there a lock for during the day??? My 2yo plays with the clock. I put it up and tell her etc but she gets to it anyway... can i lock it during the day? I lock it once i have set the night time. Every day i need to set the time... and l set the sleep and wake up time... 3 nights in and I can see the benefits but the constant setting of the time and no lock once the sun comes up in the morning is frustrating!!

Srich

Yes you can hold the arrow down key until you see a cross in the cheek of the character. Thanks

Aussiemum

this works at night, but during the day? when the sun comes up in the morning and she knows is able to get out of bed, the clock eventually goes back to the blue light showing the digital clock. Can you lock it when the digital clock is showing? Or just at night time?

Charles
Charles

No, I tried. I looked on the website and asked but they said no.

Izzieasked

Hi we have had our gro clock for at least 13 months and was working well until 4 days ago. We set his stars at 19.30 when he goes to bed and a wake up time for the sun at 07.30. However past 4 mornings the sun has come up at 06.15. I have checked the present time of the clock which is correct and checked the wake up times which are also correct. Any advice greatly appreciated

Dunkyboy

Did the power go out or anything happen of note 4 days ago? If not, only explanation is that you have a defective item if the wake up time are correct and the clock are set correctly.

Izzie

Thank you for your reply. I have worked out this morning that my son plays with the down button so the sun comes on automatically. Cheeky boy. I have now set the lock so hopefully he won't figure that out.

Julia

Juliaasked

My daughter presses buttons on the clock during night time which turns the sun back on and yells its wake up time. Is there a lock function on the phone to stop her doing this?

Srich

Yes there is a lock function, hold down the down arrow until you see a cross appear in the cheek of the sun or star

Vision05

Vision05asked

Hasn't there been extensive research which shows that blue light actually inhibits sleep?!

Holly

Yes! You can turn off the blue light by turning the brightness down to zero

Candace S.
Candace S.

Does the sun still come up in the morning if the brightness is set at 0?

Emma Francis

Emma Francisasked

Got my son a Gro Clock a few days ago..... worked properly for the first night but now it has started to turn off after a few hours so its pointless because he cant see the stars... is this a setting i can change?

Dunkyboy

My guess is you are selecting the wrong sleep type. You can either choose the Day or Night sleep. The night sleeps = the stars or moon (can't remember). The day sleep is the sun. They are set and selected using the same icon, but from different screens. If you select the day or night and you haven't set it, then it will probably "wake up" at midnight, which is why it appears off when you look in the morning.

Rachael

Rachaelasked

Hi I've set the time to wake up to 7am and now I want to change it. How on earth do I do that?

Srich

Please contact our customer service team at aucontact@gro.co.uk

maddie

maddieasked

I have turned the light on the Gro Clock down to setting 1 but it is still much too bright and is keeping my daughter awake. Is there any option to turn the light off completely at night?

Linx
Linx

Turn it down one more to off, the blue light is off for night time but the stars still show which they can see while their room light is on and in the morning the sun light still comes on even with the brightness turned off.

Get an answer from our members and Gro Company representatives