Gro Clock

Gro Clock

Way too bright, too fiddly

The light on the Gro Clock is way too bright, it alone wakes up my toddler and once awake, that’s now it. The set-up is too fiddly and the book is too small too be effective at reading together. Do not buy.

Purchased in December 2020 for $50.00.

Eco Kids Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Eco Kids Mattress

Ad
Nikki

NikkiPerth, WA

Useless for smart toddlers

Our 3 year old was too clued on for this clock. Particularly in summer when the real sun is up at 5am and her clock sun comes on at 6.30am, she questions why the clock and the real sun didn't come up at the same time!! Also, there is no way that an independent 3 year old is going to stay in bed just because a clock hasn't changed to yellow yet, please!! My daughter is way too smart for this clock I'm sorry.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $55.00.

Samantha C.

Samantha C.Central, TAS

Clock that doesn’t keep time

The clock I got as a gift. Within a week of using it the time was falling more and more behind. When I reached out to Tommee Tippee (who owns gro clock) they said without a receipt they cannot help at all because they “have to be fair”.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

KNyman

KNymanIllawarra, NSW

Disappointing Display

Have two Gro Clocks both with display issues - lights not working as should. My children hate the fact the images have disappeared mummy can’t fix them. Would never purchase again. Waste of money with no resolution from company.

Purchased for $60.00.

Sonia

SoniaPerth

Will break around 12months

The clock itself for teaching your child the difference between sleep time & wake up time is great. However, the clock’s display starts to distort around the 12 month mark and ours had all but disappeared around 14months. At which point I found out it only comes with a 12month warranty. Poor performance & life span for a $60 clock. Disappointed in the gro company.

This clock is a hassle not a help!

EXTREMELY difficult to program. EXTREMELY difficult to change the brightness.
This is the most unintuitive design i have come across in a very long while.

TIME does not keep - constantly losing 1 or 2 mins. I am constantly re-adjusting the time.

This clock is a hassle not a help! Night, night GroClock, you are going back to the store.

Eco Kids Mattress

Looking for Mattresses?

Read the reviews for Eco Kids Mattress

Ad

Terrible design, unintuitive to all but the kids

Setting the clock and wake-up time is amazingly unintuitive compared to products from Apple that we are all now well used to. But the thing that really detracts from this product is that unless you religiously lock the keypad (fairly complicated in its own right) every night at bed time, the kid only has to press one button on the thing in the morning when they wake up at ridiculous-o'clock and the screen turns from blue to yellow with a bright sun face winking at them, signalling that it is time to run yelling into mum & dad's room. The sun hasn't actually come up and fades back to the overnight blue star within 15 seconds, but that brief yellow face is as good a green light for the kid.

Do not buy if you travel - Broke 2 times while traveling

Besides the fact that it is a bit complicated to set, once set, it worked nicely with our kids. However, the 2 times we traveled with it, it broke!

We are from Montreal and travelled to Portugal. We used it with an adaptor, and it stopped working (only electric device that broke during thath trip). We decided to buy another one. Then, we traveled to Cuba (same electricity as Canada). When we plugged it, it stopped working again! I wrote the company and they did nothing. Just saying you should not travel with it. If so, they should write it in big. They did not offer any compensation. Now I need to buy another clock but will NEVER buy a gro clock again.

kit1076

kit1076Brisbane

Terrible waste of money

Just a complete waste of time. The concept of was very easy for our nearly three year old to grasp so we were hopeful for no more 5am wakes. However the button lock function is activated/deactivated by pressing only one button for a few seconds. On the SECOND NIGHT my daughter worked this out and now simply overrides the key lock function, presses the button to bring up the yellow sun and proudly marches into our room stating "the sun's here now - time to wake up.' Worst $55 I ever spent.

Night Lights

Find out how Gro Clock compares to other Night Lights

JenMc

JenMcMelbourne

Good idea except it lights up the room!

This clock seems to work for most children but even on the dimmest setting it was so bright it lit up my son's room. He went from waking at 5.30-6am to waking at 4-5am as he'd wake and see the light and think it was morning even though he knew the sun wasn't out yet.
My son learnt very quickly that the stars meant sleep time and the sun meant morning.
It was far too bright and he woke up even earlier from the light in his room.

Ya78

Ya78Western Australia

Waste of Money

This clock is way to expensive for what it is. I was dissapointed by the cheap quality of it when I got it out of the box. In addition:
- No battery option only plug in
- Easily manipulated back to being the sun by my own toddler!
- Dont like the navigation of the settings.
I wish I had read other reviews before I bought this but I was looking for an "easy" answer. If you are reading this and thinking of getting one - go buy some blinds for kids bedroom instead! Or go to bed earlier so you can wake with the sun like mine does :) Just dont go wasting your money you will regret it.
The sun and moon are cute.

Jenna W.

Jenna W.asked

Our gro clock keeps turning yellow before the set wake up time. We have followed the instructions exactly and every morning our clock has been set for 6.10 however my son comes out at 6 and the yellow sun is already on. We tried locking it last night.
Not sure what we are doing wrong?

Luke T.

Luke T.asked

Does any one know why before the set sleep time why the start comes out?

stephen m.

stephen m.asked

Gro clock has been working fine for months; over last three days set the clock on the "sun" time to activate the clocks sunrise for the next morning at 0730 hrs. However the next morning the screen is still showing 8+ stars and has the blue nigh time screen.Suggestions please ? Thank you

Alannah A.
Alannah A.

Mine to would love to know why

Sinead M.
Sinead M.

This has happened to mine also. It’s like it’s gone in to a 24hour timing. I find it really ‘clunky’ to use also. Something that should be really straightforward

Get an answer from our members and Gro Company representatives