Gro Clock

Gro Clock

PG18

PG18Melbourne

Nice book that comes with it, helps with bedtime

Our son has used his Gro Clock for the past couple of years. He is 3, turning 4 next month. It has definitely helped him understand the concept of time and waking up. He also likes to read the story before bed time and even knows how to set the clock himself now which is a part of his routine. Highly recommended.

Ad

Way too bright, too fiddly

The light on the Gro Clock is way too bright, it alone wakes up my toddler and once awake, that’s now it. The set-up is too fiddly and the book is too small too be effective at reading together. Do not buy.

Purchased in December 2020 for $50.00.

Nikki

NikkiPerth, WA

Useless for smart toddlers

Our 3 year old was too clued on for this clock. Particularly in summer when the real sun is up at 5am and her clock sun comes on at 6.30am, she questions why the clock and the real sun didn't come up at the same time!! Also, there is no way that an independent 3 year old is going to stay in bed just because a clock hasn't changed to yellow yet, please!! My daughter is way too smart for this clock I'm sorry.

Purchased in August 2020 at Big W for $55.00.

Samantha C.

Samantha C.Central, TAS

Clock that doesn’t keep time

The clock I got as a gift. Within a week of using it the time was falling more and more behind. When I reached out to Tommee Tippee (who owns gro clock) they said without a receipt they cannot help at all because they “have to be fair”.

KNyman

KNymanIllawarra, NSW

Disappointing Display

Have two Gro Clocks both with display issues - lights not working as should. My children hate the fact the images have disappeared mummy can’t fix them. Would never purchase again. Waste of money with no resolution from company.

Purchased for $60.00.

Edel

EdelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with purchase

Great product, bought for 3 yr old to keep her in bed longer in morning. Works great she now waits quietly and she gets very excited when sun comes up. Not the easiest to use but once you follow instructions it’s fine.

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $50.00.

Coco

Coco

Our child has a bed time routine, he is generally in bed regularly by 7pm.. As soon as he was able to go through the night without feeding and was able to understand the concept, we used it. we have used it every night with no problems for over 2 years. There was a period of time when he was being toilet trained when we stopped using the gro clock and he would get up at 4am to use the toilet. After he was toilet trained fully, we restarted the clock setting it to 6am and it worked. It's a clever concept and is worth persevering with .The Gro clock coupled with a regular bed time, means a restful sleep for everyone .

Dba

Dba

Worked for our kid

Our kid was waking about 4-5 times a night at 18 months. In conjunction with refusing to take him out of his cot, I bought this clock and explained to him that he can't get out of bed until the "yellow sun". It took him about two weeks of fighting it... "no clock, no clock!" to get used it.

He slowly began sleeping more. He's almost 2.5 years old now. He still occasionally wakes at night but he looks at the clock and settles back down. Pressing the button is our new bedtime ritual and he loves saying goodnight to the sun and the star. The accompanying story book was useless in the beginning, but he enjoys it now.

I find the times very easy to program and the clock easy to use.

James B

James BGold Coast

Worked for early wake up

I have only had the clock a few months but am soooo happy it has changed my daughters wake up time from 4am back to 6.30am. Took a couple of weeks but my daughter who has only just turned 2 totally understood the concept. My husband did the set up and sets it every night and did say it’s a bit complex but totally worth it for the extra 2.5hrs of sleep every day.

Sonia

SoniaPerth

Will break around 12months

The clock itself for teaching your child the difference between sleep time & wake up time is great. However, the clock’s display starts to distort around the 12 month mark and ours had all but disappeared around 14months. At which point I found out it only comes with a 12month warranty. Poor performance & life span for a $60 clock. Disappointed in the gro company.

Shippy

Shippy

Completely worth it

This clock is a hassle not a help!

EXTREMELY difficult to program. EXTREMELY difficult to change the brightness.
This is the most unintuitive design i have come across in a very long while.

TIME does not keep - constantly losing 1 or 2 mins. I am constantly re-adjusting the time.

This clock is a hassle not a help! Night, night GroClock, you are going back to the store.

Too bright fix

Terrible design, unintuitive to all but the kids

Setting the clock and wake-up time is amazingly unintuitive compared to products from Apple that we are all now well used to. But the thing that really detracts from this product is that unless you religiously lock the keypad (fairly complicated in its own right) every night at bed time, the kid only has to press one button on the thing in the morning when they wake up at ridiculous-o'clock and the screen turns from blue to yellow with a bright sun face winking at them, signalling that it is time to run yelling into mum & dad's room. The sun hasn't actually come up and fades back to the overnight blue star within 15 seconds, but that brief yellow face is as good a green light for the kid.

L cooperQld

Amazing product

I was hesitant due to some reviews, i tried many other solutions (baby gates, black out curtains) but after my 3rd child copied the others in leaving room as soon as they woke i thought id try it for myself. Brought 3 one for each kids room and shocked and amazed it works! I wasnt sure if just a phase as new to them but so far a month in and they never leave room untill it turns yellow. As a previous review mentioned it is bright but that a positive for me as my kids dont like dark rooms we used night lights before now dont need to. only minor thing is as soon as you unplug it the clock turns off and time stops so when plug back in its yellow but mine haven't figured that out. Shame dont have battery option

Dunkyboy

DunkyboySouth East Queensland, QLD

Life is so much better - we can sleep again.

Do not buy if you travel - Broke 2 times while traveling

Besides the fact that it is a bit complicated to set, once set, it worked nicely with our kids. However, the 2 times we traveled with it, it broke!

We are from Montreal and travelled to Portugal. We used it with an adaptor, and it stopped working (only electric device that broke during thath trip). We decided to buy another one. Then, we traveled to Cuba (same electricity as Canada). When we plugged it, it stopped working again! I wrote the company and they did nothing. Just saying you should not travel with it. If so, they should write it in big. They did not offer any compensation. Now I need to buy another clock but will NEVER buy a gro clock again.

crunchy mama

crunchy mamaPerth

Works a treat for us.

We started using this when my son was just over one year old. He is now nearly three and he grasps the concept really well, and he does not dare to leave his room before Mr Sun comes up! We keep it out of his reach so he can't touch it or change it. We have just started using it for naps too. So glad we got this! It doesn't keep him asleep but it has helped him get into a routine and be calm knowing when we will let him get up.

kit1076

kit1076Brisbane

Terrible waste of money

Just a complete waste of time. The concept of was very easy for our nearly three year old to grasp so we were hopeful for no more 5am wakes. However the button lock function is activated/deactivated by pressing only one button for a few seconds. On the SECOND NIGHT my daughter worked this out and now simply overrides the key lock function, presses the button to bring up the yellow sun and proudly marches into our room stating "the sun's here now - time to wake up.' Worst $55 I ever spent.

JenMc

JenMcMelbourne

Good idea except it lights up the room!

This clock seems to work for most children but even on the dimmest setting it was so bright it lit up my son's room. He went from waking at 5.30-6am to waking at 4-5am as he'd wake and see the light and think it was morning even though he knew the sun wasn't out yet.
My son learnt very quickly that the stars meant sleep time and the sun meant morning.
It was far too bright and he woke up even earlier from the light in his room.