Gro Clock

Gro Clock (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Night Lights in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dunkyboy

DunkyboySouth East Queensland, QLD

Life is so much better - we can sleep again.

Tash

TashSydney

Great concept, but...

ramonabala

ramonabalaSydney, NSW

Helps toddlers sleep through

We had a perfect sleeper until age 3, when Our daughter started waking up in the night and calling for us. It was a shock to the system so we searched for ideas to help us. One was to cut the time of her daytime naps. The other was to get this clock so that she could tell the difference between night and day. She loves it and sets it in the night so she can watch the sun turn into stars. Generally this has worked a treat and she has started to sleep through. We've also been teaching her not to call out when The stars are on, though she sometimes still does.

2 kids differing results

Petra

PetraBrisbane

Great helping tool!!

First of all - let me make it clear....this clock will not make your kids sleep better or longer, you have to teach them :) But it sure is a great help to explain to a 2 yr old when it is ok to get out of bed in the morning! Many times my LO will sleep pass his wake up time but the other 50% of the time he will come in our bedroom 7:01, so I know he's been awake and waited for the sun :)
It's very simple and once you've had it for a while, easy to use. Definitely read the instructions...
The little story about a grumpy sleep-deprived pig is also cute. An easy read. All in all, a gret product worth the money if bought on sale :)

AdrianandShel

AdrianandShelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good Concept - Needs Fine Tuning

The concept is a good one and within days my 2-year-old knew to wait until the sun came up. However it is the brightest light even on the lowest light setting and the setting that is one below that is off - you can't see the picture of the star or sun without shining a light right on it. It has been waking our son up due to the brightness.
Edit: We gave up and just turned the led off altogether, it's super hard to see what you are doing if you need to change a setting but it still works and our son still knows not to get out of bed until the suns up. I rate it.

Do not buy if you travel - Broke 2 times while traveling

Besides the fact that it is a bit complicated to set, once set, it worked nicely with our kids. However, the 2 times we traveled with it, it broke!

We are from Montreal and travelled to Portugal. We used it with an adaptor, and it stopped working (only electric device that broke during thath trip). We decided to buy another one. Then, we traveled to Cuba (same electricity as Canada). When we plugged it, it stopped working again! I wrote the company and they did nothing. Just saying you should not travel with it. If so, they should write it in big. They did not offer any compensation. Now I need to buy another clock but will NEVER buy a gro clock again.

crunchy mama

crunchy mamaPerth

Works a treat for us.

We started using this when my son was just over one year old. He is now nearly three and he grasps the concept really well, and he does not dare to leave his room before Mr Sun comes up! We keep it out of his reach so he can't touch it or change it. We have just started using it for naps too. So glad we got this! It doesn't keep him asleep but it has helped him get into a routine and be calm knowing when we will let him get up.

kit1076

kit1076Brisbane

Terrible waste of money

Just a complete waste of time. The concept of was very easy for our nearly three year old to grasp so we were hopeful for no more 5am wakes. However the button lock function is activated/deactivated by pressing only one button for a few seconds. On the SECOND NIGHT my daughter worked this out and now simply overrides the key lock function, presses the button to bring up the yellow sun and proudly marches into our room stating "the sun's here now - time to wake up.' Worst $55 I ever spent.

AjB

AjBNSW

Don't buy this product!

We bought this when my daughter was around 2. It appeared to work but to be honest it was the same time when clocks were going back to regular time. In the summer months she is now back to 6am wake ups! A number of my friends have given up on the clock too!
I wouldn't buy this again.

kirstan55

kirstan55AU

Love it! Minor problems

JenMc

JenMcMelbourne

Good idea except it lights up the room!

This clock seems to work for most children but even on the dimmest setting it was so bright it lit up my son's room. He went from waking at 5.30-6am to waking at 4-5am as he'd wake and see the light and think it was morning even though he knew the sun wasn't out yet.
My son learnt very quickly that the stars meant sleep time and the sun meant morning.
It was far too bright and he woke up even earlier from the light in his room.

6.30am is better than 5am!

Julie10

LOVE IT, BUT CRITICAL FEATURES MISSING!!

Gro Company
Susan R.Gro Company

There is dim setting on the clock, in the menu you are able to select from 3 light settings.

Julie10

We already have it on dim and it is still too bright. Also the light is blue, which is a bad colour for disrupting sleep.

Ya78

Ya78Western Australia

Waste of Money

This clock is way to expensive for what it is. I was dissapointed by the cheap quality of it when I got it out of the box. In addition:
- No battery option only plug in
- Easily manipulated back to being the sun by my own toddler!
- Dont like the navigation of the settings.
I wish I had read other reviews before I bought this but I was looking for an "easy" answer. If you are reading this and thinking of getting one - go buy some blinds for kids bedroom instead! Or go to bed earlier so you can wake with the sun like mine does :) Just dont go wasting your money you will regret it.
The sun and moon are cute.

Nicola

NicolaNSW, 1595

Great idea, but wrong colours!

Blue light suppresses melatonin, the stuff we need to sleep. The clock concept is great, but it actually stimulates and disturbs sleep instead of encouraging it. Kids get the "wait for the sun" concept, but their sleep patterns are being disturbed. If they can get the colours right, this would be a great product.
Kids love the concept
The blue light is a poor choice and actively disturbs sleep

keg

kegMelbourne

• Selected Review

Waste of money

Lisa2575
Lisa2575

Maybe put the clock out of reach?

G.K

G.KMackay

Disappointing

Good idea, poorly executed

eurydice79

eurydice79AU

Good product, needs battery back up.

This is a great product for helping early risers, our son is 2 1/2 and with the lighter summer mornings started getting up earlier and earlier, with the Gro Clock he won't get out of bed until 6.30am and gets really excited when he sees the "sun" picture come up and comes to tell us all about it! My only problem with this product is there is no battery back up - he loves it so much that he often disconnects the power cord out the back to he can sleep with the clock in his bed, and this completely resets all the settings, so the next morning he gets up 6am or earlier.
Helped us get a sleep-in in the mornings (if you call 6.30am a sleep in!).
Needs battery back up so that even if disconnected, still works.