Gro Clock

Gro Clock (page 3 of 3)

3.0

6.30am is better than 5am!

Julie10South East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT, BUT CRITICAL FEATURES MISSING!!

Gro Company
Susan R.Gro Company

There is dim setting on the clock, in the menu you are able to select from 3 light settings.

Julie10

We already have it on dim and it is still too bright. Also the light is blue, which is a bad colour for disrupting sleep.

Ya78

Ya78Western Australia

Waste of Money

This clock is way to expensive for what it is. I was dissapointed by the cheap quality of it when I got it out of the box. In addition:
- No battery option only plug in
- Easily manipulated back to being the sun by my own toddler!
- Dont like the navigation of the settings.
I wish I had read other reviews before I bought this but I was looking for an "easy" answer. If you are reading this and thinking of getting one - go buy some blinds for kids bedroom instead! Or go to bed earlier so you can wake with the sun like mine does :) Just dont go wasting your money you will regret it.
The sun and moon are cute.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

Nicola

NicolaNSW, 1595

Great idea, but wrong colours!

Blue light suppresses melatonin, the stuff we need to sleep. The clock concept is great, but it actually stimulates and disturbs sleep instead of encouraging it. Kids get the "wait for the sun" concept, but their sleep patterns are being disturbed. If they can get the colours right, this would be a great product.
Kids love the concept
The blue light is a poor choice and actively disturbs sleep

keg

kegMelbourne

• Selected Review

Waste of money

Lisa2575
Lisa2575

Maybe put the clock out of reach?

G.K

G.KMackay

Disappointing

Good idea, poorly executed

eurydice79

eurydice79AU

Good product, needs battery back up.

This is a great product for helping early risers, our son is 2 1/2 and with the lighter summer mornings started getting up earlier and earlier, with the Gro Clock he won't get out of bed until 6.30am and gets really excited when he sees the "sun" picture come up and comes to tell us all about it! My only problem with this product is there is no battery back up - he loves it so much that he often disconnects the power cord out the back to he can sleep with the clock in his bed, and this completely resets all the settings, so the next morning he gets up 6am or earlier.
Helped us get a sleep-in in the mornings (if you call 6.30am a sleep in!).
Needs battery back up so that even if disconnected, still works.

ozzyturnNSW, 2074

A Great product that I thoroughly recommend

Such a simple idea, but so very effective.
Each of my children have one in their rooms. They love that they can see how many stars are left and decided whether to go back to sleep or play quietly in their bed ( usually on 1star).

It's especially good for keeping day sleeps consistent. Both of my children sleep 2 hours a day because of it.
Easy to set up & use. Easy for the kids to understand a visual cue like this. Variable light levels.
A battery back up would be a big help. Light level randomly resets to 0 every so often and needs to be reset to preferred setting.

Mellisa Walters
Mellisa Walters

Thanks we just put the gro clock in our son's room but noticed yesterday that the sun had "disappeared" but I could still see the time. Your suggestion about reseting the light level definately helps.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

MrsYogi

MrsYogiAdelaide, South Australia

Absolutely fantastic for early rising toddlers!!!

Our toddler has always been an earlier riser and to be honest that fits in well with our lifestyle/work but about two months ago she started getting up too early, approx 5.15am.
So I got out her Gro Clock and set it all up. Explained to her that if she wakes up and the sun isn't up yet, that it is still sleep time and she needs to go back to sleep. Well, she has been so good with it since. Every morning when she wakes up she yells out excitedly that her sun is up, lol! We have also noticed she is sleeping in later on some days now too, probably because she is waking at 5ish, seeing the sun isnt up and going back to sleep.
What an awesome invention!!!

modernmummy

modernmummyAU

Help keep kids in bed!!!

overall i would say the Gro clock has been benificial to us. i think our son was a little young to understand it at first (2 years) but definately by 2.5 he understood and it was a great way to teach him to sleep in later than 5.30am!!!
that you program what times work for you and you can program 2 different settings for day sleeps. also like it has a parent lock so that little fingers cant change the time.
the light even though turned down is quite bright. also our son is just on 3 and has learnt that if the parent lock is on if he just unplugs it and plugs back in then it disarms the lock and he can turn on the sun. a wall mounted clock would be good.

Mazza75

Mazza75AU

Great Idea

ozzyturn

Did you know you can adjust the light level? There's a light icon and settings of 0-10.